“Disappointing Afternoon”

W. H. Stiles Fish Camp
Ranked #205 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

This was my favorite seafood restaurant. After a long day at work, I decided I would visit this place to get a great meal. I work near PCM and enjoy eating there.

I approach the cashier to place my order. I reviewed the menu and settled on the shrimp po boy. I asked to replace the hoagie with a bun. I don’t care for hoagie rolls and prefer the buns. I was told that the restaurant would no longer make any modifications to the menu. No modifications! What restaurant does not make any changes to the menu. I was so disappointed!!

The cashier had no empathy and I found myself getting frustrated as I thought about what she said. I love this place but I’m not sure if I’ll visit as often or at all. Even McDonalds and Burger King allow customers to customize their orders.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Have been here many times on weekends for lunch with great experiences. On this Thursday 12:45 lunch, there were no more than 20 diners there when we approached the counter where there were two spots free, but not yet cleared. We stood there for quite a while watching the waiter come and go without any acknowledgment and no move to clear spot for us. It was like it wasn’t her job.

I finally found the young woman managing and spoke to her. She took care of seating us. As we sat down, the two people next to us left. The waiter came to take our order and did not even look at the dirty dishes. She continued to ignore them throughout our meal. Another waiter finally picked up the dishes, but the spot was never wiped down. Across the way, on the other counter, dirty dishes sat with a fly hovering and landing on them. At this point there were even fewer people to wait on, I just don’t understand this. The place was just not being run well. The food was good, but the atmosphere questionable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Stiles is in Ponce City Market and is brightly decorated. We enjoyed the space and the food. We opted for ordering at the register in the back and using more comfortable seating. Just as we were ready to order the manager stepped away to check off every item on an overloaded delivery cart that had just been rolled in. No one else helped out and no apologies were ever offered.
We opted for poboys, shrimp and oyster, and we're not disappointed! They were outstanding and came with a bag of Utz chips with crab seasoning. Not too spicy but okay.
My friend ordered a side of cole slaw. It is mayonnaise-based and was good but not spectacular. I ordered a side of braised greens that were good but with a unique flavor. We found out they are New Jersey collards that are cooked in the same water that they are soaked in before mystery spices are added. Quite pricey but enjoyable.
Those of us from the deep south grew up going to fish camos that were purveyors of friend catfish and hush puppies. Nope. Not that! Once you reorient you perspective enjoy the seafood but expect to pay more than the catfish used to cost.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We had higher hopes for a $32 lobster roll. Too much mayonnaise, but the roll was perfect.
In contrast, the oyster poor boy was dry and the bread was tough.
Coleslaw was soupy. French fries were perfect.
Go for the french fries.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

What a delightful lunch at the fun and busy seafood camp. The staff are so knowledgeable and polite especially our server Georjian (just a charm,person). Our group had 2 dozen fresh oysters, clam chowder, catch of the day, French fries, planer beers. So delicious, wish you all had been there!

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to W. H. Stiles Fish Camp? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK