All reviewsfront deskmarta stationwithin walking distancesocial hourthe sofa bedvalet parkingfree breakfastbedroom suitepeachtree centercentennial parkhomeless peopleworld of coca colabreakfast roommajor attractionshotel is locatedvalet staffstreet noise
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Last minute trip to Atlanta. Decided on the Residence Inn because we wanted a suite and it was a good location. We arrived just in time for the free welcome reception. They served yummy bratwursts, potato salad & green salad. Drinks were included! We were greeted in the hospitality room by the manager Amanda, she was awesome! When she realized we didn't have plans she was quick to help us plan the perfect visit to Atlanta. Our suite seemed small but would the perfect size for 2-3 people. Parking was $30 seems high to me but I'm pretty sure that's normal for the area. All in all very satisfied with the Residence Inn.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Raymond B, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Maddsmom00,
Thank you for for taking the time to write a review of your stay. You kind words will be shared with the staff and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This totally refurbished old professional building is smack dab in the center of town! Instead of riding the subway, or a taxi, one of the helpful bellmen suggested that we walk to a spot just a few feet away which had good food, reasonable prices, and live music---The Juke Joint!. We left there, crossed the street, that there was The Hard Rock Café....and Hooters was just down the road.---along with other non-franchise outfits. Breakfast at this Residence Inn can easily satisfy through the lunch hour. Really, they made scrambled eggs like professionals. And naturally, all the other main stays were available.

Room Tip: This hotel is DOWNTOWN in a large city---they provide ear plugs in the night stands.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Good Day Randy S,

I want to say thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you found our location, service and breakfast to your liking. Again, thank you for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again.

Regards,

Randy

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We booked this hotel due to its location to restaurants and the MARTA. It was not a disappointment. The hotel is right across from the MARTA station, and within 1 to 2 blocks of many restaurant choices. Centennial Park, the Ferris Wheel, World of Coca-Cola and other attractions are 4-6 blocks from the hotel. I asked locals and a Police Officer if it was safe to walk at night, and they said yes. We stayed cautious, as we would in any city, but did not come across anyone in those areas that we felt uncomfortable being near.

The hotel is a very old building, but was nicely renovated, with a modern feel. William checked us in and was a regular contact during our stay. He was professional and very friendly. As a matter of fact, I did not run into a single staff member who was not courteous and attentive.

We had an issue with the sink, as the stopper did not work. Facilities was up in a matter of minutes, and the issued was addressed quickly.

The free breakfast was typical hotel free breakfast fare, but it was tasty and satisfying. The breakfast area was nicely maintained, and cleaned quickly by the attentive staff members.

You will read in some reviews about the homeless in the area, and yes, there were some around, but not any worse than in Washington DC, New York, or Los Angeles. It is in a city, and sadly, that is part of staying in the city.

All in all, I would certainly select this hotel again if I were to return to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Request a room with a Ferris wheel view. That is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Raymond B, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Jersian,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay at the Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown. I am happy to know that we were successful on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels and we appreciate you honest feedback. We look forward to your return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The hotel rents known "defective" rooms then plays games/takes its sweet time dealing w/ refunds.
After being awakened by loud thumps in the wall, multiple times during the night & day (napping) the hotel front desk staff 2x tried to blame the city for doing underground metro construction..."We can control the city" Finally, they sent a civil engineer to the 2 room suite my family & I were sharing w/ my elderly parents. The engineer didn't even walk into the room b4 stating, its our old elevators next to the room making the noise. I requested to be moved to a different (quieter) room in the hotel & that request was denied, unless my parents also moved to a different room. Not wanting to disrupt the stay of my parents, who's room didn't back up to the noisy elevator, I gave up. In order to get some sleep, I moved my family to a different Marriott property & left my parent there. Ray, the assistant manager's explanation for not accommodating my request was the hotel needs to re-rent your known defective suite right away (to another unsuspecting guest). Add'ly Ray couldn't contact the Mgr, Mr. Money, as he was on vacation & no one else could address my request.
Additionally, the hotel's over worked maid had to clean 35 rooms that day & copped an attitude when we called down to have our room made…she didn’t show up to straighten the room until after 3 pm.
When we got home, Mr. Money tried ignoring my requests for compensation, until corporate pressed him weeks later. His initial response stated even though I was inconvenienced, he couldn't help me b/c my fathers name was on the room & my father didn't complain.
I then had to help my father issue the same request to Mr. Money. Finally Mr. Money refunded my father one night's stay, enough to cover my hotel costs.
So in the end Mr. Money did the right thing, but getting there was unnecessarily cumbersome & I hope, unusual for a Marriott. Hope I never have to test that again at a diff location.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Raymond B, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown with us.
One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not quite meet your or our expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our guest experience. Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards member and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Arrived at 2:35pm with reservation for two nights. The staff were very friendly, helpful doorman and front counter person. We could have had valet parking but we decided on self parking as an option. The hotel is older building but in good condition and we had Room 907 Studio. I would definitely stay here again as all tourist areas in the downtown of Atlanta are nearby.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

JazzyButtons,

I appreciate your comments and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will definitely stay with us again. We hope to see you soon!

Randy