“Could do with a bit of customer service training”
Review of Begur Dive

Begur Dive
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We went for a dive with guide having completed about 10 dives since completing our PADI qualification. We arrived early to get kitted up. On arrival we were given some gear, but very little information. The shop front was small & rather chaotic. Once kitted up, we had to ask where to go. The people on duty spoke little English. The dive instructor was thankfully a bit better and kept an eye on her participants throughout. The dive was a smallish rock formation not far from the beach. Not particularly interesting and really quite busy with other boats. I wouldn’t return as the lack of information and interest from shop stewards concerned me!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This rates very lowly for me. We were given a “garden” view room which overlooked a narrow busy road. Also overlooking the bins. The garbage truck arrived at 6am. The room did not have a fridge and ice was €5.
The bed protector was polyester so made sleeping very difficult and the air con was inadequate.

1  Thank Jill C
Reviewed 20 August 2016

I have dived for about 5 years with Begur Dive and every time it's as if it is the first. Most other dive places have a personal connection with people and when you go there several times they remember. Not Begur Dive. They have little or no connection with anyone and I have always been struck by their relative indifference to their clients. But as I love diving and have over 100 dives to my credit, I just ignore it. Before going on the dive all the people in the dive shop ignored us completely and no-one made any effort to check what equipment we needed and whether we had been given the necessary kit.This time I ended up not diving, not for any other reason than the fact that the dive guide, Montsé, completely ignored what I had told her about how I needed to go down on the anchor line because of a problem of equalisation. We went out in a strong current and the sea was quite choppy. We were three divers with the guide and she told us to descend quite a way from the boat. The one lady did not have enough weight (after asking for advice) and I could not go down straight because of the current and being far from the anchor line. We ended up drifting about 200m from the boat and then had to swim back towards it to reach the line. By that stage I was exhausted and frustrated and so gave up, as did the other woman with us. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to the dive and had given explicit indications of what my needs were in the circumstances, but I got the impression that Montsé could not have given a damn. If we had done as I said, we would all have had a good dive even if it was a strong current. The owner of the dive shop was equally unsympathetic. So I paid €47 for not diving. As this is an accumulation of indifference and lack of client attitude, I will not be diving with Begur Dive again.

1  Thank Francine L
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We actually dived in L'Estartit, a few miles away, but stayed in the beautiful although very hilly Begur. Stunning place, quite tiny, wonderful town centre great bars and restaurants- completely recommend!