“I Want to Nitpick”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nashville, Tennessee
“I Want to Nitpick”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Sadly, there is very little to find fault with. Even the extortionate internet fees (a pet peeve which would normally knock hotels down one rating) are countered by an amazingly professional staff & wonderful building.

One suggestion -- utilize the concierge. You're paying for it, after all. Every suggestion made by the concierge was perfect -- from restaurants to attractions to directions. And it helps to be able to drop a name to get a better seat or faster service.

1 Thank SN1752
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Wow, thank you for the great comments and kind words about our wonderful staff. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We will make sure to pass on your comments to our Concierge too. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Grainne McClain
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here a year ago on Easter weekend. Hoping to do the same this year.

Rooms are beautiful. Employees are amazing. Location excellent. Nothing but great things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Had a corner room that had a bedroom separate from a living area w/ a foldout sofa. My son slept on...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thanks for coming back, the biggest compliment we can get is repeat business. We look forward to seeing you this year at Easter.
Glendora, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful as is every Grand Hyatt I stay at. With business meetings running late, room service is my savior and this hotel had excellent food! It got there within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I'll be staying here again.

Also, if you like a night life, this hotel is practically walking distance from hot night clubs and bars!! Another plus!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place from what I could tell.
Gerrie,
We are so glad that you got to enjoy your stay with us and enjoy the incredible food Chef Thomas McKeown and his team provide. Maybe next time you will be able to to come for pleasure and enjoy all the other wonderful amenities we offer. See you soon.
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel employees are very helpful and nice. Great stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We agree, we have the best employees and they are what makes this hotel so wonderful. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. See you soon.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Was here in Atlanta and stayed at the Grand Hyatt on business. It was a quick trip but staying here made it very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was on the 20th floor in a very spacious accommodating room. There were two double beds, two comfortable chairs with a table, and a very workable desk. Even though the room was on the back side of the elevators, the room was quiet. Had no trouble getting some good uninterrupted sleep.The HD TV was excellent. The bathroom was also very spacious and comfortable. I loved the large fluffy bath sheet towels! I had to laugh when I saw the wall mounted telephone next to the toilet! Like I'm really going to call someone while I sit there! The room had plugs where I needed them and internet access was provided at no charge. There was a fee for internet but it was credited. When you pay that kind of price internet should be provided like soap and shampoo! The food during the all day meeting was excellent.

A couple of recommendations I have for the hotel though would be to update the information book. It would be nice if it had more information about the hotel such as where things are. Yes it had descriptions of services, such as the fitness room, but then just provided the number for the concierge desk, which no one answered. Why not include where the fitness center is! That is an easy fix. The not so easy fix is the elevators. While the elevators are very beautiful, guests have a very hard time reading the button labels. I can't tell you how many people I watched bend over and move side to side just to read the labels to make sure they press the right number. I did this too the first couple times until I memorized where my buttons were. Something to consider when you remodel.

As I move toward a more plant based diet, I did ask staff for recommendations for good restaurants that have good, healthy, meatless choices. The ones I asked did not really know. The hotel might want to update the menu book at the concierge desk to somehow include this. Something to consider. I did walk to the Lenox Square Mall and was happy to see Panera Bread, they have low fat vegetarian choices so I was able to get what I was looking for.

Overall this was a great experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and the suggestions on how we can be even better. We love to get feedback like this and will absolutley take action on these items. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back often.