All reviews valet parking hearth room woodruff arts center marta station full kitchen bedroom suite high museum of art sofa bed piedmont park would definitely stay here again breakfast room within walking distance free breakfast lounge area comfortable stay per night cleaning staff
Reviewed 19 October 2006

I actually stayed here last December for a birthday weekend. I plan to stay here again this year & felt compelled to write a review! We had a standard room which comfortably fit me and 3 friends. The rooms are soooo much more nicer than what you'd normally think of hotels with fridges and such in the room. Very tasteful and jazzy, with artsy pieces on the wall. There was Christmas jazz playing in the elevator areas, which I thought was really cool. You get a discount at the bar/grill next door. The staff & drinks were wonderful!

The hotel is located 1/2 a block from the High Museum, so you can easily walk there. We had great service, the front desk helped us with directions to local sites. We spent aome time in the recreation room, which is where breakfast is served. It is set up like a large living room, very cozy. We shot many free games of pool in there, which we had all to ourselves. I guess everyone else was out sightseeing! The breakfast was immense & all you can eat.

All in all, this is a hotel I would reccomend to people of all ages. It doesn't feel family oriented nor does it feel adults only, it is just a cool little place that feels very homey for a hotel. It was quiet and is very close to things like the Fox, Coca-Cola, and such. The only attraction you can walk to is the High Museum and you'd have to drive or take MARTA to other locations. Very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Babeli
Reviewed 10 October 2006

Stayed here for 7 nights on business trip. Stayed in roomy 1 bdrm suite w/ kitchen that had full-size fridge. Hotel offers free internet access, free breakfast daily, and happy hour Mon-Thu. Location was fantastic - across the street from museum of art, walking distance to piedmont park and close to freeway and atlantic station shopping. The only downside was parking fee of $19.00/day and it's valet only.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Agent429
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I stayed here for a conference in Atlanta for six nights. The staff are beyond friendly. The room was not just comfortable, it was lovely. The bed had a feathertop mattress, the kitchen was sparkling and had all the tools I needed, and the bathroom vanity had plenty of drawers in which to stash my cosmetics. (I hate leaving all that stuff on the counter!)

Every morning there is a hot breakfast, and the food is decent and varies from day to day. Every evening they have a 2-hour "social hour" with free wine, beer and hot snacks.

The neighborhood is fairly quiet for being on a busy street- I could hear a little traffic from my 5th floor window, but it wasn't annoying. The neighborhood is nice- museums and restaurants pretty near by. There is a MARTA station about three blocks away.

Cons:
-It costs $19 per night to park a car there. Yikes! I know it's a small location and they don't have much parking space, but dang. On top of a tip for the valets, that's pricey.
-I witnessed a fistfight between a parking valet and someone who was trying to break into cars! A little unsettling, but other workers came out quickly and took care of it. So the neighborhood looks safe, but beware...
-There are no stores nearby, which makes the kitchenette a little useless. Although they are fine with you taking food from breakfast and social hour back to your room.

I'd definitely stay here again. This place was an oasis away from the bustle of the convention center. The staff went above and beyond to help me out!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
9  Thank BonzoGal
Reviewed 6 March 2006

We brought our two kids and a family friend for an Atlanta stay to see the new Georgia Aquarium and the Fernbank Museum. This hotel more than met our expectations. We reserved one of the three-room suites, giving us plenty of space for ourselves, the kids, and our friend. Everything was clean. The complimentary breakfast was more than sufficient for the entire family. And everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back again.

Make sure you go for a quick bite at The Varsity just down the road. Be warned that the Madison restaurant next to the hotel (which provides the Inn's room service) is a smoking establishment and doesn't allow children. A few blocks the other direction down Peachtree, however, you'll find numerous options for family-friendly dining.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank Departure25945
Reviewed 31 January 2006

We arrived at the hotel to check in which only one person was working at the desk. We waited about 20 minutes before we were actually waited on. As we arrived in a room I had the feeling someone was just in the room. There was a smell of incenses and a wet washcloth on the table in front of the tv. I started to look around because we were expected at a dinner party in a few hours so we began to freshen up a bit. Inspecting the bath room we found yet another wet washcloth in the shower with hair on it. By this point I called the front desk to speak with management to change rooms. We found a bottle of vodka in the freezer and condoms in the silverware drawer. I was just as appalled as the manager was when she came to do a walk through. She apologized and we were given a new room. We were late for our dinner engagement but I felt alot more comfortable in a cleanier room.

• Stayed: December 2005