“Great all around”

Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place has been a favorite of ours for a while and certainly has earned a good review! The sushi and hibachi here are tops and the Chinese side is also very yummy. Great variety of choices and great service for the most part. Only downside is the parking can be a little jammed. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was an amazing treat after a long day's drive. The train car atmosphere is very charming, and the service was attentive and friendly. Our food was cooked fresh and to perfection, and we enjoyed every bite. It ended up being about the same price we would have paid "back home" in a much smaller city. The decor was elegant, and the background music made it a wonderful quiet dinner.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We took clients to Orient Express for dinner at the hibachi grill. It's a lot of fun with a group and food was good and as expected. Service was so-so. They were very attentive, but not super friendly. I felt like waiter was more of an "order taker" and not a "server". Table side chef was fun and engaging.

1  Thank Wolfsha
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The wait staff rushed us the entire time. As soon as we sat down for hibachi we were required to order within 5 minutes. She said the grill was hot. They were not friendly either.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have been both during lunch hour and later in the day and weekend when the lunch menu does not apply. I think they only offer their lunch specials Monday thru Friday and on Saturday and Sunday they only have the regular priced menu. That having been said, some might find it a little pricey on the weekends, but my husband and I usually get out of there for less than $40 w/tip--which I don't feel is too bad for good Chinese food.

I had orange chicken the last time I went and I'm not sure if they were having an "off" day or what...but I was not really impressed. The chicken was very hot and you could tell just came out of the fryer. If the sauce was better I might have enjoyed it more. That was surprising to me because on a previous visit I had the Pepper Steak and my husband had the General Tso chicken and both were very delicious!!! The spring rolls were fresh and hot. The restaurant is cool in that it is a train car converted to a dining room with an added dining room on the other side. Nice decor and very clean. I would love to visit in the warmer weather and sit in their outside area.