“Here is the Update on the Artmore”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“Here is the Update on the Artmore”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Wasn't sure how to update my first review of the Artmore, so I'm using the review format unless told otherwise.

The original review: Decent Bed, Ruined Pants and Poor Customer Service
Where I left the story: I had recovered the base cost of the pants (after 13 phone calls as well as the original 4 in-person conversations!); 3 months later- I did not think I would ever see the cost of the shipping and tailoring reimbursed...

In the end Michael Halpner, General Manager at the Artmore made sure I was reimbursed after reading my review. It would have been better if it was done quickly and without me having to contact them a million times, but I guess Trip Advisor helped me identify the right person! I just wanted to find a way of letting those of you who read my original review know that the hotel stepped up and tried to make it right in the end (even offering a free stay, which they/I never actually followed up on)... but they did put the pants issue to rest.

Thanks Michael for your help.

Room Tip: Don't have them do laundry here! Try to stay above the first floor (because of the lounge, thin...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We booked a Studio Suite through Expedia for $169.99. Arrived there, and checked in, but did not go to room imediately. Two hours later went to the room and it was a postage stamp size room with a sloped ceiling (that turned out to be a noisy staircase above us) with two double beds for our "romantic weekend". I called the front desk and was told by Arnold, the Manager, that because we booked through a third party (Expedia) it was the hotel's policy that they could downgrade us without even informing us, AND without charging us the rate of the lower room! He absolutely refused to give us the room we booked (saying it wasn't available because of a group of Japanese businessmen from Coca Cola) and wouldn't upgrade us. After arguing with him for a lengthy period of time he stated that we could just check out and he would tell Expedia to refund our money. Given that it was late we declined, and ended up staying in the double bed room at a discount. By that time we were aggravated and upset. The cheap champagne that Arnold sent up later was just too little, too late.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Laura P
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Laura P,

I would like to thank you for your review. It is critical for a small independent boutique hotel like the Artmore to get candid feedback regardless of how painful it maybe to hear or read. I need to immediately apologize for the frustration you experienced during your last visit and know that it is not a reflection of our service philosophy. I can tell you that I have personally spoken with Arnold and he feels terrible about how the situation unfolded. As you pointed out in your review the hotel was completely sold out during your stay and it left us with few options. While downgrading is a rarity, this particular weekend the hotel found itself booked to capacity and your original room type was unavailable. I am also sorry that we could not satisfy your expectation during your stay and that you didn’t like the complimentary bottle of champagne. I am certain that if you are willing to give us another chance we can show you that we are indeed committed to providing a superior guest experience. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally handle your reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to the opportunity to thank you in person someday.

Mara Miller
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Visited the Artmore in late January, and was impressed. Welcoming staff, clean and comfortable room/bed, retro decor, and a courtyard with fountain/fire pit made this stay a memorable one. Located near Atlantic Station, Atlanta Zoo, and the aquarium, I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann S
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed at the Artmore for a small business conference we were attending there, and we were totally thrilled with our experience. A few things we loved:
1) Very trendy and stylish place without overdoing it. They are clearly modern (love the decor and artwork everywhere), but they were not "trying to hard" to pull it off. It just worked.
2) The room was not huge, but it was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and again...very stylish.
The exterior architecture was awesome, and the outdoor seating area with the fire pit was perfect for evening chats we had. Another small thing was that the building used to be an older apartment complex or something of the sort, so I loved the added character that came from that (rather than typical cookie-cutter hotels)
3) It is only a very short walk from the train stop. We saved the cost of a cab ride by being able to go right from the train to the hotel.
4) The staff were WONDERFUL. They were so helpful and friendly, and we genuinely felt like they cared how our stay was.

I could go on and on, but we had a wonderful time there, and next time we visit the AtL, we are all ready planning on staying there.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, and it was totally quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at the Artmore for 3 nights and were quite impressed. The courtyard is very well done and a great hangout spot. Our room was beautifully renovated and very stylish. The staff were very professional and polite and were very accommodating. We've got no complaints about this hotel, it's professionally run and we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business