“Nice Experience”

Ranked #16 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dayton, TN
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to my meetings. It seems to be a very old building which adds to the charm but it also comes with things that old buildings bring...creaking floors, smaller bathrooms etc...My room was on the top floor and took up two levels which was a first for me. Everything was just as described and the patio area looked great but I didn't get to enjoy it.

The location is within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants which I took full advantage of in the evenings. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for your review of the Artmore! The rooms on the 3rd floor are fantastic with have two stories and the sky lights on the ceiling. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jeff McLaughlin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2012

You can't beat this place for what you pay. It's clean and safe, with a nice courtyard and bar. It's not overly fancy, but is adequate and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have had a great experience with this hotel. Although small, it affords more than most hotels in the midtown area can for the price in amenities as well as customer service. Each room is unique. Seemingly a restored deco condos with mini kitchens (NOT kitchenettes) and a beautiful courtyard that is a great escape from the city in good weather. Live music and events in the courtyard on Friday nights, a nice bar and great breakfast buffet. The parking is a little tough, but the valets will assist at a very reasonable price.
Staff is oh, so helpful. I wish there was a similar hotel in every town I visit!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Thank you so much for the great review about the property. I hope that we might be able to serve you again soon.

Jeff
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Artmore Hotel in Midtown Atlanta. We stayed at the Artmore for three nights, and our “home away from home” exceeded our expectations. The purpose of our trip was to see our daughter graduate from John Marshall’s law school. The hotel was convenient to the school and our daughter’s apartment in the Brookwood Valley area of the city. We preferred to take taxis around the city, and the hotel staff graciously made these arrangements for us.

The Artmore is a beautifully appointed, pet friendly, boutique property--a real plus since we travel with our Labrador. In the past, the pet-friendly properties we have stayed in have had disappointing rooms with few amenities. This was not the case at the Artmore.

Upon arrival, we were delighted by the curb appeal of the facility. An open-air atrium, beautifully landscaped, welcomed us. After hours of driving, the atrium was an unexpected surprise. Its centerpiece was a lovely fountain, which doubled as a fire-pit at night. Comfortable seating--couches, chairs, and chaise lounges—line the perimeter of the courtyard. Four crepe myrtles provided ample shade—a welcome oasis.

A friendly valet greeted us, then unloaded our vehicle, parked our car, and led us to the registration desk. The desk clerk was patient, professional, and our check-in was seamless. Our room was lovely, spacious, well appointed and clean.

On the first day, I was sitting in the courtyard, and struck up a conversation with Jeff McLaughlin, the General Manager. He was extremely kind, very visible, and spoke to us daily, even called our Lab by name! At this point I must confess that I am a veteran of the hotel industry with three decades of service. I have worked for General Managers of all types, good and bad, and Mr. McLaughlin impressed me greatly with his daily public presence, and the fact that the card he handed me had his cell number printed on it. It has been my experience over the years that quite a few managers hide in their offices, letting their underlings greet the public, only meeting guests when a situation requires a “higher authority.” This was clearly not the case at the Artmore. While our stay was not perfect, it came mighty close. In fact, I would give it four and a half stars out of five, and from what I know from experience of the hotel industry, that is a home run. When I return to Midtown Atlanta, I will book my stay at the Artmore. We had a wonderful experience, in a beautiful setting with attentive service at a reasonable price—and our dog was welcome. We couldn’t have asked for more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan B
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

A great hotel in a lovely setting almost in the middle of downtown Atlanta. Everyone should stay there once and i will be back. Great location almost across street from High Art Museum and MARTA light rail station. Very friendly staff and great service. The courtyard is a special, special place to relax, read, have a drink of whatever you like, etc. Tip - they have Keurig coffee makers in room but coffee is $2 a k-cup so bring k-cups with you.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on you fantastic stay at the Artmore! I really appreciate your feedback and will share it with the Staff.

Jeff