All reviews breakfast buffet french toast fitness center a king size bed the francis scott key mall nice size flat screen tv housekeeping staff plenty of parking convention microwave maryland highway
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I don't usually bother to write reviews but felt I should share my experience for those that might have any reservations about staying at a Clarion. I stayed at the Clarion in Frederick, MD while waiting for my temporary housing. All staff was courteous, hotel was clean and decorated very nicely, their courtesy breakfast was excellent! Although they have a dining area for the evening I didn't get the chance to eat there. I made my reservations through Priceline and the process once I arrived was smooth and I was in my room in no time. Would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thanks for being our guest and for recommending us to future travelers. Our top priority is for you to have an enjoyable stay and from your five-star review, it appears that we succeeded in that. It was a pleasure having you at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are from out of state and we recently stayed here with family for a wedding (wedding was not at the hotel). Our room was on the ground floor and was conveniently located near a side door which was great since we were traveling with a dog. The room was larger than expected and the bed was super cozy. The room was fairly clean, but you can tell it’s on the older side as some of the finishes were pretty worn. The free breakfast was great and there was a nice variety of items. The housekeeping staff was very helpful and pleasant. The pool area looked nice although we did not have time to use it. The hotels location cannot be beat - Target is across the street, lots of other retail and restaurants... super convenient! There was plenty of parking and lots of room to walk the dog around outside. One inconvenience though was that the hotel does not have an elevator. We had family members who were traveling with a baby and they had a ton of stuff to carry up the stairs. Overall, good value for the price.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Alison, thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center while you were here for a family wedding. It’s a pleasure to know you were impressed with our convenient location and found us to be a good value. We appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Easy to find by the Francis Scott Key Mall. Asked for a ground floor room because I was traveling with a dog (all sizes allowed too!) and was given a ground floor, right near an entrance/exit door, which was just perfect. Plenty of parking and walking areas for pets. Rooms were large and very clean. Beds were soft and had plenty of covers. Had a fridge & microwave & a Keurig in the room too. Free breakfast in the morning was wonderful. French toast, sausage, omelets, home fries, all types of cereal & yogurts and fruits. Not a noisy establishment at all. I didn't use the mini gold for pool, but looked at the area and it was very well kept and inviting. I would definitely stay again at the Clarion on my next visit to Frederick!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easy access to outside for pets
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your nice review of Clarion Inn at the Frederick Event Center. We are glad to know you loved your well-equipped room as well as the delicious breakfast offerings while you were here. We are also happy to read you liked our pet-friendly policy. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Hotel was just mediocre, but beware of terrible customer service when it comes to making a reservation! I recently called to make a reservation, and apparently was connected with the call center. The agent verbally confirmed the reservation, after taking my credit card information. However, I never received the written confirmation via email, as expected. I then called the Clarion and spoke with someone who identified themselves as the "General Manager." I told him I was most concerned about having given my credit card info over the phone and now there was no apparent record of it. He assured me that he would look into it and get back to me. I never heard back from him despite leaving 3 different phone messages for him, with the front desk and on his cell phone. After repeated tries, I finally reached him several days later. First said he misplaced my phone number. Then I told him I had left him three different messages. He said he had been busy and he has two other properties he manages. No attempt was made to resolve the problem and no explanation was given. Still no word on what went wrong with the earlier reservation. I ended up staying here anyway and still no attempt was made to address the issue or inconvenience. . Still no clue as to what happened. As far as the hotel, I wished I had stayed at one of the other, nearby hotels, as the stay here was just mediocre. The hotel is back off the road and not easy to find. The bottom line, I received the WORST customer service regarding my reservation/stay that I have ever experienced with ANY hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We apologize for the reservation problems you experienced and are sorry we did not completely address them to your satisfaction. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps identify areas needing improvement. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the excellent service and hospitality you should always expect from our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Driving home to Ct and stopped to stay at Clarion in Fredericks Maryland. Looked OK from the lobby. Entering room at first glance looked fine.....pulled back sheets to find long black hairs and dead bugs!!!
Called many inhouse numbers only to get recordings...called front desk, and they dispatched maintenance who came promptly to change sheets.
I slept fitfully of course, wondering whether I was being covered by cooties!!

Clean up your act Clarion!!! If it wasn't so late, I would have gotten my money back and left.
Hope someone at Clarion - high up - sees this review, so someone else doesn't have to go through what I went through.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry that the cleanliness of our hotel was not up to par while you were here. We are working to address the problems you mentioned and hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance to make a much better impression.