“Last night and the best”

Restaurante Galena Mas Comangau
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Begur
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurante en Begur, de cocina tradicional Mediterranea a la brasa de carbon vegetal.Facilidades de aparcamiento.
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

After eating out on four nights using trip advisor to guide us we decided to try our last night at this great place. It's position on the main road rather than in the quaint streets of begur could put you off but no ho on give it a try.
We had the grilled goats cheese salad as a starter which was large and delicious also had the fresh small beans and tiny squid which was tasty and unusual.
Main courses were grilled lamb chops with vegetables, simply tasty and well cooked. Also had the fish stew which had a subtle taste surrounding good pieces of fish. Finished with a dessert of soft cheese and fig which I thought was soft and gentle , my glamorous date loved the brilliant pineapple cannelloni. Which was outstanding.......
Overall a great place which you must try...

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This restaurant is in a hotel which the owner (Miguel) created out of a centuries-old Catalan farmhouse. It is located just s few blocks from the main area of Begur. Both the food and the ambience here are great. You can eat in the dining room or out on the terrace.

I ate here with my husband and my 22-year-old son last week. I had the cochanilla (suckling pig), my son had a steak and my husband had the turbot. All delicious! We also had a nice wine and a tasty dessert. One of our best meals of the trip. The price was quite reasonable. Highly recommend.

P.S. The breakfast buffet that is available for the hotel guests is wonderful, including lots of homemade breads/breakfast cakes.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

After good reviews we decided to visit on our first night I had steak for 22 Eros served with greens and potatoes the steak was Luke warm cooked how I wanted with I slice of potato and 1 slice of pepper I slice courgette 1 slice of aubergine unfortunately spoiled as cover in salt also on the steak the veg we're inedible
my husband had suckling pork with vegetables 18 euros the veg we'e inedible due to incredible sweetness the pork was a tiny square of meat skin was soggy and overcooked on the outside We had two spirits with mixer which cost 9 euros each.
The staff on the whole friendly although some were quite dismissive to us we had house wine which was 12 Euros this was very good. Unfortunately we came away still Hungary . Would not visit again a shame because setting and views good but over priced and appeared to very busy full of rich people ooh and ahing about not very good food.

1  Thank sil r
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We loved our experience here. We had a cocktail on the terrace prior to dinner. We moved inside for our meal as there were smokers on the terrace. My husband ordered the turbot with ratatouille and it was fresh and delicious. I had the beef filet which was tender, delicious and perfectly prepared. The wine prices are very reasonable. Service and ambience were also wonderful.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Weekday menu is excellent value and enjoys the same quality dishes (like roast suckling pig) as the a la carte menu and also includes wine. We have enjoyed the most delicious char grilled rabbit dishes and excellent locally fished baby squid. Think we had the biggest fillet steaks ever, char grilled to perfection during our visit last Sunday to celebrate our 45th anniversary !