There were so many things that went wrong even before our stay at the 12 that they far outweighed anything good I would have to say about the beautiful room, the house keeping or the tasty room service.
1. We booked 2 rooms at the 12 on the last week or January for a stay from Feb 24-28th. We were on the phone with the hotel having someone walk us through the online booking process and we selected to pay once we arrived at the hotel. The money came out of the account about 3 weeks later. Then the hotel tried to say that in order to recieve the online rate they take the money out at the time of booking. However, they didn't take it out at the time of booking nor did they honor our request to pay upon arrival. They took the money when the felt good and ready.
2. Despite incident #1, we didn't cancel our reservation because we were coming to celebrate a birthday and the birthday girl wanted to stay. So, while a couple of us were driving around gathering birthday decorations we called the front desk to ask where to find the closest abc store to the hotel. It seems to me that it is an industry standard that the front desk personnel are able to assist guest who may be unfamiliar with the immediate surroundings. The woman who answered said there wasn't one. Then when I questioned that, she told me to GOOGLE IT. Wasn't she the one sitting right in front of a computer screen? How would she know if I had a smartphone or not? None the less, I felt the response was rude.
3. We celebrated the birthday dinner downstairs in the restaurant of the hotel. Besides the fact that the server seemed too easily frazzled to handle a large party, it was Larry the security guard that set the tone for the night. He asked one of our dinner guest to remove his hat. We apologized on behalf of our hat wearing friend and reminded the security guard that he hadn't been seated at the table when security originally gave the guys at our table a no hats spill. Larry, the security guard, said "if he puts it back on, I will escort him out." Why was it necessary to threaten to throw him out? Larry proceeded to roll his eyes and walk off (very professional).
4. True to his professional character, after recieving a noise complaint while we were preparing to hit the town around 10:30 Saturday night (which we admit was wrong), Larry came and gave us a warning. We immediately turned off our music and continued to gather our purses and belonging to leave and go out. 2 minutes later (assuming he never left), he knocked on the door again and told us that everyone besides the person who booked the room had to go downstairs. My problem was it was him and a male officer standing in the hallway talking to my fried, a female (because the room was in her name) and everyone else went downstairs. I stood down the hall to wait for her and ensure that layer Larry couldn't go twist what actually happened. Larry threatened to kick me out if I didn't leave the hallway, although I wasn't saying or doing anything but standing by the elevator. He also laughed at my friend while she was speaking to him, as to dismiss her comments, while he was playing with his cell phone. Unprofessional again.
To say the least, I felt harassed by Larry. He was unprofessional in his gestures, actions, speech and demeanor. He knew his words alone could get us kicked out of the hotel. He needs a course in people interaction and professionalism.
All in all, I will never stay here again and since this hotel is on my companies preferred hotel directory at my job I will be sure to have it removed. I've received better service at the Holiday Inn. Everyone there seem like the guests annoy them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Twelve Atlantic Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 12 Atlantic Station
- Twelve Atlantic Station Atlanta
- Twelve Atlantic Station Hotel Atlanta