“Blessed with the perfect downtown Atlanta location”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Florida
“Blessed with the perfect downtown Atlanta location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I frankly could not wave a magic wand and create a more perfect location for this hotel than where it currently resides on Baker Street and almost adjacent to Centennial Park. I was a five-minute walk away from the Georgia World Congress convention center. I had a gorgeous view of the Centennial Park area noteworthy from the '96 Olympics. When I return with family, this would be an idea location for a stroll over to Atlanta's impressive aquarium. I even had one of my favorites restaurants, Legal Seafood of Boston, connected to my Hilton Garden hotel lobby! I immediately felt right at home.

As a longtime Hilton Honors member, the room presented no surprises to me and I found it most comfortable. I do have to point out what I think is an outstanding pool and exercise room facility. For starters, the location again is absolutely perfect - a nice outdoor pool and deck area on the 7th floor with a breezy and expansive view of Atlanta's downtown. A well equipped and maintained work-out center. A nice treat after a long business day.

I do wish that my last breakfast had been posted to my room account a little quicker. I was promised that it would be performed before I reached downstairs and checked out of my room but after waiting 10 minutes, I decided to retrieve my amended check-out receipt later on-line.

Overall, I am very impressed with this Hilton Garden property and it is definitely my #1 choice for future visits to downtown Atlanta (whether for business OR pleasure!)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear jrleonardfl,
thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It was a great pleasure serving you.
We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. I shared your great review with the team at our daily huddle. Thank you again.

Director of Hotel Operations
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Leonard the bellman started our trip off by being so accommodating. The front desk guy from South Carolina was fun and knowledgable. Rooms were nice and comfortable and the location was perfect

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ksuber25
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Ksuber25,
thank you so much for your review on our Tripadvisor page.You just made our day!!!!
I shared yoru review this morning at our daily huddle and we recognized Leonard in front of his peers. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently stayed here on a business trip for a trade show at the World Congress Center, which is only a couple blocks from the hotel. With its proximity to other key Atlanta destinations, such as Philips Arena and the Georgia Aquarium, the HGI-Atlanta Downtown is perfectly situated.

The hotel staff was remarkably attentive and friendly, and it has all of the features and amenities that the business traveler needs: 24-hour pantry, business center, etc.

However, the free WiFi was a severe disappointment. My Internet speed gauge software indicated that it was on-par with dial-up speeds, and had I not been traveling with my portable 4G hotspot, work (which includes online conferencing) would have been impossible.

Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely consider it for future visits.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear derek_traveling,
thank you for your feedback on our Tripadvisor page. It was our pleasure serving you and we appreciate that you had chosen to stay with us.I shared your kind review with the team at our daily huddles.You just made everyones day!!!!
We are looking forward to your return.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel and while I don't have a rave review of the property, I must say it suited the purpose of my trip. I was in town for 2 days for a seminar and the location was perfect for that purpose. The room itself was fine. The bed was not wonderful and I did not think the adjustable firmness to the mattress worked. The fitted sheet was actually too small for the bed and wanted to keep popping off. There were just a few minor cleanliness issues as well. I did not get good sleep, however, considering there was a police situation outside my window the first night and a rowdy guest down the hall the second night. The conference facilities were great and so was the food that the hotel provided for the meetings. Legal Sea Foods, located right by the hotel, however, was overpriced for the quality of food.

Dear SMcLafferty,
Please accept our thanks for your kind remarks and your constructive criticism on our Tripadvisor page. We are looking into and examining the issue and hope to be able to resolve the situation for other guests in the future.
I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and operations team.
Should the time come that you return to Atlanta, please contact me directly at 404-704 8042 and I will be delighted to handle your reservations personally.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This Garden Inn was well located. It was within walking distance of many attractions as well as close to many restaurants. The staff was professional and friendly. We did have a problem getting our car out of the garage. Our room keys didn't work, and we needed to get the help of an attendant. We had packed our invoice, so we had in inconvenience of having to get it to show that we had paid for parking. So just keep your invoice handy in case this happens to you. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fran0812
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear,Fran0812,
thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our tripadvisor page.
I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apology about the trouble at the parking gate.I shared your feedback with the parking garage management and we already made changes to the key process currently in place.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us,we hope to welcome you back soon.