“Here for a conference ”

Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Typical nice Marriott with lots of amenities. On the company's dime so not worried about over 200/night. Staff is friendly and everything is super clean. There isn't that much to do on a Monday-Tuesday in the area though however this is not the hotel's fault.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
David O, Hotel Manager at Atlanta Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff does their best to make sure everyone is happy and I'm glad you enjoyed them. Come back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The hotel is an amazing place. One employee was outstanding doing her job. That was Shauna, the housekeeper for our room, 1422. In addition to doing an excellent job cleaning the room, she was personable, helpful and proud of her work.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and the great comments about Shauna. She is terrific and takes great pride in her job. I will share your comments about her with everyone in the hotel. Come back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The Marriott Marquis might be the largest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is absolutely massive and has recently been updated. However, for such a large hotel it lacks any major wow factor and doesn't have the personal touches that would make it a truly marquee property. Service was frazzled because there are so many people, there is no great central restaurant/bar or any type of lobby you would want to hang out in.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I'm not sure you saw Pulse bar on the Atrium Level with th big Sail? It is a huge hang out area for everyone. Come back and give it a try I know you will love it!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my lady made our 2nd visit to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis this weekend. A few months back we had a very bad experience here, so they assured us they would take care of us and make it right this time. We were put in a suite which was great, the room was nice and clean and customer service was mostly fine. Unfortunately Saturday night when we returned we ran into their parking problems yet again (had an issue parking-wise last time among worse things). Our parking was comped by the hotel, but we were told to park in the SunTrust lot next door and they would "figure it out". Well, we still had to pay at that lot and the attendant mentioned we needed some sort of parking tag or something from the hotel to use that lot free. So we arrived late Saturday evening, very tired, and spoke with the front desk. This threw them into total confusion and they didn't know what to do. They recommended we go all the way back to the car and move it to valet and assured us there would be a spot for us even if the hotels lot is full. We pull in and are told there's absolutely no way and it's completely full. After returning to the front desk again I had to wait for the front desk agent for way too long, then for a manager who never appeared. Me and my girlfriend just wanted to go to our room and sleep but instead we got the runaround for 45 minutes to an hour while she waited outside in the car and I waited for a resolution. FINALLY after even more confusion we got our car valeted and everything after that seemed to be ok. I understand the hotel was busy, but you need to get yourselves together. The parking situation was VERY disorganized. That kind of ruined the entire experience. But like I said, minus a couple random gripes (super loud clanging A/C and smudged unclean windows with handprints all over) the room and everything else was fine. An ok effort, but with its size this hotel is in dire need of better organization.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
David O, Hotel Manager at Atlanta Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry about your parking experience with us. Parking in downtown Atlanta is limited and I'm sorry about all the hassles you had and what you were told. I hope you come back and try us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We recently spent four nights at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis which is an ENORMOUS hotel with all the plusses and minuses that come with grand scale. At check-in I was flattered with an "upgrade" to the Stay Well floor where rooms feature such gimmicky amenities as an air purifier, aromatherapy machine, circadian mood lighting, and a built-in shower infuser. Unfortunately, the Stay Well rooms have no drawers, a tiny closet with no door, nowhere to sit but a desk chair, and, curiously, no luggage rack (when I asked for one, I was told they were "all out"). There was literally nowhere to unpack. Wi-fi service is $15/day unless you've got a Marriott gold card, and there is no complimentary business center.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a Sleep Well room.