“Awesome Staff”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, can't say enough about how great they were. Room/hotel was very clean. Parking was a bit high I thought.... $22/day to park your own car and then you must walk a walkway that is right where cars are driving and on a curve... I was glad my husband was with me as you had to go into enclosed areas to get to the elevator/stairs that I was not comfortable with late at night returning the hotel. I understand parking is limited in the area but this still seems a bit steep when you are a guest at the hotel. Also felt that internet access should have been included in the room fee and not an extra fee... we just did without. There are several places to dine nearby within walking distance, lots of attractions to visit within walking distance. Atlanta has "ambassadors" out on the street that were helpful and friendly if you were needing directions to places... also encouraged you to avoid or use caution in certain areas which was nice to know.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thanks for the great review on the hotel and staff! We really appreicate that you stayed with us! Thanks for the feedback on the parking and the internet as well. Actually, our prices are lower than any other major downtown hotel, and we provide the option to self-park, which is pretty rare at large urban hotels these days. Hope to see you back again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Every aspect of my stay at the Shearton Atlanta Hotel was positive. The hotel is close to so many major attractions. The aquarium is amazing. If something is farther away a MARTA station is just a few blocks from the hotel. The room was perfectly clean and the halls quiet. I enjoyed the green option where I could decline daily maid service and in return got a $5 dollar voucher to use toward food. I reserved the room on Expedia and when I arrived I was told parking was included. A great surprise. After 2 nights and 3 days there was not ONE employee that didn't greet me with a smile even if I didn't make eye contact. I was treated courteously and made to feel welcome by the entire staff. Not once did it feel forced. A gentleman named Troy with security noticed my window was down in the parking garage. He notified the desk, they called me and he was waiting at my car until I got there. He was impressively professional and friendly, an excellent employee. Zhanna greeted me at the front desk with a beautiful smile and a genuine concern toward meeting my needs. All of the ladies had lovely smiles from the front desk to the cafe & shops! Kiki was a joy to spend time with. She helped me plan a trip to the ball park without having to drive. Erica and Wanda at the cafe were so friendly they made me feel like I was a regular. Their smiles brightened my day. What a stay. Thanks to all the great folks that made my stay such a treat. I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: There are rooms that overlook their amazing pool/courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank J P
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It's so nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's really special that you took the time to mention all the team members specifically. We'll give them a pat on the back as well. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Pros-HDTV in the room, large computer kiosk area. Housekeeping is fast and courteous. Rooms are smaller but well maintained. Staff was helpful.
Cons-parking garage costs $22 per night for self parking and $29 per night for valet. Parking garage is the most unorganized structure I've ever seen. The "pedistrian walkway" to the hotel from the parking garage is a painted blue line that goes right back through the garage where all the cars drive so be extra careful when you are taking your bags on the extremely long and walk from the garage to the hotel. The wireless Internet is not free. It costs an additional $12.90 for a 24 hour.
Overall, I wish I had known about the additional charges associated with staying here and I probably would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thanks very much for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. You'll find that our parking and internet costs to be lower than the other full service hotels in downtown. In fact, we are one of the only major hotels in downtown to offer discounted self-parking. We think that's a great value vs. paying for mandatory valet at our competitors. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful providing service with a smile. I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for giving us an A+ grade! Come back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here recently on a business trip, good central location in downtown near just about everything. Parking is a bit on the steep side at $22 self park but its down town so no huge surprise. The room looked fairly renovated and was your typical newly renovated room, good tv, decent bed, bathroom was good. Overall the hotel is good, its not great but serves it purpose quite well. The gym was actually very nice, the pool area was decent kind of reminded me of the old school holliday inn with the large indoor pool and hotub, it was all very clean and nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Really appreciate the nice score! It means a lot coming from such a well-traveled guest. Glad you enjoyed the hotel, hope to see you again soon.