“Amazing dinner! Exceeded all expectations!”
Review of Kyma

Kyma
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 4,093 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 60
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Paces Ferry Rd.
Transit: MARTA (Bus)
Description: Kyma is a contemporary seafood tavern with an inventive yet approachable menu that stays true to its Mediterranean origins. Kyma’s dazzling constellation display on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and bold fresh fish display are dramatic while the inviting patio offers an ideal setting for savoring a glass of Greek wine. Fresh, healthy food, attentive Mediterranean hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I had gone to Kyma a few times a long time ago when I lived in the area and it was always a favorite. This was back when it was new and shiny. When I had the opportunity to go to dinner there recently, even though I live pretty far away at this point, I was SO excited! Greek food is among my very favorite! My husband booked via opentable.com. We got a confirmation call the day of and I was super pleased that we got a really great table - perhaps the best table in the house! I did request, via open table, that we're not near the restrooms or server stations and was pleased that our table was awesome. The service was fairly impeccable - no complaints at all. I loved that when we were ordering wine, our server brought two samples for us to taste, even though it was only for a glass (not a bottle.) We (we came as a couple) ordered the deal where you get a variety of spreads for the table (tzatziki, eggplant + garlic, roasted red pepper + feta, caper + potato with pitas.) They also brought great bread plus amazing olive oil! We luckily didn't eat much of that because we would have gotten too full! Then, we got our choice of 4 meze (appetizers.) We got the musssels, which were incredible - they were already shelled (hallelujia! I hate wrangling my own food in a nice restaurant!) And it was in a creamy, wonderful sauce that was crazy good with the provided bread. Then, we had the the saganaki - one of my favorite Greek dishes - but this was a special topped with blood orange marmalade - delish!!! So so so good! Then, we had the lamb in a sauce - it was like lamb meatballs - OMG amazing. Best flavor! Then, we finished our meze course with the spicy lamb pie - which wasn't spicy - but the flavor, again, incredible. Truly, amazing flavor, I could have been done right there and it'd be one of the best dinners ever! For dinner, we split the artic char, which is described as very similar to salmon and to me, seemed the same as salmon It was so delicious. Prepared simply and it was just wonderful. It came with a side of sauteed kale, which I enjoyed. Other couples or groups might want to order a side dish here, but I actually love kale. For dessert, I had what I've always gotten at Kyma, the greek yogurt and honey - a combination that I was unaware of until I had visited Kyma back in the early days, and now it's a favorite that I combine at home. Overall, amazing experience! I cannot wait for another excuse to come back! The building shows some wear - it hasn't really been updated since I was there, but you can't really tell, except in the bathroom, where some TLC might be nice. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone! I also love that although I'm not a strict vegetarian, they do offer a vegan and vegetarian menu - a full menu! Not a single dish, but a full menu - that is really awesome! Thank you for an incredible dining experience!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Having to wanted to visit this restaurant for a long time, it was a natural to suggest when friends asked where I would like to go for my birthday. I knew nothing about it except from what I had seen passing it on Piedmont Road, so I investigated its Web site and studied the menu before we went and I am glad that I did because the menu is extensive and it is quite concentrated on several food groups, especially seafood.

We arrived near to its opening on a Saturday night after navigating extremely heavy traffic in the area and having great difficulty in locating the entrance. As early guests, we found a vast room with many tables as close as possible together and we were seated at the most farther in the room, coincidentally adjacent to the aisle leading to the facilities. I thought of Ruth Reichl's experiences as food critic for the New York Times and what she said about where dinner guests were placed. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant location and, soon, other guests appeared to fill in the empty room.

The staff was prompt, efficient, and helpful. My friends and I chose two of meze plates (grilled octopus, scallops with a sauce) from the four tiers of meze plates offered. The octopus was good, but a little tough; the scallops were delicious. For entrées, my friends had halibut and lobster. I had the lamb pie, shredded lamb in filo dough with yogurt. It was delicious. For dessert, my friends had the special of the night, a berry and custard concoction, and I had baklava with coffee ice cream. Most of the food was excellent.

As much as I liked the food and the service at Kyma, there was an absence of atmosphere. The restaurant is a great big room. Walking in the front door, there is a bar to the right (I don't know how big it is) and that big room to the left. Facing it, all along the wall are little lamps, ending inconclusively in a darkened area at the rear where we sat. I can't remember what was on the opposite wall---mirrors, a few lamps---something that obviously didn't stand out. There is nothing charming. I'm hardly aware that I'm in a GREEK restaurant. It is just a big place to eat good food. (And, spend a lot of money.)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This was a birthday meal with two people. We tried the tasting menu. The spreads with warm pita were a great way to start the meal. You then get to choose four mezes. The dolmades were the best that I have ever tasted. Their flavor was fresh and rich. Next, we had the roasted oysters. They were actually our least favorite part of the meal but they were still delicious. Hands down, our favorite dish was the lamb pie. It was amazing! Our last meze was the cheese and mushroom dish. It was good but extremely rich. We chose the sea bream as our entree. The fish was perfectly cooked and delicious. If you try the tasting menu, my advice is to skip lunch, because you will be full.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant. FYI- be prepared for $2 valet.
Had a lot of appetizers. Enjoyed the tatziki. The menu online here on tripadvisor is not up to date. The actual restaurant did not have the "greek fries" or taramasalata that we really wanted.
The oysters were very unique and flavorful. The lamb cheeks were divine- super tender in a flavorful tomato based sauce. The lamb pie was delicious - very meaty and flavorful. The lobster pastichio was only okay. Not quite hot but the taste was good. It had macaroni, cauliflower and bechemel sauce. Overall very good. Service was good. Of note, our waiter had another table behind us that he fawned over - lots of attention, suggestions, and free appetizers. Slightly annoying to not get similar attention. We don't need the free apps but it would have been nice to have a little more sincerity and attention.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Service was delightful. Food was very good. Ambiance was just okay. Parking was reasonably priced valet. Overall, a nice evening out.

Been to Kyma? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK