Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 203
US$ 148
US$ 200
US$ 162
1,115 results
All reviewsfox theaterrooms are smallcute hotelpeachtree streetparking garagean older buildingbed was comfortablecorner roomlocation is excellentdirectly across the streetmarta stationstreet noisepiedmont parkhotel barthe general managergeorgia techbathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I was on a business trip to Atlanta, and the host booked me this hotel which is centrally located in the Midtown. If you take the MARTA train from airport, get off at the North Ave. station and if you pick the right exit you will see the hotel in less than 3 minutes. The hotel staff at the check-in counter was a bit cold, and didn't show any Southern hospitality, maybe because it annoyed him to start working in early morning?

The hotel room is clean but not spotless, there is LCD tv but I didn't use it too much. Wireless internet is fast and reliable. And their in-room dining menu seem to have a variety of choices. Overall it's good experience staying in this hotel. But every time I walked from and back to the hotel, I felt kind of being threatened in the neighborhood. The street (called Peachtree I think?) where the hotel is located is fine, because there is a FOX theather and it's quite busy with lots of people walking until very late. But on other streets nearby, you can see some either job-less persons or drug dealers. Like any other major US cities, I don't think it's a good idea to stay too close to downtown area, and you won't feel too comfortable using public transportation either.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank junglyhh
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and taking time to share your thoughts. We're glad that your overall experience was nice, but sorry to hear that you were not comfortable with the neighborhood - our guests always love the warm, southern atmosphere, and numerous local amenities and attractions. We hope that you'll stay again, should your travels lead you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

service and rooms of good standard, all clean and nicely decorated, but the tiniest of bathrooms, there wasn't even room for the box of tissues in the bathroom. Actual rooms not bad size on the smallish size, good beds and original decor
Nice restaurant /room service choices

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and taking time to share this review. We're please that you found our amenities of nice quality and comfort, and our service to be excellent. Should your travels lead you back to Atlanta, please visit us again!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the Indigo. When I read reviews of it, I pictured a unique boutique hotel that I'd remember fondly for years. It definitely is funky, decorated with fun, 1970s blues and greens, with orange and black musician pictures on the walls. It certainly is a hot spot., right across the street from the Fox Theater, in an area of restaurants and a lot going on. It's within walking distance of the park where Atlanta holds its big arts and crafts party, the Dogwood Festival, which is why we decided to stay in that area. It's a young person's area of town and a young person's hotel. If you want big-time comfort, though, you may be disappointed. Our queen-sized room was about the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Nice and clean and cheerful, but so small. The bathroom was definitely the smallest bathroom I've ever seen and I live in hotels about a third of the time. When I leaned over to sit on the toilet, I bumped my head on the sink. You could easily sit there and brush your teeth at the same time, not that you would particularly want to do that. A large, loud group of young women were staying in the hotel, apparently in connection with a wedding for one of them, so I was surprised and pleased that we didn't hear a lot of excessive partying through the rather thin walls at night. It wouldn't have mattered, though, because we were adjacent to the elevator works, which caused an annoying series of loud clunks every few minutes almost all night long. The guys running the hotel are super pleasant and they'll go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we're glad you enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. We also pleased that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating - so, hopefully you did not hesitate to call on them to assist with any inconveniences (noise or otherwise). With our close proximity to Piedmont Park, and the numerous events they host throughout the year, we hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I come to ATL several times a year for work and this hotel is now my 1st choice for staying in Atlanta. Love the unique glam beach ambiance at the hotel. Makes you feel like you are not coming back to a typical boring hotel at the end a work-day. The restaurant serves one of my favorite dishes: a vegetable panini that is delicious with a side of fruit. Yes the bathrooms are small - so just expect it and move past it. It is an old hotel and we all used to be smalller and care less about needing an excessive amount of space back in the day. How much time do you spend in the bathroom anyways? There is a mirror and vanity table outside the bathroom for those who need more space and time in front of a mirror. I love the Aveda products the hotel provides. The rooms have always been clean on my stays. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. I love the location of this hotel most of all - midtown is a fun area and I regularly walk north up Peachtree to Piedmont park on my visits. There is an italian restaurant kiddy-corner to the hotel (Baraonda) that is great if you want to venture out close to the hotel. If you want to go a bit further, there is a fantasic pizza place called Antico Pizza on Hemphill Ave, less than 10 minutes drive from the hotel that serves authentic italian pizza in a low key setting. Unfortunately, once I was stuck in the parking garage trying to leave on the last day of one visit because the key card was shut off early, which was frustrating, so I now always check with the front desk before I leave on my check-out day to ensure my card is still working.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We are very pleased to have you as a repeat guest, and thank you for this thoughtful review. Our prime location in the heart of midtown Atlanta makes us the perfect place to stay for business and pleasure - as the numerous restaurants, entertainment venues, and recreational hot-spots are only minutes away. As you know, our staff is very friendly and eager to assist, so don't hesitate to call on us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I don't have much to add to previous posters, but our room was as expected-- small, clean, but nice enough. The hotel is nicely located in Midtown, a short walk to the North Avenue MARTA stop. The reception area and bar staff was fabulously friendly. We asked for recommendations from everyone, as well as directions and tips on using the MARTA (which we thought was great!).

The bar is cute - the food is good (we just shared some appetizers/snacks) and the drinks are reasonable, with a good selection. The decor for the whole hotel is very modern and bright.

The bathrooms are, indeed, tiny, but it all reminded me of a New York City hotel and was very efficient in use of space. We didn't come here to sit in our hotel, so we didn't mind the coziness.

The fitness room was small, as well, but had two treadmills, a weight machine, an elliptical and bike. It was clean and empty when we used it.

The reception area has free water bottles, the hotel has free WiFi and there was an ice machine just next to our room's door.

Parking is expensive - $25/day, but you have in and out priveleges. We probably didn't need a car, in retrospect, since we mainly stayed in the midtown and downtown areas of Atlanta. We walked a lot while in Atlanta, and we thoroughly enjoyed our location and thought the hotel was nice and exactly what we needed for our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, if you want one, and ask the front desk for WiFi password upon check-in.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest! All of the great amenities of our hotel and the neighborhood are what makes us a GREAT place to stay. Being that we are constrained on space, given our boutique branding, we have made thoughtful efforts to ensure no details or amenities are sacrificed. Thank you for taking the time to share this insightful review. When your travels lead you back to Atlanta, we welcome you to stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown.