“Excellent Weekend In ATL!!”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was very impressed with the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead. They have truly upgraded all of their rooms and it was a very enjoyable trip. We also were able to enjoy the wonderful concierge service on the 24th floor! We even went to the outdoor pool and it was heated and the temperature was perfect!! The best thing about this hotel is we could walk to everything else. Restaurants were all around us that stay open until 2 a.m. which was great and the AMC Movies were there as well. I am not sure if you have been to Fork Screen AMC in Buckhead, but it is one of the few places that you can actually order dinner and watch a movie! My husband and I had a blast! The food was good too! So this is a perfect way to enjoy the weekend and still take in the sights and events in the ATL. We will do it again soon.

Room Tip: I bidded on priceline and got the room for $65! It was a great deal!! If you use discount websites...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sajasmic
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are really glad that you enjoyed our wonderful hotel and that you were able to experience all the great amenities we offer as well as our great location. We hope to see you back for your next weekend break.
Grainne McClain

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here in March for a meeting at CDC...comfortable hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The courtesy car to the malls was a great service and the drivers were so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andee3
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we offer. We will make sure we let our drivers know that you enjoyed their services, we agree, they are wonderful. See you for your next conference or perhaps even sooner than that.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This was my first time to Atlanta, and I was excited to see what all the hype was about! My boyfriend and I had been driving for quite some time, after driving around for 30 minutes we got lost so I called the hotel for assistance. Normally hotels are glad to help potential customers find the location, but instead I was rudely greeted and given no direction (exact words "Its on Peachtree st. you need to come on Peachtree st."). We eventually had to stop to ask someone where the hotel was located and at 4AM there was practically no one on the street. Embarrassingly enough we had to ask a valet from the Marriott and he was more friendly than the representative from the Hyatt. Upon finally making it to the hotel I was greeted by the same individual on the phone, in person she was even worse. I asked her about the rooms and explained my experience at another hotel and her exact words were, "well the Hyatt is a tremendous step up, and is a major upgrade from that". I do not know what her issues were, but it reflected my thoughts on the hotel my entire stay there. In addition, the fees are a bit much (internet, parking, bottled water in your room $4.00). That being said the hotel did have wonderful qualities like a wonderful view, great bed, excellent maid service, and great location the only thing that needed improvement was the staff member that I came into contact with and the ridiculous fees.

Room Tip: Since you have to pay for parking anyways, you might as well do valet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank irenamae
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Firstly we are very sorry that the staff member you encountered left you with a less than positive experience. We assure you that this is not typical and we will take action based on your comments. We are glad that the rest of your stay went very smoothly and that your enjoyed your room and the wonderful amenities we offered. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and 2 youngest kids spent one night on Easter weekend. We had a super time and I really enjoy the area around the hotel. There are fantastic places to eat near buy - or simple places like Jack's New York Deli! I also felt very safe and secure in the area. The staff is fantastic - I spoke with a young guy who had just moved from Belgium, he was very pleasant and interesting to speak with. Not inexpensive - but certainly worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AcworthJack
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Sadly, there is very little to find fault with. Even the extortionate internet fees (a pet peeve which would normally knock hotels down one rating) are countered by an amazingly professional staff & wonderful building.

One suggestion -- utilize the concierge. You're paying for it, after all. Every suggestion made by the concierge was perfect -- from restaurants to attractions to directions. And it helps to be able to drop a name to get a better seat or faster service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SN1752
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Wow, thank you for the great comments and kind words about our wonderful staff. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We will make sure to pass on your comments to our Concierge too. We hope to welcome you back soon.