“Almost great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Almost great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The location is in the heart of buckhead...got a great deal on their website...lobby is beautiful and the room is nice...until you get to the bathroom. They have obviously refurbished the hotel...except the bathroom...it is a throwback to grubby 80's...instead of a new or refurbished bathtub, they installed a mat that covers 3/4 of the tub, so you can still see the gross worn out old tub. Really gross...made me reconsider staying here again...almost a great place...

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank stephanie p
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our Hotel. I apologize that the bathrooms did not meet your expectations. We take a great deal of pride trying to keep all 181 rooms up to standards and it seems we have failed you. I have researched the room you stayed in and we are making sure that the tub issue is addressed.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Decided to stay the weekend in Atlanta after a work trip further upstate. Ended up getting this hotel for under $60/night on Priceline.

Positives:
Great location. In the heart of Buckhead, about 2 blocks from city train and not too far from Lenox Mall, AMC Fork & Screen, Phipps Plaza and a whole host of other great places.
Check-in and out was very smooth. I arrived before Check-in time and they were able to accomodate me, plus change my room type! Everyone was extremely helpful in the hotel. Its the little things that count, like greeting you everytime you walked in the door, as well as saying 'Have a nice time out' when you leave.
Food in the bar/restaurant area didn't seem too expensive, however I only had a lite breakfast and the price seemed about the same as if I went to Starbucks. The hotel also offered free internet.
The room itself was okay, nothing to write home about. Though it was nicely decorated (the same goes for the lobby of the hotel). However, I did enjoy the separation of the sink and the rest of the bathroom and the small couch included in my King-bed room. The bed was comfortable for the most part. Also, they offered iHome units in the room (however, I couldn't seem to get mine to work).

Negatives:
I had trouble trying to adjust the thermostat. It seems like their wasn't a switch to indicate whether you wanted air or heat, plus the unit was loud. The bathroom was a nice size but it desired a little more cleaning for my taste. The stopper had come unscrewed in the bathtub. The floor also got wet after showering, even though I took the proper precautions to prevent this from happening. The doors to the room slammed extra loud, compared to other hotels I have stayed in. This was evident at 3AM when a door slammed somewhere near me and woke me up out of my sleep because at first I thought something had fell. Though I didn't bring a car, they charge parking.

All in all, not a bad hotel, you get what you pay for. However, their are some other hotels in the area that might be a bit better and not much more in price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Court18
ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I got this hotel from a shot in the dark on Priceline. I paid $45 and booked one night. I got there on a Thursday and to my surprise, they had a free dinner going on weeknights in the area where you eat continental breakfast. It was awesome with free beer/wine and spaghetti dinner with salad and all the trimmings. Just like continental breakfast, but for dinner. A great idea. The staff were friendly and funny. My room was huge. Had a very comfy Queen bed, kitchen, desk, couch and flat screen TV. Also a large bathroom area. It was like a studio apartment. It was in a very nice place, safe, no crime or sketchy people. The area is rich and heading north is a very rich area. I loved the place and I've never stayed in Atlanta before, so that's why I only booked one night. The next morning, I booked a second night. There was no reason to move hotels. Well worth the $45 per night. Try Priceline and bid $45 for it...I got it for half price !! Nice people and a nice pace to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were booked in to this hotel for two nights as part of a group. The general reception area was clean and tidy with some easy chairs. Check-in was efficient and staff were very
pleasant. The allocated room accessed by lift was very good. Breakfast was included, and the range and quality of food was very good as was the service. We did take advantage of the bar meals on one occasion. The bar service was good and pleasantly provided. One of the internet computors did experience problems and could not be resolved immediately in spite of quick attention from a member of the hotel management. There were however alternative terminals available.
The location is good for business, although a little distant from the downtown centre of Atlanta.
One slight negative was when enquiring about transfers to the airport. We were offered taxi or private car for between $40-$50. No mention was made of the direct train from a subway station 8/10 minutes walk away costing only $6. We independently chose the latter.
Overall our stay represented a good experience

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I am a Marriott Platinum member, and stay at a lot of Marriott properties throughout the world. On a recent trip to Atlanta, I needed to stay in the Buckhead area, and came across the Courtyard on Peachtree avenue. Typically, when I stay at Courtyards, it's a bit of a "compromise". I'm trying to save a bit and recognize that i'll be getting less in services. However, this hotel was really not a compromise at all. You can tell it's been recently renovated. The room and lobby were very clean, light, and spacious. The bistro restaurant in the lobby had an excellent breakfast, including healthy options and fresh brewed Starbucks coffee. The fitness center was small, but for a Courtyard it was certainly ample. The staff was delightful and very helpful. I would highly recommend this property for those business travelers going to Buckhead.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business