“Nice property -- sorry service.”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #105 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia
“Nice property -- sorry service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

It's really a very nice property in a fantastic location. The staff simply did not perform: not rude, just indifferent. No warm and fuzzies. No over and above.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear psbrad,

Thank you for submitting the review. I am happy to read that you liked the property and the location, but dissapointed to read that the service was not warm. We want to give all of our guests a great experience and I am sorry that we missed this opportunity to do this with you.
We will continue to work with the team on delivering great service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback.

John Reilly
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I arrived at The Twelve's downtown location very late and with two kids in tow to find it overbooked despite having a reservation. Although we had to drive to the Atlantic Station location, the staff made things right by comping a 2 bedroom suite stocked with complimentary goodies and apologized profusely. The suite was excellent and even my usually oblivious son commented on his comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2012
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear kpmeadows1,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE Atlantic Station Hotel. First let me apologize that we were not able to accommodate at our downtown property. I am delighted to read that our staff took the necessary steps to minimize the inconvenience to you and your family. I am also very pleased to see that you enjoyed your accommodatios at our Atlantic Station property and in particular that your son found the bed to be comfortable. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you on a future occassion.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We switched to this hotel so that we had access to a pool. The hotel lobby is nice and when we checked in the 2 ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

I thought as a "I Prefer" member, i was suppose the offered an upgraded room but i can tell you that we were given one of the worst rooms. ( i noticed other rooms as we walked by when they were being cleaned). The room we were given was small compared to others and very very dark.

I am not sure what is with this hotel company and pillows but they must of purchased the cheapest pillows around as this hotel also had very thin pillows. Later on during the day we checked in i noticed that they had thin pillows, so as we went out for dinner, i stopped by the front desk (around 5:00PM) to ask for 4 pillows to be delivered to the room. The lady at the front desk told me that is not a problem. When we returned around 7:00PM the pillows had not arrived. So i called the front desk and asked why they had not been delivered, i was informed by a gentleman at the front desk that they are out of pillows and that there was nothing they could do about it. Frustrated, I called back about 30 mins later to ask for a pillow case to be sent up so i can use it with the throw pillows from the sofa. At which time the front desk lady that i spoke to before told me that they had pillows and that she would ensure that they are sent up to me.

3 hours later the pillows arrived. This was after the gentleman working in housekeeping came back three different times as he did not understand was needed. ( he came to change the bed, he then came back to exchange the pillows with new pillow cases)

The other issue with this hotel is that more then twice we had the housekeeping staff just walk into the room without knocking (this was not even during normal hours of cleaning, this was in the evening or late in the day). I was shocked that this would happen.

Then on the 2nd to last day and for what ever reason, the housekeeper decided to take away the extra pillows (it was clear with all of our belongings in the room, that we had not checked out) When i called for the extra pillows back, i was told that they could only give me two pillows.

The only other two comments that the hotel might want to do is:
1. They have great balconies on the units - so they should put furniture on them for guests to sit on.

2. They need to have towels for the gym and the pool.

Room Tip: If you do not want a dark room do not ask for a 04 unit.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Mindful_Travels,

Thank you for sharing your comment's on your recent visit to our hotel. As always we appreciate the comments and insights of our guests. I do not know which floor you were on but the 04 rooms are typically larger as they are on the corner of the building. Our suites start at close to 700 square feet in size and the amenities in each suite are very similar. We do try to give our repeat and I-Prefer guests rooms on the corners of the building when available as they are larger, but it is possible that due to occupancy we may not have had a room on a higher floor. I am sorry to read that we did not handle your request for pillows in a timely manner-- our guests should only have to ask once for extra pillows.I have shared your comments in regards to housekeeping with our housekeeping manager. He will investigate why this happened and make every effort to ensure that this does not happen again.
Atlantic Station is a great midtown neighborhood with many amenities so I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our neighborhood's location. If I can be of assistance on a future occassion please let me know--My email is listed below.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here the weekend of March 9-12, 2012. I took the advice of other reviews and requested a 6th floor room and got it. Beautiful view of the downtown area. My room as the others had a full kitchen , computer and 2 flat screen TV's. The front desk staff was helpful in the few questions I had. The bathroom is spacious and the stand up shower - separate from the large tub is a nice touch. The safe is large enough to hold a laptop and the cabinet has plenty of drawers. A separate walk in closet is next to the bathroom and there I found a nice plush robe waiting. Safety wise: The elevator requires your room key to get to your room.
Downstairs:There is a nice bar/sitting area off the lobby and adjoining restaurant.
. Across the private street are many retail shops and at least 5 dining places. Also a full service grocery store and movie theater 2 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Room 619 overlooked the city and large patio to sit on. On one side of this room is a electrical roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear renosteve,

Thank you for submitting the great review of your stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. Glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the Atlantic Station neighborhood. Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Cornelia, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We asked ahead of time for a high floor but they were unable to accommodate us. They were apologetic, and assured us that we would like the room. We received a king suite on a corner, which boasted a very large balcony with a lovely view. The furnishings and fixtures are very modern, and the room was impeccably clean. The bed was comfortable, and the suite very spacious. The televisions are rather small and outdated, but that was our only complaint. We will definitely stay here for our future trips downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on highest floor possible
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear ThereasaR,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay at TWELVE. I am always delighted to read that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us. Our large suites and the Atlantic Station neighborhood offer our guests a great value and a very convenient walk around location. We look forward to welcoming you back and please send me a note ahead of time and we will do our best to get you on the 6th floor.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com