“What a wonderful birthday!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
gate city va
“What a wonderful birthday!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My sister treated me to a birthday escape and wonderful it was! I arrived to my wonderful room with a tray of chocolate covered strawberries and brownies with Happy Birthday, Vikki written in chocolate...special touch! Our room was on the club level and it was sooooo worth the extra $$. Breakfast goodies, light lunch bites, light hors d'oevres and the late night desserts..yum! We also used the spa and though I am more a resort spa girl, their boutique spa was good. The treatments were excellant, though the facility was small, with cramped dressing areas and no showers. But seriously the service was above excellant!!! Everyone was extremely nice and professional. From the fresh peonies in the hallways to a meeting with the pastry chef my visit was to die for! P.S. We were across the street from the Lenox Mall!!! Thanks, Ritz

Room Tip: The Club level was wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Buckhead GA during the weekend of 4/20/2012. We had a great experience throughout the weekend. We were warmly greeted, and throughout the weekend we were always treated as if we were the top of mind. We also visited the Sunday brunch, which I must say was quite tasty. Lastly, I highly recommend the burger on their lunch menu. It rivals the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: Higher the better, also you want a south facing room so that you can view the Atlanta skyline.
Buckhead, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Buckhead, Club Level during the weekend of 4/13/2012. I enjoyed the visit, but I couldn't help but feel nostalgic for the good ole days.
Upon arrival, the absence of the phrase "Welcome to the Ritz" spoke volumes. I missed the front desk offering me the cool beverage that sat just to my left. I know... It's there for my convenience, but it's still good to hear it being offered to you. As my husband and I made our way to the room I couldn't help but to remember the time when the bellman would insist on taking my luggage to our room, placing it on the rack, opening the drapes then saying "Is there anything else I can help you with?" and he would actually call my name. I would tip him and thank him, and he would proudly reply, "My pleasure, enjoy your stay".
I decided to walk across the street to Phipps Plaza and do a little shopping. As I exited the hotel there were many bellmen in nice uniforms standing around conversing among themselves, but sadly I had to open the door myself ( now this took me aback).
Thankfully, the presentations and the service were still exemplary in the Club Lounge. Caroline from Kenya was always accommodating and friendly and she never forgot to say, "It's my pleasure". I still feel important when I'm there.
This review is not intended to be a deterrent for potential visitors, but to serve as constructive criticism for my favorite hotel in the Atlanta area. The aforementioned disappointments can easily be rectified with training that stresses the urgency of superior service which compels customers to return. Somebody needs to call a meeting!
There is, however, an atrocity that took place a few years ago in the name of saving money that will require the reallocation of funds from the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), I assume. That unthinkable, dreadful act was outfitting the rooms with, dare I say, generic toiletries.
Bring greatness back to The Ritz Carlton, Buckhead. Bring back the uncompromising service that is expected from a luxury hotel, and for goodness sakes bring back the Bulgari Au thé Blanc. It is a Fine Hotel after all.

Room Tip: The Club Level makes the stay worthwhile.
haleyville
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Got checked in and when we got to our room, we realized we only had a walk in shower. We had made reservations and we were suppose to get a suite with a large tub,by the way, the rooms are extremely small. Called down stairs and they informed us they were sold out of suites. The lady sent someone up to show us a regular room with a tub, which was not acceptable. While we were sitting there deciding what to do, I looked around and realized how dirty the room looked. The carpet, the bedding on the bed. So, I told my husband, let's just leave because we are not even getting the room we paid for. At $349 a night I expected so much more! Big disappointment!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead was a pleasant place for us to rest on a road trip. We did not even leave the building. Relaxing pool and fitness area, although people in wet swimsuits created quite a slippery hallway. You'd think they'd have some rugs covering the floor or another surface (or that people would be more considerate and use the abundant robes and towels provided!). Great restaurant (The Cafe) with fantastic live music.