“Pretty Good!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Good!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was a pretty good stay! The staff was excellent - very nice & helpful. The rooms were clean and just fine, even with a family of 4, although more space would be nice. The breakfast was great! The location downtown was nice too. We visited the Georgia Aquarium and could've walked, but it was easier to just drive as it was about 3-4 blocks away. But everything downtown was pretty close. Their parking garage is gated, so it was nice to know that my car was safe. We also visited Six Flags and that was not far at all - only about 15minutes away. My ONLY complaint is that the beds and pillows were not to my liking. Not soft enough for me. So my sleep wasn't the best due to those factors. Other than that, I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed here for one night and thought the stay was alright.

The good:
1. The staff at reception are very courteous and helpful. I called reception to arrange for a cab the next day. The first time I called, the lady told me she would arrange it and get back to me with the rates, but she didn't. I waited for quite a while and then called back about an hour later, and she apologized for the delay and immediately made the arrangements. Also as a plus point, they did call a reliable cab company (Yellow Cabs), whose driver arrived almost a half hour early.
2. The location is great. Very central. There are a lot of good restaurants and tourist attractions nearby (World of Coca-Cola, the Aquarium).There is also a MARTA station about 2 minutes away, which was convenient.
3. Rooms are cozy. Bedding and linen was clean.
4. The internet access was complimentary and unlimited. Didn't have any problems with the connection.

The bad:
1. Although they renovated the rooms, the carpet in my room was stained in places and had a dirty feel to it. It was slightly damp in some areas as well (I have no idea why), which made it uncomfortable to walk on barefoot.
2. The shower head is large and overhead, which I liked. The water pressure is good, but the tubs are small and the drain was slow. I say this because by the time I was finished with my shower, I was about calf-deep in water that had not drained, which again was disgusting, so I had to go back and wash my legs again.
3. I found two flies in my room. I suppose they entered in when the door was opened, and this could simply just be a disadvantage of having the rooms open to the outside (like a motel).
4. Although most reviews I have read rave about the breakfast, I didn't quite enjoy it. I was looking for a light breakfast of mostly fruit, and I was disappointed to find that they had none. All that was available was yogurt.
5. There was a considerable bit of noise throughout the evening. I heard police sirens wailing for the better part of the evening. Around 11PM I heard a number of kids screaming and playing. Around that time I also heard a number of hotel guests walk past my room, talking. The walls that face the courtyard could be thicker.

Overall I'd rate this hotel a 6.5/10. Good for those looking for a cheap hotel downtown for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Marshville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stay here for 2 nights and loved it. You could tell that this was an older hotel but had been remodeled and the rooms were nice although on the small side. It was very convenient to all of the attraction. We walked down the street and rode the underground train ( marta) to most of the attractions. The staff was veryhelpful with getting us information and helping us get to our destinations. We would def stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda L
Abilene, TX
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Want an inexpensive room near the aquarium, this is your place.
This is a motel with outdoor entrances.
My room was clean, nice. Internet service was consistent and free.
Very good (free) full breakfast. Scrambled eggs, home-fries, sausage-like patty, etc. Great breakfast hostess.
Walking distance several very good restaurants.
The curtains are sheer as mentioned below, but just look behind the sheer curtains for the solid ones you can pull shut making the room quiet and dark.
Afternoon desk service okay. Morning desk service was quite good.
The courtyard photos look good, but I didn’t see anyone use it, and I didn’t.
The elevator should have been remodeled 50 years ago. It’s scary.
The parking thing you read about is pretty bad. I showed up at 6pm and was told I had to go to the overflow lot. I don’t believe they actually have any on-site parking. It’s a block and a half away. In the dark it would be a scary walk. You have to borrow a card from the front desk to get in or out of the garage, and when you use it to get out, you must drive back to the hotel to drop off that card.
Bring ear plugs. This was what finally made this a no-go for me. Noise from the road, noise from other people walking by your room.
Again, if you can deal with the negatives, a good place to save money, but I won't stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MangaMan
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

Fell completely in love with my room as soon as walked through the door. In my experience, most hotel rooms that I've stayed in have had a musty, stale cigarette smell that hit you as soon as the door swings open, but not this one. It was a surprising fresh, scented aroma! All of the hotel staff that I interacted with we're overly friendly and greeted me each time that I entered the hotel. I was a bit surprised to find that the setup of the actual hotel is somewhat motel-ish (ie, exterior doors that lead outside), but it wasn't such a big deal.
The rooms here appear to have been updated recently, with new paint job, beautiful wallpaper and other intricacies that all made me never want to leave this room.
Another plus was the shower with an overhead shower head, wasn't expecting that!
I suppose the only downfall was the fact that parking is $15 a day and I had to park in a lot that is a block away from the hotel. Despite that, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo