Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$ 69.99
from US$ 65.00
from US$ 51.29
23,219 results
All reviews dolphin show whale sharks sea life ocean voyager sea world big tank all ages behind the scenes food court masks exhibits beluga tickets tunnel creatures trainers cafeteria
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021

In regards to the venue, features, education and caring staff I give the highest marks! This was on my bucket list and didn't disappoint. We hope to return to experience a dive and behind scenes tour.

Cons: Giving it a 4 as there was NO Social distancing enforced in the lines entering the facility. Can only assume that they monitor how many people are entering the facility for the specific times during the ticket purchase as they didn't review it upon arrival. Guests were touching all the aquariums which blew our minds that this was even an option at this point. No social distancing possible while walking thru some of the tighter areas. We didn't see anyone disinfecting the many handles and rails during our visit.

Hats off to the wonderful staff and truly appreciate your commitment! Given that we unfortunately ended up with a positive Covid test after our vacation, we won't return until more precautions are made.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Great place to take the family if you are sight seeing in ATL...just get in and get out after/before rush hour! Make sure you remember where to park...they will charge $20 on one end of the block and $10 on the other. Check the aquarium site for parking...we only paid $12 the day we went.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

If you have a pre-purchased time specific ticket, and you parked in the aquarium garage and walked from the garage to the walkway on a weekend, you may encounter a long, long line. Go up to the lone employee keeping people out and show her you are due to enter. The Saturday we attended , we saw a huge long line of people waiting to enter. I heard people in the back of the line say, “ I have a timed ticket”. You can not see or know why the line is not moving. The employee will not let people enter if the actual time is not close to the entrance time on your ticket. But then people denied entry, just stand around waiting and congesting this walkway. If you are coming from the garage and standing in this long line at 4:00 pm on a Saturday, you need to realize what is happening. The management of the cue line needs improvement. You can’t see what the issue is, and no one directs you. Our timed ticket was for the morning so we encountered some of this line but not like the afternoon crowd!
The aquarium is loud inside probably due to the interior atrium. Surely some sound panels could help the issue.
The shark exhibit was too dark to have a conversation with the person next to you. The ocean explorer area was packed with people whether walking on the side path or the “moving” sidewalk. At some exhibits, they announce you can ask questions. But no employee announces and answers those questions to let others learn as well.
The photography stand where you can scan a barcode to see your tourist photo is near where you entered. It’s has four places to scan your barcode photo and one cashier. We went to one of the four stations and selected one $25 photo.
On the way out, we saw two other less crowded areas where you can see your photos. One place is in the gift shop and one near the exit after the gift shop. No one tells you these options or directs cue lines to these other stations when the crowds fill up the first place.
We loved our behind the scenes tour by enthusiastic guide R.
What you will sense is the dedication of the animal care staff. We want to know more about the beluga area and the whale shark tanks.
Additionally the outside security company at the aquarium who were a universal security were all very professional and kind to us for our inquiries.
You might find the visitor experience here to be not as pleasant as some other aquariums you visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Amazing aquarium with so much to see and experience. The whale sharks were incredible and I loved the beluga whales and otters! It was soooooo crowded though, so I feel like I missed a lot, but next time I will come on a week day in the off season (if there is an off season?) Over all it was an amazing experience!

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank Irisheyes_777
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

It’s a very big aquarium with so many things to see and explore. I especially enjoyed the dolphin show and the sea lion show.With Covid and social distancing, we had to book tickets online, so I was expecting to see less people at the time we visited. However, it was super super crowded , and I don’t think they even checked for the time we had on the tickets. I also feel rush because we cannot stay and enjoy the view of anything for long since there are so so many people standing behind us and wait for their turn. I hope they can do a better job of managing limited number of visitors of every exhibit so that we can maintain social distancing