“Pluses and minuses”

Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The hotel was clean, well equipped and in a wonderful location. There were unfortunate problems with the front desk which failed to document my request to give a key to another occupant of the room who arrived after I did. Also even though I requested a room for 4, there were only 3 towels and the sofa bed was unmade. The breakfast selection was very good, and the attendant Lakoshia was so helpful and solicitous that she made up for the hotel's shortcomings, though.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that my desk dropped the ball and failed to follow through with your request to have key waiting for your guest. I have followed up with my team so others do not encounter a similar issue. I am happy to see that Latasha took good care of you at breakfast and made up for the front desk clerks error.

Randy

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Not a typical Marriott. Maybe it is the Residence Inn chain, or it is an historic building but it is not your typical Marriott room.

Checking in was very nice. Everyone we encountered was friendly and approachable. We were only staying one night.

Our room was so SMALL! It was so small we had to bring in each bag separately and take it to the bedroom before bringing in the next bag. You can not walk around the bed without being very careful (you have to walk sideways). If you are standing at the bathroom vanity the door to the bedroom will hit you. No ice bucket (I was told to use the plastic water pitcher in the fridge); a little tacky. To keep the ice cold you have to take the shelf out of the freezer to fit the pitcher...again tacky.

On the good side it was two rooms, quite, bed was comfortable and WiFi worked. It is a great location for downtown activity. It had a fridge, micro, small stove, real plates, coffee cups etc. so if you are staying for a while that would come in handy. I read a lot of reviews talking about noisy elevator. My room was close to the elevator & I didn't hear it once.

I realize the hotel is historic and maybe all the rooms are as small as mine. But, as a Gold Elite member this was a FREE night and feel like maybe I was given "that" room that no one would really want, because it was free. It was a queen one bedroom suite. Believe me that when they say 2 person max they mean it!

Personally, if we stay in Atlanta again Ill look for a different Marriott. Sorry.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn R

Good evening Dawn R,

I want to thank you for taking the time share your thoughts about our hotel. I am sorry that you found your room not to your liking due it size. As you noted our hotel is a historic building which was converted to a hotel so our rooms are smaller than a typical Residence Inn. The room you describe is one of our One Bedroom Suites and they are pretty much all the same. In some rooms the bedrooms are bigger and living room smaller but the overall size of the rooms is the same. I am glad that you found our staff and location to your liking and do hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Friends and I flew in town last weekend for a wedding. The wedding was in Suwanee, Ga. When we arrived at the hotel, the valet department was slammed. They could not move any vehicles. There was a movie shoot going on. All the roads around the hotel were close. Bad day for a movie shoot. Traffic was everywhere, we really felt sorry for those valet guys. We had to park in front of Dunkin Donuts. The hotel rooms were nice and clean, the food was excellent. Front desk needs improvement. William kept us on hold for 20min, Raymond had a nasty attitude. Raymond was not professional at all. He also had a hygiene problem. You could smell that guy breath across the counter, he need to fix that problem asap. William talks to fast, he needs to slow down when speaking. Housekeeping was nice, the valet department was excellent. Abraham was very helpful when we checked out. When came in from Salt Lake City, Utah. If in town again, we will stay at this property...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Good day syndergaardj212,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that our front desks staffed failed to provide you with the level of service which you expected. I will follow-up with my team. I am pleased t see that you found your room to be cleaned and the food at our breakfast to be excellent. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Our stay was great... The food was great... The rooms were nice and clean... Hotel staff was great, especially the Valet department.. They was very helpful.. They gave great directions, they assisted with our luggage... Jalen and Terrance were great... Front desk need a little improvement... The female that was working the day we checked in, was not multi task... She really was struggling...I Don't remember her name, but she needs a lot of help.... We will stay at this property again, as long as USA parking is over the valet service, my family and I will continue to stay there.. Also, the hotel is convenient to everything....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Good Morning carolwaters69,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the found everything to your liking. I have shared your feedback with my team and with USA Parking Valet team. Thank you again for your kind words and look forward to seeing again when you return to Atlanta.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Very good location. I was there for a trade show at Americasmart. One of the Peachtree Marta stations is across the street. It's a different exit than the one inside the Mart, but the same station when you get underground. Lots to do within walking distance. Breakfast is hot. Waffles! As per other reviews there is only one ice machine and it's on the third floor. No ice buckets so I used the coffee pot.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Good Day Ming95864,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. I am glad our location worked out well for you and found our breakfast to your liking. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again.