“Fantastic People, Fantastic Property!”

Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Ranked #66 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic People, Fantastic Property!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

When in the Dunwoody area, this is the place to stay! The staff was unbelievably friendly - even the General Manager was incredibly warm and inviting. The shuttle staff were top notch, always available to take you anywhere for no charge within a 5 mile radius. I was traveling from out of the country, and this hotel really made me feel secure and at home. When I had to head to another location, the shuttle driver referred me to a great taxi company and arranged the whole drive for me!

The rooms were great and the apartment style really suited a longer stay! The property was very clean and well maintained. I really enjoyed the hospitality service in the evenings, where they served wine, beer, and snacks on the house for a few hours during the week! Great touch!

Would definitely recommend anyone in the area to stay here!

Room Tip: Just a tip, try to get the top floor as stairway traffic can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LadyTravel08
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Birmingham
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We went to Atlanta for my husband to take a seminar close to this hotel. We really like staying at the Staybridge suites as they have breakfast and food in the evenings during the week. This was an older hotel that has not been updated but it was very clean, the staff was great. The food was like you would expect. We were able to get a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and sitting room between which we really enjoyed all the room. I enjoyed the fitness room. They also have a pool. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kathleen, GA
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I will definitely stay here again! The room was great; large and clean. The free breakfast had something for everyone. Can't beat it. Stay here.

Room Tip: Split floor plan put us on one side of the "room" and the kids on the other. Nice touch.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My wife and I were scheduled to stay at this hotel from November 5 to November 12. We travel to Atlanta a few times a year and generally stay at another hotel in the Perimeter area. Having a new baby, we decided it made sense to stay someplace where we would have a kitchen and access to an on-site laundry. We found the Staybridge Suites rates to be very reasonable - especially with AAA and we booked for the week.

We arrived at the hotel late in the evening after driving from Asheville, NC (the Biltmore mansion is worth visiting). My wife and I carried our SUV full of luggage and our baby up two flights of stairs to room 1131. We've heard one too many stories about people who end up with bed bugs after visiting hotels and other public places, so we're a bit paranoid and decided to check the beds in the suite.

We pulled back the bedsheets on the bed we planned to sleep in and right there on top of the mattress pad was a MOVING bed bug. He was just crawling across the bed as if he was on his way to find his next victim. We immediately called the front desk and asked to be moved to a new room. My wife put the bed bug in a paper towel so we could show it to the attendant at the front desk. We then lugged our bags back down to the car and drove around to the hotel lobby. The attendant said he'd never heard about bed bugs at the hotel and had never seen one. He assigned us to a new room G-35.

We smartened up and went into room G-35 expecting not to find a bed bug. We were disappointed. We pulled back the bedsheets again and in the seams making up the patterns on the mattress, my wife found a dead bedbug. That was enough for us. At 11pm at night we ended up having to find a hotel where we could stay the night so we could have time to regroup and find a hotel to stay at for the week.

I can't speak for every room at this hotel, but in the two rooms we were assigned there was evidence of bed bugs in each. Do yourself favor and pull back the sheets and check for bed bugs - or just don't stay here. I've attached a couple of pictures we took of our first bed bug. We also have video but were unable to upload it here.

Room Tip: Check the beds for bed bugs.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank TalibFromNJ
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 December 2011

It looks like you have just driven into a small apartment complex. The rooms are GREAT! Nice living room area with a door to the bedroom and bathroom and the kitchenette area...looked just like my first apartment in college! The only difference it came with dishes...lololol. I have been traveling for some days and they also had a laundry faciltiy which was perfect! This was such a nice homey experience! Ohhhhh and they grilled hamburgers for the guests, yummmmmm. I'll be back soon!!!!!

Room Tip: It's really hidden and it took me 15 minutes to find it because I kept getting turned around. V...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Emma L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#50 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK