Open today: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
New Found Venue

This place has been here a long time but I'd never been. I understand they may have remodeled... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2018
TravelSouthGA
Georgia
Great concert venue

We have been here several times for concerts, this time it was for Bad Bad Not Good. We almost... read more

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Atlanta CityPASS
103 Reviews
from US$ 82.68
More Info
All reviews standing room five points general admission front row standing area balcony area concession stand reserved seats folding chairs sound quality great concert stage venue acoustics vp tickets atl
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We paid for tickets 2 months prior to the show. When we arrived we were only able to get seats in the last row of the balcony. We could not see the stage at all. Additionally, the show was oversold and there were numerous people standing behind us looking over our shoulder. There was also a lot of conversation going on behind us which was very distracting. We were very disappointed and would not go to this theater again.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed going to a concert at Variety Playhouse. The venue was small enough that it gave off a more personal vibe.We got there about 45 minutes before the doors opened and were towards the front of the line for a Philip Phillips concert.We could have easily been in the front section that stood, but we chose to go a bit farther back so we could sit! There is also standing room on both sides with seats in the middle. Also seats up in the balcony area. The sound was good and the price for a ticket was much more reasonable than at Verizon Amphitheater or Mercedes Stadium. Parking was only $7 and located right behind the venue. It was a good experience and we would be happy to see another concert there.

2  Thank Julestwo
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We absolutely love live music, but have no interest in watching on a big screen at a mega-venue for $300/seat. Variety Playhouse has been a favorite for years - even before they completed their spot-on, complete update and renovation of the space.
Best of all, they have REAL people working there, who can help you out of a rare problem situation. I showed up early for a show to purchase tickets for a future event to save the online 'convenience fees', but was inadvertently sold tickets to the wrong event and didn't realize it until the next morning. I contacted Lisa, explained the situation, and after confirming ticket numbers, etc. she put me on the guest list for the show I wanted and delivered killer seats - much better seats than were available at my time of purchase.
Thanks for your help Lisa; see you soon I hope!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Variety Playhouse is a great medium-sized venue with good seating and good acoustics. They also have a great drink selection and some basic food choices. If you arrive early there is parking available for a fee behind Variety.

1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Variety Playhouse is an excellent place to see a bands performance. The sound is very good and a crowd capacity of 1000 to 1500 I would say. It is an old theater converted to a show place. A standing pit in front of the stage with a center Isle of seats. There is also standing room on either side of the seating area. There is also a balcony that is all seating. The standing area in front of stage is sunken so as not to interfere with the seats immediately behind it. I very nice bar is located behind seating area but you can still see the stage from there. Paid parking $7.00 when I went is directly behind the playhouse. Lots of small bars and restaurants in the immediate area. Saw a great Marillion concert!!!

1  Thank Stevecation