“Bluebird Morning ”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Grant Park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Woke up one grey, cold November morning in Atlanta and felt a need for some comfort...and food. With none of the several breakfast options in my head speaking to me, I jumped in the car, picked up a Starbuck's and just started driving.

After a while, almost as if by Divine Intervention, that "Funky little spot on Memorial Drive" popped into my head. Not remembering the name, I drove instinctively to the location (across from Oakland Cemetery) and there it still was - Ria's Bluebird.

Not only was it still there physically, it was "still there" spiritually. The cool music, Brooklyn-esque vibe and - most notably- the great food were as good as I remember. Light-as-air pancakes, perfectly cooked eggs and bacon were all served in nice proportions at reasonable prices. Additionally, the service was excellent (although I got the impression that camping out at the counter is not encouraged. This place is VERY popular!)

It is nice to know that in this angst filled world, you can still find comfort - and good food - when you need it. Just drive to Ria's.

We queued for 45min outside
We waited another 45 min inside for the food to arrive at the table.
Its not acceptable.

On the other side, food is good especially pancakes and granola.
Definitely cheap on the bill as well, we paid 50 bucks in 4 pax...
So it comes the 4th start out of the bill

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I adventured here based on the New York Times recommendation. It is a cool very hip place. We did wait 40 minutes to sit but we were able to enjoy a nice cup of coffee outside as we waited. The biggest surprise was it took 45 minutes to get our food once we ordered. Probably why we waited so long to be seated. The pancakes with nuts and bananas were very good and the Huevos eggs were good but cold. Service was average.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Apparently long wait times for seating are normal here, so I am not factoring that into my review. However, what made this brunch experience unpleasant was the long wait time to receive the food we ordered: an hour, in fact. We watched tables around us receive, eat, and pay for their meals while we waited. Our waitress was extremely aloof and seemed to ignore us intentionally as she walked past our table multiple times. Finally we forced her to pay attention by emphatically waving her down and asking about our order. Moments later the food finally arrived, but we were all so impatient and frustrated that it was hard to enjoy. Plus, I couldn't stifle the sneaking suspicion that if our waitress had actually been vigilant all along and made sure our order was coming along, we wouldn't have had to waste away waiting.

I really wanted to like this place, especially because they have so many fantastic vegan options on their menu, and their atmosphere is quirky and fun. But, ultimately, no matter how tasty our meals were, the service left a bad taste in our mouths. I hope this restaurant sets higher standards for their waitstaff in the future.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We waited about 40 minutes but was worth the wait. I had the early bird special and the breakfast sausage was as big as a hamburger patty and very good! Pancakes were also good and a short stack of two is PLENTY as they are big and thick. Would dine here again. Three of us dined for $37, without tip.

Date of visit: August 2018