“Comfortable with easy access” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord

BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Concord
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable with easy access”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

For the price, this is a very reasonable hotel. Concord center and Lexington are close by, as are Acton, Westford, Littleton, And Maynard. There is a full breakfast served cateria style in the morning, and a small but well stocked and functioning exercise room. The rooms are clean and comfortable with complimentary WiFi and the staff is pleasant and want to help.....this worked very well for me and I would recommend it for anyone needing to be in the Concord Mass area.

Room Tip: If the hotel shows up as booked, call directly. I got the best rate by speaking with the hotel when...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
West PalmBeach, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Full disclosure, I am aHilton Honors menber, I was rushing, thus may be alittle harsh.

I am sure the staff is friendly, but just not up to par.
Also, for the first time, I have to disagree with many reviews of this property, which was the reason I opted to saty here. I was planning to stay at colonial inn, but saw so many piositve reviews of this hotel, I thought I would give it atry.

I can only rate it average to less than at best.

It may not matter to others, but just about every property these days whether budget or high end, have heating/cooling units witht hermopstatas, just my thing.

We were there and it was cold, (around 30 at night), and nothing worse than on old wall unit that is noisy and no thermostat.

also, the biggest turnoff, musty room, and mildew smell, that was most unpleasant.

lastly, we there just one night, had been busy, asked for quiet room. The girl atthe front desk actually then appeared to work at finding aquiet room, but turned out about 10:30 that evening, folks arrived in there room above me, I was almost goign to say something when she gave me a first level room (two levels) but felt she must have known no one above or quiet.
Picture yourself in room, with every step taken by people above, the entire ceiling creaks, as if walking on loose boards.. horrible...
Again, that was after asking for quiet.

Also I saw many reviews glowing about there breakfast etc, it is averager, nothing more than any Hampton, Holiday Inn express and quite frankly lesser quality than those. again, I dont care about hot items, do not get me wrong, nothing negative about it, but certainly not anything special...

Restassured, I will not be trying out any more Best Westerns unless forced to.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep and not hear every step taken by guests, make sure you are on second level
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tony15230
betsee123, General Manager at BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
I was so sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay at our property. We take a great deal of pride in our Hotel and do our utmost to please each and every guest. We are currently in the midst of an extensive capital campaign to upgrade our facility which includes new digital PTAC units, however unfortunately not all units have been replaced at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience, you are correct that the new systems are so much more efficient. I was also disappointed that you were not happy with our breakfast as we feel we provide an outstanding complimentary buffet including eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, French toast, fruit, yogurt, breads, pastries and cereal.

I would like to thank you on behalf our housekeeping staff for awarding us 5 out of 5 for cleanliness as this is something we surely view as a top priority, and work very hard to provide. .
Please know that we are taking your comments to heart. We are continually soliciting feedback on ways to improve, and as a loyal Hilton guest your feedback gives us insight into how Best Western can better compete for your business in the future.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is a hotel situated at the historical Concord. The rooms and are spacious and very well maintained.
It's certainly a well priced budget hotel, without frills, but if you need a nice comfortable hotel to either conduct business or sightsee, this is a great option.

Likes :
1. Exceptionally friendly staff
2. A good spread for breakfast
3. Price is just about right
4. Very good service.

They have a good spread for breakfast, more options then many other places in the same range that I have stayed at.
But, what I liked most was the friendliness and service of the staff.
In fact I forgot my camera in the room, and when I contacted them, they made immediate arrangements to ship it to my place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Bellport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is everything we were hoping for our three day stay in Concord. Homemade chocolate chip cookies at the front desk after about 2:00, extremely clean rooms, friendly check-in, extra blanket in armoir. Free breakfast bar is well-stocked with cereal, bagels, donuts, fruit, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, sausage, French toast, fruit juices, coffees, and teas. The eating area is upstairs (they will bring you a tray if needed) and is large, bright, and clean with tv, daily papers, and even a few books and magazines.
Staff is courteous and friendly, even when we checked in after midnight. Rooms are very quiet. Hotel is older but has been updated and meticulously maintained. Very close to historic areas. Very comfy bed with lots of pillows. We would stay her again any time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked a room here to get out of the Boston area upon arriving by plane to begin our New England trip. The price was reasonable, the staff friendly and helpful, the room quite clean and comfy. The hotel is older, but well maintained. It is just minutes from downtown Concord and all the historic sites there. It was a great beginning to our adventure. Thanks Trip Advisor and fellow travelers for the tip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
3.1 km away
10.7 km away
Element Lexington
Element Lexington
#2 of 4 in Lexington

Been to BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK