All reviews fire pit bistro bar standard marriott typical courtyard front desk room was clean numerous restaurants attending a wedding adjoining rooms nice breakfast the staff was great checking out night's sleep would definitely stay here again great place to stay lobby gym
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed here recently for one night due to a wedding nearby. I frequently prefer Courtyard locations as they tend to have nice mix of standard clean comfortable rooms but also some nice additional amenities like the Bistro, pantry and common areas. This location is no different.

Staff was very pleasant and efficient. Check in and check out took less than 2 minutes and our room was ready despite arriving a couple hours before official check in. Lobby was nice and there is a cute courtyard in the back with a fire pit. We did not really use much of this but they were nice spaces.

The rooms seemed nice but can be hit or miss. We visited a room or two of other guests who were also attending the wedding. Some had balconies, ours did not. Some rooms seemed larger than others. The balcony I saw was fairly large although there were no furnishings on them.

I think we got placed in one of the worst rooms. For the night it was fine since we basically just used it as a place to recover from our night of drinking. Bed was comfortable with those great soft Marriott linens. Room was clean and all the amenities replenished. When we first walked in, the AC seemed to be working hard but not really cooling the room well. When we returned later in the evening it was fine but it was also late and much cooler than day time. We didn't turn on the TV until we got back from the wedding very late. The TV would turn on and play normally, but after about 5 minutes, all stations lost connection. Turn off the TV and wait a while (at least 10 minutes) channels were back but would die again after 5 minutes. Lastly our shower temperature was not good. It was either steaming hot or luke cold. I tried adjusting it several times and could not find a sweet spot. It was manageable but not ideal.

Upon check out, I addressed these items with the front desk just so they could be aware to fix the issues and they were apologetic. I didn't want anything out of it but they offered me some points which I accepted. As mentioned, I think it was bad luck as no one else that stayed with our party seemed to have issues. If these things are important to you, check them out as soon as you get in your room and I'm sure the staff will do their best to take care of them.

Room tip: North side rooms oversee the courtyard. May get loud if people are out there. Some rooms have balconies so ask if you want that.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I arrived on Monday June 11 (Monday thru Friday) for work purposes. My stay was great the whole time. The front desk folks were easy to talk to and super responsive. I did have a mix-up with my stay (apparently I was double booked somehow) and the hotel cleared everything up promptly.
The rooms where clean, quiet, and homey. They were average rooms. One night there was a loud, younger group next to me (we had an adjoining door), and they did keep up until about 1am (and I had to be up at 4am), but the room wall was thick enough to where I could turn on the tv and drown them out. I didn't get much sleep that night, but they did eventually go to bed. That was not the hotels issue though.
I must say that the breakfast ladies and the lady in the hotel store were so cheery every morning! They were so much fun to talk to and so so friendly!
I didn't get a chance to get into the pool or hot tub, but they do have one if you're interested.

Room tip: If you want it quiet, you don't want to stay at a room near the elevator!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard Frederick for a night for a wedding. There were 10 of us so we got adjoining rooms (two room suite with a regular two queen bed room). Huge and comfortable accommodations. We all fit very comfortably. Balcony (did not use) with the suite. The price was reasonable for Memorial Day weekend. Staff was very friendly. Large swimming pool for the kiddos (indoor). Good location. Very nice stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Conveniently located just off of I-270, this is your standard Marriott Courtyard. Our room was comfortable and very clean. It was very quiet - we didn't hear any noise from the hallway or from the nearby busy road. The staff was great and their hospitality make this Courtyard stand out from many other places we've stayed. We were always greeted cheerfully on our way in or out the door. There are quite a few restaurants nearby, so there wasn't far to go to find dinner if you didn't want to eat in the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I was here for one night only. Is an easy location to find. Standard Marriott Courtyard. Are use the mobile app to check in, and was given a room on third floor directly across from the elevator, even though it is in my preferences not to be across from the elevator in my membership profile. When I return to the first floor and visited with the staff member who checked me and he was accommodating and with another room. The gym was small but OK. The staff at the café were outstanding. The pool was unavailable because it was being worked on. Also on the day I was checking out they were doing routine safety checks. This was not mentioned on their website or on the Marriott site when looking for information on the hotel. What they lack in customer service they make up for in location. Lots of things around the site, including great restaurants and shopping center. It was a beautiful day so I wanted to take a walk outside but you have to walk on the side of the road. I definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Danny V, General Manager at Courtyard Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello DWS13433,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our property. We value your feedback so we can improve the service we provide to all of our guests. If you would like to share more about your experience or suggestions please feel free to contact me at 301-631-9030.

Danny