“Fresh sushi flown in from Tokyo's Fish Market”
Review of Circle Sushi

Circle Sushi
Ranked #409 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This small restaurant found in a humble strip shopping center on Roswell Road is simply amazing! The fish is flown in daily from Tokyo's famous Fish Market. They have a small sushi bar and otherwise table service. In addition to sushi (long list), they have tempura, teriyaki, and other cooked foods - so it suits all palates. Everything that I've had and tasted at Circle Sushi is delicious. And the service is great.

Additionally, for fun, they have a tv on the wall showing Japanese television shows. Circle Sushi serves sake, wine and Japanese (perhaps others) beer. Very authentic and enjoyable.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I had gotten a tip on Circle Sushi from a local and could not wait to try it out - Totally worth the trip!

The atmosphere is upscale and modern very reminiscent of the young and hip vibe you find in Tokyo these days.

The sushi was some of the best I have had anywhere. Masterfully cut and dockside fresh. Now my understanding is that they get much of this flown into Atlanta from Japan every day. The reason this is important is the buyers there are just masters at picking the best fish. It was delightful.

I also had some tempura soba - the tempura was light and like biting into a cloud. The broth had a nice meaty and well cooked flavor to it. The Soba noodles a very nice buckwheat taste and they retained their "bounce"

My wife had a lovely teriyaki grilled salmon. This was a sushi grade piece of fish so lovingly prepared that it took it to a whole new level. This was master class preparation

I would not only drive out of my way to go here I would walk barefooted on hot Atlanta pavement it was that good. Five stars with no hesitation.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Friends have been telling us about Circle Sushi in north Sandy Springs. We finally tried it and are so glad we did. It is a nondescript strip center surrounded by Publix and large chain restaurants. However, once you find it, you will be glad you did.

Seating is not intimate and it is loud in the tin roofed facility. Noisy patrons can be a bit annoying as they were the night we were there. However, the food is terrific. We had a couple of high end sakes that were served in a bamboo glass. Interesting.

The sushi is fresh and nicely presented. The wait staff is attentive and efficient. And, surprise, surprise in Atlanta, it is reasonably priced, a very nice surprise.

If you want sushi and are in north Atlanta, do not miss this outstanding establishment.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

There was a bit of a wait to be seated as we came in at a busy time, should remember to go for dinner earlier here to beat the rush!

We ordered the large mixed tempura, chirashi don and double crunchy roll. We were happy to have been served the hot entrée first with miso soup as our tummies needed the heat. Unfortunately, it took a much longer time for the rest of the order to arrive. But it was truly worth the wait. Chirashi is my staple order to gauge the freshness of the restaurant's fish and theirs blew me away. There was not one bad fish! Everything was good, especially the toro. Their Japanese rice and green tea truly tasted authentic. And then I found that they order their fish from Tsukiji Market itself which is why is tasted that good! The roll was fantastic too!

After we finished our meal, while raving to our server about the meal, she did apologize again about the wait earlier and offered us dessert. I already had my eye set on coffee jelly and my husband had green tea ice cream and thoroughly enjoyed it!

We took home sashimi as it was THAT GOOD. Definitely the best fish available in Atlanta! If you take Japanese food seriously, you have to come here!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

My partner and I love this place. We go literally every week. The fish is the most fresh I have had anywhere. The Miso soup, the best. No matter what I have ever had, from sashimi to Bento boxes to Tuna and Avocado salad, I am transported by the fabulous flavor of the ingredients, wonderfully combined and prepared with wonderful service.

Been to Circle Sushi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK