“burgers”

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Little Five Points
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The burgers and beer definitely live up to the name

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Whiners need not apply. They don't brook any nonsense at the Vortex, but they do have great burgers, with plenty of other items for anyone silly enough to not get a burger, good beer, and no stuffiness.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I saw the Vortex featured on Adam Richman's Man vs Food and we knew we had to try it. We went on a Thursday hoping it wouldn't be so crowded. Well apparently Thursday's are "Bike Night", so it was still crowded. However, with our experience there I can see how that place can be packed every day!

We put our names on the list and had about a 40 min wait ahead of us. Fortunately, we were able to snag two seats at the bar. We didn't want to eat at the bar because we wanted the experience of a table. The bartender, despite how busy they were, was very attentive. They had a HUGE bar menu featuring all different kinds of beer and great mixed drinks.

When we finally got to our table my husband knew exactly what he wanted to order the Double Bypass burger with two grilled cheese sandwiches at the bun! I also went with a burger. Our food was AMAZING!! We also had an appetizer called Kari Kari which was cream cheese and crab fiilled fried dumplings. Also amazing!

One negative. My husbands burger came with bacon and I ordered bacon on my burger. The waitress came back and said they had just run out of bacon.....Realy?!

Service was great! The overall experience was great. I can see why this place was on the Travel Channel. I would recommend this place to anyone and let them know it is worth the wait!

Oh, one more thing. Ensure you go to the Vortex in Little Five Points and not Midtown. The Little Five Points is the original!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

All of the food here is fattening and will leave you in a food coma for days. But it is a "must try" Atlanta staple. The burgers and cheese sandwiches are legendary.
You were warned.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

One of the best places in Atlanta to get a great burger...hands down!!

Been to The Vortex? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK