All reviews long term an extended stay laundry room stove top full size refrigerator the hotel staff beth rates dumpster microwave relocating roaches gym privacy highway maintenance
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Just had to stay overnight after a long drive. They charged me a non-refundable fee of $50 for my dog. I don't really have a problem with that. We reserved a suite. There was nothing in the kitchen area at all. No cutlery, or glasses, plates, etc. Any other hotel that offers a suite has always had something, even if it was the basics. The bathroom had 2 towels and no washcloths, hand towels, soap or shampoo. The room cost us $190 total including the $50 for the dog. My husband still thinks it may have been bed bugs but we were too afraid to look. Just a shell of a room basically. We definitely will not be staying there again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank victoriamerrill1
Woodspring F, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I will certainly share your concerns with the staff. We do offer eating and cookware for a fee that is yours to keep at the end of your stay. I certainly understand that may not be ideal for nightly guests. Please note I will also be addressing the lack of wash cloths in the room as each room should have two towels, two wash cloths, a floor mat cups and soap. Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Just finished a 10 day stay here from NC, courtesy of my family. I was little apprehensive at 1st after reading many of the reviews on here. All I can say is don't believe everything you read! It is set up and run a little bit differently then other extended stay places. I would venture to say that it is probably one of the least expensive extended stays anywhere. 1/3 of the cost of many. So, yes, some things you might expect aren't readily included. This is an extremely clean facility and one of the safest places I have ever stayed in anywhere! Every one on the staff during that 10 days was exceptional. They knew their jobs and did things very professionally. It is in a very good area and very safe however if you do not have transportation be prepared it is really not as close to stores etc as some might say. Dot was a disadvantage to me as I did not have a vehicle and was dependent on my family to bring me everywhere which they did willingly. If you plan on cooking in the room be prepared to bring some utensils cooking items paper plates etc as they are not provided. However there is a lovely stove top microwave full size refrigerator. For the price of just under $56 per night this place is an incredible gem. I would stay there again in a heart beat only making sure I have my own transportation lol.

1  Thank Francis Y
Woodspring F, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review about your recent stay with us. It gives my team and I great pleasure to know that you found our facility clean, safe and the staff was friendly. These are all things we pride ourselves on here at Woodspring Suites. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I enjoyed staying here. It was clean, affordable, and the front-desk staff was very helpful. I have a dog, so it was wonderful that this hotel is pet friendly too! It was easy to get around with my dog and they have plenty of clean lawn areas/grounds to walk your dog around in.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for posting such a nice review about you recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The service was especially terrible. They forgot to give us new towels and would not change the sheets when asked. The receptionist was missing anytime I went to look for them. Overall, would not recommend and will never stay again.

1  Thank cccourtc

I apologize that your stay was not what you had hoped for. We strive to give our guest a great experience and it appears in this case we fell short. Please know I will address your concerns with the team, it is feedback like this that we use to learn and improve. We do value you and your feedback and hope you accept our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation for a room with TWO queen beds on May 17, 2018. I spoke with an employee named Chris around 2:00PM on our check in day (May 23rd) to let him know we would be arriving late (between 8-9PM) and to please hold our room. He confirmed our TWO queen bed room. When we arrived around 8:45 PM, Evelyn gave us keys to our room. When we went up to the room, there was only ONE queen bed and a small ( twin size) pull out sofa. We went back down and showed the email confirming our TWO queen bed room. She stated she could not put us in a TWO queen bed room because there were not any available for the length of our stay. This was extremely frustrating since we PAID for a TWO queen room. We explained to Evelyn that this was not satisfactory and that monetary compensation should be made to correct for the room we received. Evelyn called the general manager, Beth Grove. Per their conversation, Beth advised Evelyn to give us a blow up twin size mattress and place it on the floor. Beth DID NOT offer any compensation for the fact that we had paid for a TWO queen room and were only given ONE. When Evelyn brought the twin blow up mattress into the room, she said, "Just think of it like camping." To which we responded we are not paying campsite prices. WoodSpring Suites should be terribly embarrassed at how we were treated. Never in our life have we made reservations with a hotel for a TWO queen room, paid for a TWO queen room, and been given one. To make matters worse, we had just completed a continuous 17 hour drive the night we checked in. We came to Frederick due to a death in the family. This was a very difficult time for our family and the lack of decency and service of your establishment only made it worse. We should still be offered a refund for our room as we were charged for a TWO queen bed room. Also, your manager should receive training as to how to appropriately deal with these situations. We travel a great deal and stay in many hotels nationally and internationally; NEVER have we had such a horrible experience!!! We WILL NOT recommend your establishment to family or friends. We also completed the review you emailed us and we asked to speak with someone regarding our experience...no one has emailed us or called. Terrible experience overall.

Date of stay: May 2018