“Very well appointed room, at a good price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twelve Atlantic Station

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #106 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Cornelia, Georgia
“Very well appointed room, at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We asked ahead of time for a high floor but they were unable to accommodate us. They were apologetic, and assured us that we would like the room. We received a king suite on a corner, which boasted a very large balcony with a lovely view. The furnishings and fixtures are very modern, and the room was impeccably clean. The bed was comfortable, and the suite very spacious. The televisions are rather small and outdated, but that was our only complaint. We will definitely stay here for our future trips downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on highest floor possible
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear ThereasaR,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay at TWELVE. I am always delighted to read that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us. Our large suites and the Atlantic Station neighborhood offer our guests a great value and a very convenient walk around location. We look forward to welcoming you back and please send me a note ahead of time and we will do our best to get you on the 6th floor.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for the Beer and Bourbon festival in March 2012. Probably one of my favorite hotels I've been to. I paid about $140 for a deluxe room. The room was large (800SF maybe) very inviting and has a classy, modern feel to it. The beds were comfortable, but those in the double room were smaller than expected. We were pleasantly surprised by the kitchen in the room and the computer. We got a nice city view balcony. Keep in mind that the building is 26 stories, but the hotel is only 6.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swzi
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear swzi,

I hope that you had a great time at the Beer & Bourbon festival. I beleive that it was a great success. I am delighted to read that you enjouyed your visit to TWELVE. I do hope we get to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was my second trip to this hotel so far. Karen at the Front Desk was nice and got me set up with some local restautants where I could take some friends, that wouldn't cost me an arm & a leg. I still prefer the rooms at this hotel because they are really mini apartments and just have a better feel than the standard hotel rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Hcmtiger,

Thank you for submitting a review on your recent stay at TWELVE Atlantic Station.
I will be sure to share your comments with Karen at the front desk. Overall looks like you had a great stay. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My boyfriend and I recently had our anniversary and decided to have a romantic getaway. We live in Atlanta and chose Twelve Atlantic Station and we both loved it. For a good price, you have a huge balcony, a living room, kitchen, and separate bedroom. I especially loved that the shower was detached from the bathtub. The bathtub was very big. With all these amenities, it's like, why get a small hotel room anywhere else when you can have all this?! The balcony offered a beautiful view of Atlanta. The Atlantic building blocks a bit of the view, but from our perspective it basically just split the view so there was still plenty to see on the right side and the left. I was worried about that building when reading reviews but I thought the view was amazing. We had a corner balcony which seemed much bigger and offered many different views.
Only drawback was the noise. Doors slamming and chairs moving above, but that's typical in hotels I think. The traffic noise was kinda loud since the floors only go up to 6 (because the rest are residence) We were on the 4th floor, and the road outside our bedroom was a main road so there was some traffic noise. Other than that, it was very nice to park the car, walk to dinner and walk right back up to our room. Would definitely stay there again. Beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I read from a review that corner rooms didn't have a tub, but we had a corner balcony on fourth...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Abby B,

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your anniversary at the TWELVE Hotel.
Atlantic Station is certainly very unique and a great place to spend some leisure time in a walk around community. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occassion. Do let me know when you next plan to visit.

sincerely.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

There were so many things that went wrong even before our stay at the 12 that they far outweighed anything good I would have to say about the beautiful room, the house keeping or the tasty room service.
1. We booked 2 rooms at the 12 on the last week or January for a stay from Feb 24-28th. We were on the phone with the hotel having someone walk us through the online booking process and we selected to pay once we arrived at the hotel. The money came out of the account about 3 weeks later. Then the hotel tried to say that in order to recieve the online rate they take the money out at the time of booking. However, they didn't take it out at the time of booking nor did they honor our request to pay upon arrival. They took the money when the felt good and ready.
2. Despite incident #1, we didn't cancel our reservation because we were coming to celebrate a birthday and the birthday girl wanted to stay. So, while a couple of us were driving around gathering birthday decorations we called the front desk to ask where to find the closest abc store to the hotel. It seems to me that it is an industry standard that the front desk personnel are able to assist guest who may be unfamiliar with the immediate surroundings. The woman who answered said there wasn't one. Then when I questioned that, she told me to GOOGLE IT. Wasn't she the one sitting right in front of a computer screen? How would she know if I had a smartphone or not? None the less, I felt the response was rude.
3. We celebrated the birthday dinner downstairs in the restaurant of the hotel. Besides the fact that the server seemed too easily frazzled to handle a large party, it was Larry the security guard that set the tone for the night. He asked one of our dinner guest to remove his hat. We apologized on behalf of our hat wearing friend and reminded the security guard that he hadn't been seated at the table when security originally gave the guys at our table a no hats spill. Larry, the security guard, said "if he puts it back on, I will escort him out." Why was it necessary to threaten to throw him out? Larry proceeded to roll his eyes and walk off (very professional).
4. True to his professional character, after recieving a noise complaint while we were preparing to hit the town around 10:30 Saturday night (which we admit was wrong), Larry came and gave us a warning. We immediately turned off our music and continued to gather our purses and belonging to leave and go out. 2 minutes later (assuming he never left), he knocked on the door again and told us that everyone besides the person who booked the room had to go downstairs. My problem was it was him and a male officer standing in the hallway talking to my fried, a female (because the room was in her name) and everyone else went downstairs. I stood down the hall to wait for her and ensure that layer Larry couldn't go twist what actually happened. Larry threatened to kick me out if I didn't leave the hallway, although I wasn't saying or doing anything but standing by the elevator. He also laughed at my friend while she was speaking to him, as to dismiss her comments, while he was playing with his cell phone. Unprofessional again.

To say the least, I felt harassed by Larry. He was unprofessional in his gestures, actions, speech and demeanor. He knew his words alone could get us kicked out of the hotel. He needs a course in people interaction and professionalism.

All in all, I will never stay here again and since this hotel is on my companies preferred hotel directory at my job I will be sure to have it removed. I've received better service at the Holiday Inn. Everyone there seem like the guests annoy them.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Aausti
Dear Aausti,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit to TWELVE in Atlantic Station.
We appreciate all feedback we receive and try to use it to improve our operation and service levels. We do ask our bar and restaurant patrons to remove their hats. We would certainly not want to cause offense in doing so and I will follow up with the restaurant to ensure our approach in achieving this is appropriate. When we receive a complaint from a guest about the level of noise we do have to investigate it, and if necessary ask for the noise level to be reduced. Our goal is to achieve this by simply asking for the noise level to be reduced so that all of our guests may enjoy their time at the hotel. I have shared your comments with the operations team with the objective being to approach each guest situation with the goal of satisfying our guests requests.
I have also spoke to our front office manager to gain details on your reservation and how it was handled. Again please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy a great stay with us. If you would like to discuss the review with me in person I would of course be happy to discuss this with you. Please do get in touch at your convenience.