“Worst Indigo stay to date... not what I was expecting.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Atlanta

Hotel Indigo Atlanta
Ranked #52 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Worst Indigo stay to date... not what I was expecting.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First - I do wanted to say I relayed most of this on my guest survey so it's not the first time the hotel is hearing it although I never received a response.

Anyways, here goes. I wish I would have done this review while it was fresh on my mind but I can't forget the experiences. I stayed here 1-2 months ago and wow was I jealous of my coworkers staying at the Ga Tech Hotel (which was full). Upon getting there I was waiting as there was only two ladies checking-in in front of me. I heard the check-in guy ask about Priority Club and the girls said they didn't have it and then he searched and found that one did -- a basic level. They got assigned on the second to top floor as the top was being renovated. Now my turn (as a platinum club member) I was advised no King rooms were available and if I could wait or take a two double beds. (just saw someone go up to their King room) I advised I'd just wait as I'd prefer the King. After searching a few minutes he did accomodate me and found one on the floor third from the top. No problem, so I went to the room and now for that... this was the smallest room I had ever seen. I could sit on the toilet and wash my hands at the same time. Seriously? Make two rooms into one and you'd have a standard sized room. Sleeping: I'm a deep sleeper but the banging of the headboard in the surrounding room woke me up at 2am. I decide to get something to drink because I'm so thirsty. I look around the room, there's no free water or water to even buy. Okay, so I go out to where the ice machine is... nope no machine. I go up a floor, nope, down a floor, nope. Finally just drink some water out of the sink. Restaurant: Food was actually pretty good I thought although they didn't have some things on the menu. There is only a bar, no tables. The bartender wasn't overly friendly or social but that wasn't necessary for me anyways as service was acceptable. Lastly, after a long day of work on my way back in for the second night of the stay I try to pull into the parking garage and the garage key doesn't work. I have to back out and circle around to the hotel to request another key. The same guy at check-in didn't seem real surprised or apologetic. Now once I got parked and headed up to the room my room key didn't work either so I had to go back down to front desk and get a new room key. I came to the conclusion I was inadvertently checked out of the system... again no apologies. The best part of the experience was check out as I was able to leave and never come back.

Room Tip: I was told by my coworkers the double queens were larger but still the same sized bathrooms. Stayed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We offer our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced. For our valued Priority Club Platinum members (such as yourself), we make every effort to accommodate with room upgrades; however, during our room renovations, logistics are a bit more complex, in an effort not to place guest in areas being worked on. Our friendly Front Desk staff is available 24-hours a day, and ready and willing to assist with your needs (i.e. ice/vending machines, snacks, in-room amenities, etc.), and they can be reached quickly by dialing zero from your guest room (or guest house phones located on each floor). Also, there is signage on each guest floor to help direct you. Knowing that a peaceful night’s sleep is always welcomed, please do not hesitate to again contact our Front Desk staff, who will gladly address and remedy any disruptions. We value you as a Priority Club member, and as our guest, and again offer our apologies for anything other than a GREAT stay with us.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at the Indigo just for 1 night and loved our stay.We picked the hotel for its location and pet friendliness . We were traveling with our 2 dogs and could not have been happier with the room. They had 2 dog beds,water bowls and dog treats waiting for us upon arrival. The rooms are fairly small(very european style),but very clean and uniquely decorated. We had a very comfy king size bed and got a great nights rest.The bathroom was small ,but very clean and how much room do you really need to take a shower and brush your teeth ? We would definitely stay again!
Note to pet owners:
There is a small area to walk your dog in the back of the hotel(they even supply poop bags).

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ssislandpetra
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We're glad that you and your pooches had a great stay! We pride ourselves on our pet friendly accomodations, and we make every effort to ensure they are tended to, just as we do our guests. Should your travels lead you (and the dogs) back to Atlanta, please visit us again...you're ALL welcomed!
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

If you enjoy small, European style hotels, you will love this place. The lobby is decorated with beautiful-yet-cool retro furniture. Very nice vibe. The location is fabulous - across from the Fox, in Midtown Atlanta, near numerous places to eat. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, the beds are very supportive & comfy, linens crisp and smooth. As others have pointed out, the rooms and bathrooms are small. I had a room with 2 double beds - plenty of room. The bathroom is small. I am petite, so it posed no problems for me. Americans are too used to "biggy" sized everything. The shower is good sized with nice tiles, the mirror is fine, and there were lots of towels. No, two people cannot fit in the bathroom at the same time. Not a problem for me. Room was quiet, I got a great night's sleep, and recommend it heartily.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
We are very pleased to have had you as our guest, and are most appreciative of this great review! Our newly renovated lobby and bistro decor are inspired by the Fox Theatre, and brings to life the vibrance of our neighborhood. Our amenities and attention to detail are all with you (our guests) in mind, and intended to maximize a wonderful guest experience. Our guest room renovations are underway, and slated for completion early Summer 2012, so please visit us again soon, to see these enhancements.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is in a great location on Peachtree Street. Very comfortable beds and linens. It is an old building so the bathroom was real small. Indigo Hotel overcomes size with awesome pricing and great sevice. I will return and certainly recommend this hotel as a great place to spend an evening.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this kind review. We’re glad that you found an appreciation for the essence of Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown: it’s unique, cozy, friendly, and a local "gem" in the neighborhood. Thank you for sharing us with your family and friends, and we welcome you back anytime!
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We just checked into this hotel tonight 04-06-2012 and nothing really has gone the way it was told to us that it was. We got here today at about 3pm, and asked if it was too early to check in and they said oh no, they had plenty of rooms.....well last night i call this hotel to just verify everything......i told them i needed a room with a refrigerator and the k-9 package and i was told that wouldn't be an issue. He assured me everything was documented in my reservation and I was good to check in the following day. When i arrived at the hotel, the lobby was beautiful so I was quite excited. Well that soon diminished when we arrived to our room. I am in the army and I am used to having the bare essentials, but when I am told I am paying for a service and not receiving it, it frustrates me. We reached the hallway of our floor, and it was like a sauna. The rooms were even worse. Well the rooms were really small, our "wood-flooring" if thats what you would call it, had severe water damage, there was no dog beds, or a fridge. So I go back to the front desk and addressed the issue, and it seemed to just be inconvenient to the gentleman at the front desk. So i never go my dog beds, i actually turned the service down due to i didn't want to take his attention away from his desk job, even though i was the only one in the lobby besides the bartender, who which by the way, was the best part of our stay. Very knowledgeable about the area and recommended us great food places. Anyway, the hot water takes forever to reach the showers, and we were on one of the low floors, and we got a "fox theatre" room view, and there was no view.

Just some FYI's for anyone who books here.

1.) If you have pets, you will be stuck on the third floor! No Exceptions!
2.)Fox theatre view is not guaranteed
3.)If you call the night before, and you tell them you are gold or platinum member for priority club and you would like and upgrade. They will tell you they have them.....but they don't. They will tell you anything you want to know to get you to stay here.
4.)There is NO POOL!
5.)If any of you have ever been on a motorcycle? You have more room in the saddle bags of a motorcycle then you will in the bathrooms at this hotel.

And the biggest one yet 6.) This hotel used to be a Days Inn and you can still tell. All they did was put some new carpet down, cheap laminate flooring, and paint some walls blue, add some metro furniture and call it a new hotel.

Don't let me stay discourage you from staying here, but unfortunately, we turned our two night stay here into a one night, and I walked to the neighboring hotel and told them what was going on, and they gave me a suite for the same price I paid here. And it is such a beautiful old hotel with great smiles on employees, and a friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Only one type of room to chose from here. Don't let them charge you more, or think your getting...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JD M
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
We offer our sincerest apologies that your expectations were not met. While we do recognize the constraints of our square footage (given the historical nature of our architecture), we have made great efforts to maximize our floor plans with all the amenities our guests have come to know and love. In fact, our guest rooms are currently being renovated, and slated for completion early summer 2012. However, we do encourage all of our guests to immediately reach out to our friendly staff about any issues they may encounter (with service or the amenities), as our number one priority is YOU (our guests), and we want to make your stay most enjoyable. We are proud to be pet-friendly, and welcome our guests who travel with their pets; consequently, for the convenience of all guests, we have designated a special pet-friendly floor. For all Priority Club members we offer added bonuses / upgrades, in accordance to IHG brand standards, and your respective membership level. We thank you for staying with us, and again, our apologies for any inconvenience.