“Fantastic Greek Restaurant”
Review of Kyma

Kyma
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,262 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Paces Ferry Rd.
Transit: MARTA (Bus)
Description: Kyma is a contemporary seafood tavern with an inventive yet approachable menu that stays true to its Mediterranean origins. Kyma’s dazzling constellation display on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and bold fresh fish display are dramatic while the inviting patio offers an ideal setting for savoring a glass of Greek wine. Fresh, healthy food, attentive Mediterranean hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma.
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were looking for a different restaurant this evening. Google Map helped. It said Nice Greek restaurant. When we arrived something was different. We were welcomed by Blerta, our server from Albania. She was so friendly and passionate - we felt immediately very comfortable. We had the suggested Meze Dinner with several appetizers including the main dish, a fish. What a beautiful dinning experience.

Jennifer P, Public Relations Manager at Kyma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

We're so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us! We always want you to feel like you've been transported to Greece. Thank you for dining at Kyma!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Chose Kyma to meet my best friend, mother and husband for a long overdue dinner. Atmosphere was superb. Service absolutely outstanding. (I too work in the industry, and our visit was divine!) The ouzo shots, and Greek martinis gave us a much needed buzz, after a two hour drive through Atlanta. The lamb dissolved on my tongue, and the eggplant was everything I was hoping for. If you are looking for an authentic, pleasant experience, I would highly recommend Kyma for your next fine dining experience. Bravo!

1  Thank Josephine P

We're so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for stopping in, and please dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Went to eat at this establishment with wife and both of us fell in love with all the food. Great portions and flavorful appetizers and main course. Even had dessert something we normally don't get.

1  Thank Luis R
Jennifer P, Public Relations Manager at Kyma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

We're so pleased to hear everything was excellent! Thank you for dining with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Even though I have lived in Atlanta for over 52 years and have dined many times at all the BLRG restaurants in Atlanta but Kyma until last night when our daughter and her boyfriend took my wife and I to Kyma for dinner to celebrate our birthdays.

First the highlights...when we first arrived the bartender and the young woman (who also speaks fluent Italian) who waited on my wife and I in the bar were very nice. We had a drink and snack before dining in the main restaurant and thought that this had the feeling of a special evening...but soon we would be let down.

I had made a point to ask for a nice table but instead we were seated in the corner of the room where two of us looked out the window at parked cars...not the restaurant. Next, the server we were given either had too many tables or just could not handle the tables she had...whatever the case the service was certainly disappointing and not at all what we experienced from the young lady in the bar who waited on us originally!

As far as the food...if you enjoy appetizers and desserts you have come to the right place as these are the only reasons my wife and I would return. The Lamb Pie, the Mussels, and the Grilled Octopus were excellent...as well as the donuts, ice cream, and rice pudding! But of the four entrees only one lived up to its expectations. The Lamb Chops we ordered had to be sent back because even though they were ordered medium rare they came out originally medium well. To the restaurants credit they did remake them and this time although they were medium rare they were not the nice thick lamb chops you would normally expect at a fine restaurant...instead the 3 of them were more like lollipop lamb chops you would be served as an appetizer at a wedding reception. I myself ordered the yellow snapper and there just wasn't much to it...it wasn't bad but I have had much better fish at the Atlanta Fish Market which is difficult for me to comprehend since I was told "fish" was their specialty at Kyma! Also the Prawns my daughter ordered were over cooked and mushy...again not what we expected. Her boyfriend ordered The Fisherman Stew and he said it was very good.

After having visited the Buckhead Diner next store to it over 100 times and many times looking out the window at a Kyma I often wondered what is what like inside - I guess there was a reason that I waited so long to finally give this restaurant a try!

1  Thank Jim2344

Hello, and thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your experience did not meet our normally high standards. Please email dish@buckheadrestaurants.com with a detailed review and your contact information so our management may be in touch.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I went here for my 10 yr anniversary. The place is beautiful and staff was friendly. We had the Article Char which was delicious but took a very long time to be served. They bring out the different side dishes which were excellent but for some reason our fish took over 30min to come out after we finished our sides. I would come again with a larger crowd. It's a bit expensive.

1  Thank Jpmoves
Jennifer P, Public Relations Manager at Kyma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

We're so pleased everything was delicious! Thank you for dining with us, and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Been to Kyma? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK