“The worst customer service I've ever experienced in a hotel”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #114 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 27 February 2012

There were so many things that went wrong even before our stay at the 12 that they far outweighed anything good I would have to say about the beautiful room, the house keeping or the tasty room service.
1. We booked 2 rooms at the 12 on the last week or January for a stay from Feb 24-28th. We were on the phone with the hotel having someone walk us through the online booking process and we selected to pay once we arrived at the hotel. The money came out of the account about 3 weeks later. Then the hotel tried to say that in order to recieve the online rate they take the money out at the time of booking. However, they didn't take it out at the time of booking nor did they honor our request to pay upon arrival. They took the money when the felt good and ready.
2. Despite incident #1, we didn't cancel our reservation because we were coming to celebrate a birthday and the birthday girl wanted to stay. So, while a couple of us were driving around gathering birthday decorations we called the front desk to ask where to find the closest abc store to the hotel. It seems to me that it is an industry standard that the front desk personnel are able to assist guest who may be unfamiliar with the immediate surroundings. The woman who answered said there wasn't one. Then when I questioned that, she told me to GOOGLE IT. Wasn't she the one sitting right in front of a computer screen? How would she know if I had a smartphone or not? None the less, I felt the response was rude.
3. We celebrated the birthday dinner downstairs in the restaurant of the hotel. Besides the fact that the server seemed too easily frazzled to handle a large party, it was Larry the security guard that set the tone for the night. He asked one of our dinner guest to remove his hat. We apologized on behalf of our hat wearing friend and reminded the security guard that he hadn't been seated at the table when security originally gave the guys at our table a no hats spill. Larry, the security guard, said "if he puts it back on, I will escort him out." Why was it necessary to threaten to throw him out? Larry proceeded to roll his eyes and walk off (very professional).
4. True to his professional character, after recieving a noise complaint while we were preparing to hit the town around 10:30 Saturday night (which we admit was wrong), Larry came and gave us a warning. We immediately turned off our music and continued to gather our purses and belonging to leave and go out. 2 minutes later (assuming he never left), he knocked on the door again and told us that everyone besides the person who booked the room had to go downstairs. My problem was it was him and a male officer standing in the hallway talking to my fried, a female (because the room was in her name) and everyone else went downstairs. I stood down the hall to wait for her and ensure that layer Larry couldn't go twist what actually happened. Larry threatened to kick me out if I didn't leave the hallway, although I wasn't saying or doing anything but standing by the elevator. He also laughed at my friend while she was speaking to him, as to dismiss her comments, while he was playing with his cell phone. Unprofessional again.

To say the least, I felt harassed by Larry. He was unprofessional in his gestures, actions, speech and demeanor. He knew his words alone could get us kicked out of the hotel. He needs a course in people interaction and professionalism.

All in all, I will never stay here again and since this hotel is on my companies preferred hotel directory at my job I will be sure to have it removed. I've received better service at the Holiday Inn. Everyone there seem like the guests annoy them.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Aausti
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Aausti,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit to TWELVE in Atlantic Station.
We appreciate all feedback we receive and try to use it to improve our operation and service levels. We do ask our bar and restaurant patrons to remove their hats. We would certainly not want to cause offense in doing so and I will follow up with the restaurant to ensure our approach in achieving this is appropriate. When we receive a complaint from a guest about the level of noise we do have to investigate it, and if necessary ask for the noise level to be reduced. Our goal is to achieve this by simply asking for the noise level to be reduced so that all of our guests may enjoy their time at the hotel. I have shared your comments with the operations team with the objective being to approach each guest situation with the goal of satisfying our guests requests.
I have also spoke to our front office manager to gain details on your reservation and how it was handled. Again please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy a great stay with us. If you would like to discuss the review with me in person I would of course be happy to discuss this with you. Please do get in touch at your convenience.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I've stayed here three times. The first two times went very well. The third time...ouch!

Good
The rooms are actually apartments. Very well done.
Full kitchen
Bed very comfortable

Terrible
Anything on the 2nd floor... Air conditioners, motors running, noise.
Phone didn't work
Walls were getting a little beat up
Not cheap for Atlanta
The Staff at the front desk is awful. Couldn't care less if you walk out happy or not.

They knew I was a repeat customer, from a company that books 200 nights a year in the area. Still made no effort to give me a room away from the giant A/C unit. For the money they should make a little effort. After all, the place is half empty. And, I expect, will stay that way if the staff at the front desk has their way.

So it's a coin toss.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 2nd...or even the third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank km3021
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear km3021,

Thank you for submitting a review on your recent stay. It is always dissapointing to read that one of our guests have had a less than stellar stay. Our second floor suites do not have balconies and there are a/c units located at certain points of the second floor. I am sorry that we could not honor your request to be on a higher floor. February has been a particularly busy month at the hotel and depending on the date that you stayed we may not have had availability to accommodate you on a higher floor. I would be more than happy to confirm that this was indeed the case. Please contact me at your convenience so that I can get some details from you so that I may follow up. In the meantime I will share your feedback with the team. It is our goal to retain our loyal guests and we will do our very best to ensure that happens. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We decided to have a "staycation" be it that we live in Atlanta. We chose this hotel due to the past beautiful skyline view it once had and location in Atlantic Station. To our surprise that skyline view is no longer available due to huge building blocking it. But I digress, the room is very nice with a full kitchen and sadly that's the best part. The bed is sooo uncomfortable to sleep in that our arms hurt each morning we woke. The hot water only lasted ten minutes in the shower no matter when you took the shower. Housekeeping took so long to provide us with the "complimentary pots and pans" that if we had not already brought food to eat we would have ordered room service or went out to eat. The walls are so thin we could hear our neighbors phone conversation as well as there is a train that passes by frequently. Overall the stay is not worth the money. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaJoneses

Dear Dajoneses,

Thank you for submitting a review and I am sorry to read that you had an uncomfortable stay. I will share your review with the operations team and we will continue to work hard at providing our guests with a great hotel experience when they choose to stay with us. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity as I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you personally. I would also like to find out the specific suite number so that I can have the items you highlighted checked. I appreciate your comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The hotel provides easy access to all events. You only steps away from shopping stores, movies, grocery store, and resturants. Downtown attractions are only 10 mins away from the hotel. The mall is about 15mins away by car. The bus is right outside your hotel if you don't have a car. The hotel is clean and makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Thank you for the great review. We hope to welcome you back soon.