“Wonderful place, terrible staff”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wonderful place, terrible staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This was my first time to Atlanta, and I was excited to see what all the hype was about! My boyfriend and I had been driving for quite some time, after driving around for 30 minutes we got lost so I called the hotel for assistance. Normally hotels are glad to help potential customers find the location, but instead I was rudely greeted and given no direction (exact words "Its on Peachtree st. you need to come on Peachtree st."). We eventually had to stop to ask someone where the hotel was located and at 4AM there was practically no one on the street. Embarrassingly enough we had to ask a valet from the Marriott and he was more friendly than the representative from the Hyatt. Upon finally making it to the hotel I was greeted by the same individual on the phone, in person she was even worse. I asked her about the rooms and explained my experience at another hotel and her exact words were, "well the Hyatt is a tremendous step up, and is a major upgrade from that". I do not know what her issues were, but it reflected my thoughts on the hotel my entire stay there. In addition, the fees are a bit much (internet, parking, bottled water in your room $4.00). That being said the hotel did have wonderful qualities like a wonderful view, great bed, excellent maid service, and great location the only thing that needed improvement was the staff member that I came into contact with and the ridiculous fees.

Room Tip: Since you have to pay for parking anyways, you might as well do valet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irenamae
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Firstly we are very sorry that the staff member you encountered left you with a less than positive experience. We assure you that this is not typical and we will take action based on your comments. We are glad that the rest of your stay went very smoothly and that your enjoyed your room and the wonderful amenities we offered. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.
Grainne McClain
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Acworth, GA
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and 2 youngest kids spent one night on Easter weekend. We had a super time and I really enjoy the area around the hotel. There are fantastic places to eat near buy - or simple places like Jack's New York Deli! I also felt very safe and secure in the area. The staff is fantastic - I spoke with a young guy who had just moved from Belgium, he was very pleasant and interesting to speak with. Not inexpensive - but certainly worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AcworthJack
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Sadly, there is very little to find fault with. Even the extortionate internet fees (a pet peeve which would normally knock hotels down one rating) are countered by an amazingly professional staff & wonderful building.

One suggestion -- utilize the concierge. You're paying for it, after all. Every suggestion made by the concierge was perfect -- from restaurants to attractions to directions. And it helps to be able to drop a name to get a better seat or faster service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SN1752
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Wow, thank you for the great comments and kind words about our wonderful staff. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We will make sure to pass on your comments to our Concierge too. We hope to welcome you back soon.
tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here a year ago on Easter weekend. Hoping to do the same this year.

Rooms are beautiful. Employees are amazing. Location excellent. Nothing but great things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Had a corner room that had a bedroom separate from a living area w/ a foldout sofa. My son slept on...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thanks for coming back, the biggest compliment we can get is repeat business. We look forward to seeing you this year at Easter.
Glendora, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful as is every Grand Hyatt I stay at. With business meetings running late, room service is my savior and this hotel had excellent food! It got there within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I'll be staying here again.

Also, if you like a night life, this hotel is practically walking distance from hot night clubs and bars!! Another plus!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place from what I could tell.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Gerrie,
We are so glad that you got to enjoy your stay with us and enjoy the incredible food Chef Thomas McKeown and his team provide. Maybe next time you will be able to to come for pleasure and enjoy all the other wonderful amenities we offer. See you soon.