“Fairly low end for a Hampton Inn”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hampton Inn Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #133 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 January 2006

If you don't travel much then I suppose I can understand why you might think this hotel is not bad. For those of us who do travel often (especially within the Hilton family) this Hampton is one of the worst (out of upwards of 100 Hampton Inns I have stayed at). To start out with the corridors are external which presents safety, climate and noise issues. The condition of the room I stayed in was sub-par. Old paint, electric recepticle covers missing, not enough recepticles, unpleasant smell for a non-smoking room, and bad carpet immediately come to mind. My sinuses would immediately get inflammed and close up whenever I was in the room which is strange since that has only happened to me in a couple of hotel rooms I have been in before. When that happens it always means that there is some sort of unhealthly air present in the room. The elevator on the side where I stayed felt _very_ unsafe when it gets to the 6th floor. They also didn't slip a folio under my door on day of checkout. I also did not get my newspaper on the first morning I stayed. I was very dissapointed with this property and I don't think it is up to Hampton Inn standards. This place is only as good as the typical obscure interstate chains are. Free breakfast, shampoos and all of that are a given just about anywhere these days so those amenities really don't count. Mangement and ownership really needs to get their act together on this property. I wouldn't be suprised if Hilton pulled the franchise on this one within a couple of years unless there are some major changes made.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank cim303
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 January 2006

I've always liked staying at Hampton Inns because they're very comfortable, quiet and clean. This is the first one I've seen that is more a "motel" style with exterior room doors. There was alot of traffic noise and apparently the walls are very thin. I was kept up until 4am with noise and music from antother room. I called security three times before the problem was taken care of. They took that night off my bill. The cleanliness of the room was good but it could have used some updating. It seemed old and for a non-smoking room it smelled. The location is very convenient and the breakfast is very good, but overall I was not impressed.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank redhead68
Reviewed 22 December 2005

Great location & not far from Downtown. Glad we didn't stay Downtown after going there. Great customer service, good breakfast, clean & tidy room & overall a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank poppy399
Reviewed 5 August 2005

This is a good place to stay. Would definately stay here again if I was in the area. Nice room, free parking, GREAT free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank ccarr3
Reviewed 25 May 2005

I stayed in this hotel for five days for APA annual meeting since 20 May,2005.I was so impressed about the convinent facilities including free high speed wireless, high quality shamppo, hair condition, coffee mechine inside room ..etc.And also I felt like at home by staff friendly attitude and efficiently servie.The location is also good (MARTA is 2 blocks away).One thing I should emphasie that the FREE breakfast buffee was also very very good (fruit,coffee, juice, scorn , muffine,bread, bagel..etc) .My conclusion :
good price, good place to stay, good location, feel like home

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business