“Awesome Place”

Ranked #70 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Mobile, Alabama
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel was wonderful. We stayed 3 nights and I couldn't have been more pleased. All of the staff was extremely nice. The valet guys are quick and get to know you quickly. The room was very clean and really nice finishes. I loved having the kitchen especially for an extended stay. The full size fridge was really nice to have that way you could easily have cold drinks available without filling an ice bucket. The area was nice and I did not feel uneasy at all. The hot breakfast was great and they even change it up a little each day so if you stay multiple time you can eat something different each morning. The free dinner with free beer and wine in the evening was an added bonus. It wasn't like something from a 5 star restaurant but more than pleasing for sure. I would stay here again on my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear AS10Mobile,
Thank you so much for taking time to submit a review of your stay with us! It's great to learn that you loved the accommodations, especially the kitchen, and found the hotel to be clean and well appointed. The valets will be excited to read that you rated their service as quick and friendly! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn Atlanta downtown for 7 nights while I was attending a conference in the area. The hotel looked unassuming from the outside, but inside was another story. Our suite was charming. It was modern, roomy and very clean. I really liked the dark wood throughout the hotel. In the lobby the ceiling is an original masterpiece! You have to see it to believe it, The breakfast area was roomy and relaxing.
The Manager, Raymond, was so friendly. He took guests on a free walking tour downtown each Tuesday evening. My husband and I really enjoyed that! All of the staff we encountered were warm and friendly. Only boo-boo was that they forgot to clean our room one morning, but the Manager on duty sent some up ASAP to change the linens and towels once we notified him that evening.
The hotel is at a good location. Lots of great resutrants in walking distance. Be careful though as there are a lot of beggars in the area.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this warm and inviting hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ABCFDC
Dear ABCFDC,
Thank you for writing a review of your week long stay with us in July! I am happy to know you found the hotel to be charming! The Tuesday complimentary walking tour has been a hit with our guests for the past three years, and I am glad you enjoyed Raymond's tour guide skills! ABCFDC, please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I took my 15 year old son to Atlanta for UFC 145. I was a little worried about which hotel to stay because of the bad areas downtown. We stayed here for 5 nights and I would have to give it a solid 9! I would have given it a 10, except room service forgot about cleaning our room a couple of times. For the price, you can not beat this hotel. Great location, great price, great staff and free breakfast..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank George I
, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear George 1,
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking time to write a review! I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay, found the hotel to be in a good location, and the staff to be friendly! I've shared your feedback about your housekeeping service with our housekeeping director since we know it is very important to prrovide consistent service, and we are committed to doing so. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you visit Atlanta!
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here 1 night, we had a studio suite. The staff was very nice and the room was very comfortable (even for 3 people). The TV had HD channels which is rare, the free breakfast was decent and the location was perfect. The sofa-bed was probably the most comfortable sofa-bed I have ever slept on and the sheets were great. The hotel is a little old but it gives it more character and the architecture is very nice.Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Cbass9,
Thank you for being and guest and taking time to submit a review of your stay! It's great to hear you enjoyed the HD stations and found the sofa bed to be comfortable! I agree the historical building the hotel resides in adds to the experience of being in downtown Hotlanta! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending a convention at the Georgia Congress Center. The staff was very friendly and the hotel location is about 15 minutes from CNN and other downtown attractions. A good selection of restaurants within walking distance but the sidewalk beggars seem to be everywhere and got to be annoying. Atlanta needs to do something about that.

The free hotel breakfast was fair and since was included in the room rate, that was a nice perk. I would recommend requesting a high floor to help with street noise. Having a microwave and frig in the room was also a nice perk. There are two computers in the lobby and the loaded software is significantly different in each. I needed to print a Word document and wasted over an hour trying to figure out a way to print it before I discovered that the other computer had word already loaded.

You can take the Marta from the airport - it will leave you about a block away from the hotel.

Overall, not bad.