All reviewsfront deskmarta stationwithin walking distancesocial hourthe sofa bedvalet parkingfree breakfastbedroom suitecentennial parkworld of coca colabreakfast roommajor attractionshomeless peoplepeachtree centerhotel is locatedvalet staffstreet noise
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The hotel rents known "defective" rooms then plays games/takes its sweet time dealing w/ refunds.
After being awakened by loud thumps in the wall, multiple times during the night & day (napping) the hotel front desk staff 2x tried to blame the city for doing underground metro construction..."We can control the city" Finally, they sent a civil engineer to the 2 room suite my family & I were sharing w/ my elderly parents. The engineer didn't even walk into the room b4 stating, its our old elevators next to the room making the noise. I requested to be moved to a different (quieter) room in the hotel & that request was denied, unless my parents also moved to a different room. Not wanting to disrupt the stay of my parents, who's room didn't back up to the noisy elevator, I gave up. In order to get some sleep, I moved my family to a different Marriott property & left my parent there. Ray, the assistant manager's explanation for not accommodating my request was the hotel needs to re-rent your known defective suite right away (to another unsuspecting guest). Add'ly Ray couldn't contact the Mgr, Mr. Money, as he was on vacation & no one else could address my request.
Additionally, the hotel's over worked maid had to clean 35 rooms that day & copped an attitude when we called down to have our room made…she didn’t show up to straighten the room until after 3 pm.
When we got home, Mr. Money tried ignoring my requests for compensation, until corporate pressed him weeks later. His initial response stated even though I was inconvenienced, he couldn't help me b/c my fathers name was on the room & my father didn't complain.
I then had to help my father issue the same request to Mr. Money. Finally Mr. Money refunded my father one night's stay, enough to cover my hotel costs.
So in the end Mr. Money did the right thing, but getting there was unnecessarily cumbersome & I hope, unusual for a Marriott. Hope I never have to test that again at a diff location.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Raymond B, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown with us.
One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not quite meet your or our expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our guest experience. Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards member and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Arrived at 2:35pm with reservation for two nights. The staff were very friendly, helpful doorman and front counter person. We could have had valet parking but we decided on self parking as an option. The hotel is older building but in good condition and we had Room 907 Studio. I would definitely stay here again as all tourist areas in the downtown of Atlanta are nearby.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

JazzyButtons,

I appreciate your comments and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will definitely stay with us again. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel was great! The staff were super nice and very accommodating! Valet was great. Breakfast was good. The location was fantastic we were in walking distance to everything. Lastly the facility was very clean! Woukd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Raymond B, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Christow107,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Good hotel in convenient location with comfortable beds, modern amenities, kitchen, and good breakfast.
But there are something to be mindful of:
- no self-parking. Valet is $30 per day.
- Room size is much smaller than regular Residence Inn. But it's historic downtown building.
- noisy with both street noise and elevator noise. It's a known issue so they have earplugs on the room for you. Use them.
- right across from Marta station but the station can be scary and pretty dead on weekend mornings.
- right downtown and close to many attractions. But again, just about everything around there is closed on weekends. Many homeless people in the area.
- convenient walk to Olympic parks and actions around there, only 10 minutes walk. But I would not walk alone at night. I walked with my husband, and we were on alert on our walk. (Not scared per se, but it definitely requires you to be vigilant. Not a relaxing stroll at night.). There are some police presence.

Staff service was spotty. I didn't get the service requested through the app despite having texted with someone there and got the confirmation. Some tried to be helpful but something seemed a bit off. I was a little disappointed since there are some rave reviews on that here. But I was there during a busy weekend so may be they were stressed and overworked? After the ordeal trying to get things straightened out with them, I just let it go. I cut them a lot more slack than I normally do.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank May C
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Good Morning Mary C,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that our service was spotty and we failed to deliver the items which you requested via text and that we never got these items to you. I am going to use your feedback as training for me team in effort to prevent other from encountering similar frustrations Again, I appreciate your comments and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I am not typically a Residence Inn guest, but have been this year, and what a pleasant surprise. The one in downtown Atlanta offered me much-needed respite from the tornado-induced madness at ATL in early April and Delta Airlines' inability to place its stranded passengers. I called the hotel at 1.00 am, and unlike any other properties in the area, they said come on over. When I got there, the lovely young woman working at the front desk looked at me and promptly offered a no-charge upgrade. The room was great: very new, with a comfortable bed, lots of room, an interesting view, and plenty of quiet. I only had a few hours to sleep before getting back to the airport, but breakfast was ready early in the dining room, and the hotel manager was wandering around offering all the guests specially made smoothies. It was such a lovely touch (breakfast, btw, was much better than most hotels in this segment). The building is a renovated historic structure, and that too added to the experience. The final note was a taxi waiting outside as i checked out--called by the front desk the night before--to take me back to the airport. All in all, it's hard to imagine this hotel could have done any better--and at a remarkably affordable rate (with no advance notice). Bravo!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Randall M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Good Morning 18554travel,

Thank you for taking to the time to share your thoughts regarding your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about my team and I am happy to see that everyone took good care of you during unexpected stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thought and I trust we will see you again when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Regards,