All reviews valet parking hearth room woodruff arts center marta station full kitchen bedroom suite high museum of art sofa bed piedmont park would definitely stay here again breakfast room within walking distance free breakfast lounge area comfortable stay per night cleaning staff
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I expect more from Marriott Chain. This hotel is in an old historic building which gives it a great location. However it is in dire need of upgrades starting with air conditioner. I paid for an upgraded room. The room was so hot it was unbearable. We immediately close all the blinds and shades and hoped that it would cool off. We left for the afternoon and hoped for the best. When we arrived home after dinner the room was still hot and we called downstairs to the front desk. Hey send an engineer up to our room who pretended to look at the system but who actually did nothing at all. By this time it was too late to switch rooms as it was around 10:30pm. The next morning we had to put packs of ice on our foreheads. We called again downstairs and ask for a fan. The front desk said that all the fans were In use. In addition to the problem with the air-conditioning, the toiletries are old and basic. The tub and bathroom had no hooks to hang anything. No shelves. Everything was dirty including the carpet and kitchen. Would never stay here again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Hi scsod,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Atlanta Midtown area. I know and understand how frustrating it can be to not have your trip go as planned. I truly apologize for any undue stress this may have caused you while visiting. I would love to speak with you one-on-one regarding this matter so feel free to reached me at (404) 745-1000.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed at this Residence Inn during a mother daughter weekend outing in July. We were greeted by a wonderful valet who unloaded us, waited while we checked in, and then took our stuff to our room. He was so warm and welcoming, which made our first impression of the hotel a lovely one.
Overall the hotel was clean and very pleasant. We had the one bedroom suite, which was plenty of room for Mom and I. It had a large dining area, then a seating area, then the bedroom, and the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby makes it a nice start to the day. Our second day was jam packed and we did not want to spend time eating in the breakfast area. A wonderful staff member brought out two carry out containers so we can get some food to go and eat on the road.
The hotel was in a central location. It was less than 15 minutes away from the aquarium, world of Coke Cola, Centennial Park, Ponce City Market, and Piedmont Park. It's right off I-75 and made going to Braves game and Stone Mountain very convenient.
The elevator was getting some work done while we were there, but the team made sure to open up the associate elevator to the guests. The only bad thing about this hotel is the entrance way to parking isn't easy to spot. I missed it twice on the first day. But that's not their fault.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in Atlanta! Wonderful job, RI staff!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Shuyun,

We are overjoyed that you were able to enjoy your stay with us at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th. Our valet staff really does an amazing job of being that first impression you spoke of in your review. We will be sure to celebrate them for a gob well done. Also happy that you were able to encounter our friend staff through the hotel. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will come and see your friends at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter participated in a week-long summer seminar at SCAD Atlanta and this is the perfect location!
With SCAD just a ten minute walk and Midtown restauranta, coffee shops, museums and bakeries all within a few minutes' walk it was a very convenient place to stay.
MARTA station around the corner.
Staff was friendly and room was clean. They also offer free breakfast.
Will stay there again if we go back to Midtown Atlanta.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hi Nina1024,

The Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th LOVES our friends at SCAD. With the location being so close and the breakfast offerings, staff, and convenience to the Midtown experience; we look forward to hosting you and the family again real soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I stayed here over the 4th of July in a 2 Bedroom suite with my husband and mother. The setup of the room was perfect - a large dining area and full kitchen separated the 2 full bedrooms and baths. All were in perfect condition with every accessory you would need. Our check in was great with Shanae, we received a box of treats - and a great smile - which continued throughout the visit. We found the complimentary breakfast fantastic and were greeted each morning by Kim. Loved her and her cheerful personality!!! We were able to both extend our stay and get a late check out with, again, very helpful staff. I am already planning both a family and running team trip back - the hotel was fantastic and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

hi Julie B,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th for you lodging needs.

We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the two-bedroom suite that we offer. The room set up along with the dynamic team and location are reasons for more visits! We have shared your comments with the team and both Shanae and Kim thank you for the kind words but wanted you to know that the pleasure of enhancing your experience was all theirs. We look forward to your return and we will make sure you enjoy your next stay just as much as you enjoyed this one.

Until next time friend...

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Just arrived last night at 130 am and was greeted by an awesome valet who unloaded us, took our stuff to our room and was so welcoming, then I went to the desk and Derrick checked me In and again, happy to see me, then this morning I made it to breakfast 15 min. Before cut off and Kim made sure I got breakfast even after they took things away and gave me a to go box. Then Kim and her supervisor came back later to make sure we were ok and if we needed anything for our room! Talk about southern hospitality. I feel like a celebrity here as nice as everyone is, I would give this hotel 10 stars if I could. Keep up the good work everyone!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hi Coni O,

Thank you so much for the kind words about the valet, Derek, and Kim. I will be sure to pass this along to them and congratulate them on a job well done. We hope that the next trip you are in Atlanta you will stop back by the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th for more of our Southern Hospitality!