“The Best Tapas in North Atlanta”

Eclipse Di Luna Parkplace
Reserve with OpenTable
Eclipse Di Luna Parkplace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 4,263 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Eclipse di Luna is one of the best Latin/tapas restaurants in Atlanta, and certainly the best in the Sandy Springs / Dunwoody area of North Atlanta. They have a large variety of plates. Surprisingly, at least 12-15 of them are suitable for vegetarians. Their bacon wrapped sausage with dates is my favorite, but the chicken empanadas and paella are also great. The service was also attentive and excellent. Charles did a great job of keeping up with our orders and keeping the drinks full. The night we were there, they had a great band as well. I'm afraid I don't have their name, but they played a great mix of merengue, salsa, and a few bachatas and cumbias thrown in. Dancing is encouraged, and there were plenty of people enjoying it.

Overall, I really recommend Eclipse di Luna. It's not cheap tapas, but the quality, service, and ambiance are worth it for business meals, dates, and other nice gatherings.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Octopus and ceviche were the best I've had. Great salsa music. Great service. Really had a great experience at this place. I recommend it !

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I visited this establishment twice during my most recent trip. Once for lunch and once on Salsa night just before close. The latter visit dropped my rating to four starts.

When I went for lunch during the week the restaurant was virtually empty. However, the wait-staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful.

The menu is broken down into protein and non-protein tapas dishes. I would call the fare Latin American though the dishes themselves were things like steak and potatoes and ribs so maybe Latin American twists on some American fare and Latin American dishes such as paella. I had the steak, ribs, shrimp and calamari between my two visits. On the first visit the food was just about perfectly prepared. The meats paired exceptionally well with the sauces they were served with and the ribs, in particular, were tender and quite flavorful with the balsamic reduction. The calamari was fantastic and really well cooked and paired well with the dipping sauce. However you needed the dipping sauce to ensure a good salt balance as there did not seem to be any salt added to the batter they were cooked in.

All in all the food was very good and afford-ably priced.

The difference between my lunch visit and my late night visit on Salsa night was that on Salsa night I arrived about 20 mins before the kitchen closed. They worked me in, I thank them for that as they were one of just a few establishments open that late. I again ordered the steak, shrimp and ribs but this time I could tell the meal preparation had been rushed as the tenderness was not quite where it had been the first time around. I knocked a star off for this inconsistency.

That said I wished I'd arrived earlier to see a bit of the Salsa night show, live band, live dancing and a mixed nationality crowd.

If you are in the area, give this place a look given that you give them time to prepare your meal.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We shared four different tapas followed by a paella del dia. I found the four tapas better than the paella, which was good, not great: a bit too salty and not enough Spanish paprika. The glass of Spanish red wine I had was excellent. The atmosphere (fun, inviting, romantic) and service were great too. I will return to try other tapas, but will not get the paella again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Wow, what a find! First time here and came on advice of colleague. Great assortment of "light" tapas and "protein" tapas. Plus, about 4 or so types of Paella. We had octopus, cheese plate, olives/almonds, and pork belly, with a small Paella and it was more than enough for 2. Will say that the sangria was not as good as I've tasted, so had Cava instead. This visit was on a Tuesday and live music started at 730pm. Good music, but loud.