“Great location, funky, a young-person's hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Atlanta

Hotel Indigo Atlanta
Ranked #52 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Great location, funky, a young-person's hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the Indigo. When I read reviews of it, I pictured a unique boutique hotel that I'd remember fondly for years. It definitely is funky, decorated with fun, 1970s blues and greens, with orange and black musician pictures on the walls. It certainly is a hot spot., right across the street from the Fox Theater, in an area of restaurants and a lot going on. It's within walking distance of the park where Atlanta holds its big arts and crafts party, the Dogwood Festival, which is why we decided to stay in that area. It's a young person's area of town and a young person's hotel. If you want big-time comfort, though, you may be disappointed. Our queen-sized room was about the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Nice and clean and cheerful, but so small. The bathroom was definitely the smallest bathroom I've ever seen and I live in hotels about a third of the time. When I leaned over to sit on the toilet, I bumped my head on the sink. You could easily sit there and brush your teeth at the same time, not that you would particularly want to do that. A large, loud group of young women were staying in the hotel, apparently in connection with a wedding for one of them, so I was surprised and pleased that we didn't hear a lot of excessive partying through the rather thin walls at night. It wouldn't have mattered, though, because we were adjacent to the elevator works, which caused an annoying series of loud clunks every few minutes almost all night long. The guys running the hotel are super pleasant and they'll go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and we're glad you enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. We also pleased that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating - so, hopefully you did not hesitate to call on them to assist with any inconveniences (noise or otherwise). With our close proximity to Piedmont Park, and the numerous events they host throughout the year, we hope you'll stay with us again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I come to ATL several times a year for work and this hotel is now my 1st choice for staying in Atlanta. Love the unique glam beach ambiance at the hotel. Makes you feel like you are not coming back to a typical boring hotel at the end a work-day. The restaurant serves one of my favorite dishes: a vegetable panini that is delicious with a side of fruit. Yes the bathrooms are small - so just expect it and move past it. It is an old hotel and we all used to be smalller and care less about needing an excessive amount of space back in the day. How much time do you spend in the bathroom anyways? There is a mirror and vanity table outside the bathroom for those who need more space and time in front of a mirror. I love the Aveda products the hotel provides. The rooms have always been clean on my stays. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. I love the location of this hotel most of all - midtown is a fun area and I regularly walk north up Peachtree to Piedmont park on my visits. There is an italian restaurant kiddy-corner to the hotel (Baraonda) that is great if you want to venture out close to the hotel. If you want to go a bit further, there is a fantasic pizza place called Antico Pizza on Hemphill Ave, less than 10 minutes drive from the hotel that serves authentic italian pizza in a low key setting. Unfortunately, once I was stuck in the parking garage trying to leave on the last day of one visit because the key card was shut off early, which was frustrating, so I now always check with the front desk before I leave on my check-out day to ensure my card is still working.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are very pleased to have you as a repeat guest, and thank you for this thoughtful review. Our prime location in the heart of midtown Atlanta makes us the perfect place to stay for business and pleasure - as the numerous restaurants, entertainment venues, and recreational hot-spots are only minutes away. As you know, our staff is very friendly and eager to assist, so don't hesitate to call on us. We hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I don't have much to add to previous posters, but our room was as expected-- small, clean, but nice enough. The hotel is nicely located in Midtown, a short walk to the North Avenue MARTA stop. The reception area and bar staff was fabulously friendly. We asked for recommendations from everyone, as well as directions and tips on using the MARTA (which we thought was great!).

The bar is cute - the food is good (we just shared some appetizers/snacks) and the drinks are reasonable, with a good selection. The decor for the whole hotel is very modern and bright.

The bathrooms are, indeed, tiny, but it all reminded me of a New York City hotel and was very efficient in use of space. We didn't come here to sit in our hotel, so we didn't mind the coziness.

The fitness room was small, as well, but had two treadmills, a weight machine, an elliptical and bike. It was clean and empty when we used it.

The reception area has free water bottles, the hotel has free WiFi and there was an ice machine just next to our room's door.

Parking is expensive - $25/day, but you have in and out priveleges. We probably didn't need a car, in retrospect, since we mainly stayed in the midtown and downtown areas of Atlanta. We walked a lot while in Atlanta, and we thoroughly enjoyed our location and thought the hotel was nice and exactly what we needed for our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, if you want one, and ask the front desk for WiFi password upon check-in.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest! All of the great amenities of our hotel and the neighborhood are what makes us a GREAT place to stay. Being that we are constrained on space, given our boutique branding, we have made thoughtful efforts to ensure no details or amenities are sacrificed. Thank you for taking the time to share this insightful review. When your travels lead you back to Atlanta, we welcome you to stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown.
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First - I do wanted to say I relayed most of this on my guest survey so it's not the first time the hotel is hearing it although I never received a response.

Anyways, here goes. I wish I would have done this review while it was fresh on my mind but I can't forget the experiences. I stayed here 1-2 months ago and wow was I jealous of my coworkers staying at the Ga Tech Hotel (which was full). Upon getting there I was waiting as there was only two ladies checking-in in front of me. I heard the check-in guy ask about Priority Club and the girls said they didn't have it and then he searched and found that one did -- a basic level. They got assigned on the second to top floor as the top was being renovated. Now my turn (as a platinum club member) I was advised no King rooms were available and if I could wait or take a two double beds. (just saw someone go up to their King room) I advised I'd just wait as I'd prefer the King. After searching a few minutes he did accomodate me and found one on the floor third from the top. No problem, so I went to the room and now for that... this was the smallest room I had ever seen. I could sit on the toilet and wash my hands at the same time. Seriously? Make two rooms into one and you'd have a standard sized room. Sleeping: I'm a deep sleeper but the banging of the headboard in the surrounding room woke me up at 2am. I decide to get something to drink because I'm so thirsty. I look around the room, there's no free water or water to even buy. Okay, so I go out to where the ice machine is... nope no machine. I go up a floor, nope, down a floor, nope. Finally just drink some water out of the sink. Restaurant: Food was actually pretty good I thought although they didn't have some things on the menu. There is only a bar, no tables. The bartender wasn't overly friendly or social but that wasn't necessary for me anyways as service was acceptable. Lastly, after a long day of work on my way back in for the second night of the stay I try to pull into the parking garage and the garage key doesn't work. I have to back out and circle around to the hotel to request another key. The same guy at check-in didn't seem real surprised or apologetic. Now once I got parked and headed up to the room my room key didn't work either so I had to go back down to front desk and get a new room key. I came to the conclusion I was inadvertently checked out of the system... again no apologies. The best part of the experience was check out as I was able to leave and never come back.

Room Tip: I was told by my coworkers the double queens were larger but still the same sized bathrooms. Stayed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We offer our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced. For our valued Priority Club Platinum members (such as yourself), we make every effort to accommodate with room upgrades; however, during our room renovations, logistics are a bit more complex, in an effort not to place guest in areas being worked on. Our friendly Front Desk staff is available 24-hours a day, and ready and willing to assist with your needs (i.e. ice/vending machines, snacks, in-room amenities, etc.), and they can be reached quickly by dialing zero from your guest room (or guest house phones located on each floor). Also, there is signage on each guest floor to help direct you. Knowing that a peaceful night’s sleep is always welcomed, please do not hesitate to again contact our Front Desk staff, who will gladly address and remedy any disruptions. We value you as a Priority Club member, and as our guest, and again offer our apologies for anything other than a GREAT stay with us.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at the Indigo just for 1 night and loved our stay.We picked the hotel for its location and pet friendliness . We were traveling with our 2 dogs and could not have been happier with the room. They had 2 dog beds,water bowls and dog treats waiting for us upon arrival. The rooms are fairly small(very european style),but very clean and uniquely decorated. We had a very comfy king size bed and got a great nights rest.The bathroom was small ,but very clean and how much room do you really need to take a shower and brush your teeth ? We would definitely stay again!
Note to pet owners:
There is a small area to walk your dog in the back of the hotel(they even supply poop bags).

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ssislandpetra
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We're glad that you and your pooches had a great stay! We pride ourselves on our pet friendly accomodations, and we make every effort to ensure they are tended to, just as we do our guests. Should your travels lead you (and the dogs) back to Atlanta, please visit us again...you're ALL welcomed!