All reviewsvalet parkinghearth roomwoodruff arts centermarta stationfull kitchenbedroom suitehigh museum of artsofa bedpiedmont parkwould definitely stay here againbreakfast roomwithin walking distancefree breakfastlounge areacomfortable stayper nightcleaning staff
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I booked my room over the phone. The operator assured me of a reduced rate, and self-parking for $22 per night. When I arrived on Saturday, February 27th, 2017, the room style I had booked was not available, the less expensive "studio" was more expensive than my promised rate, and parking was $30 per night, valet only. The bathroom door didn't close all the way unless lifted into position. But none of that was as irritating as the party in the two adjacent rooms that kept me awake from 2:50am until I complained at the front desk around 3:30.

That being said, the room was clean without any offensive odors. The breakfast was good with eggs, biscuits, greek yogurt, sausage, fruit, and more available. Thankfully, the location was within a 15 minute walk to the SCAD.

All in all, it was well worth the discounted rate considering the location, cleanliness, and breakfast. However, the hassle I experienced will make my return to this location unlikely.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Hi John M,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback from your recent stay with us. We will be sure to share this with the appropriate departments so that our guests' experience world-class service. We hope that should your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at MANY Marriott hotels over the years. I only stay at Marriott hotels. I cannot say that this is the best but it is a nice one. It is not owned by cooperate so it appears to be a franchise, therefore it is run a bit differently.
Other than that, the staff has been extremely pleasant and super easy to work with. The breakfast is a typical Marriott breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Hi Mia J,

The staff at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown at 17th Street thank you for your kind words. We look forward to hosting your next stay in the Atlanta area. See you soon...

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Overall room was ok, but not the room pictured on the website. Website shows the 1 bedroom unit as having a fireplace. Looking forward to the romance of a fireplace but no such luck. There was no fireplace in my room. Couch was not comfortable at all. Valet parking only. Valet was very courteous and responsive. Room service to replace microwave light was quick and efficient. An office building next door that totally blocks any view. Fortunately not occupied on the upper levels are you would not be able to open the blackout shades without being fully clothed as they appear to only be 20 feet away. Garbage trucks early in the morning wake you up but that is everywhere in mid-town or downtown.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi hjbrownsc,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We value this information and will review this with the entire team to provide a better guest experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. The room was very spacious, clean, well attended, and had ridiculously high ceilings! Our view wasn't spectacular, as it just looked into another building. We didn't care about that because we weren't staying here for the view.

The staff was friendly and courteous. Standard in what you'd expect for a hotel like this.

The location is decent with restaurants within walking distance and a museum nearby.

The complimentary breakfast was decent/standard. Nothing that will knock your socks off, but still appreciate because it's free, you're hungry first thing in the morning, and you don't have to go very far.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Marvin T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Weddings at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown at 17th are always fun to host and we are delighted we could provide a comfortable stay for you and you guest. Please come back to stay with us if you are ever in the Midtown area. Thank you again for staying with us at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown at 17th Street!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I stayed here for a business trip. The location was excellent. Midtown is the perfect place to stay with access to highways and restaurants nearby. I parked my car at a parking lot one block away from the hotel, and the charge was $8 each time I left the parking lot. It was the cheapest option for overnight parking nearby. The hotel itself has a laundry room, and a gym. I stayed in a first floor suite at the back end of the hotel, and my stay was great! The room was clean, comfortable, and very quiet. It was a little outdated, but that wasn't an issue at all. There was a kitchenette- which came with dishes, a stove, fridge, and microwave. The shower had great water pressure. Overall great stay, great location, and a happy guest!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Hi Silvana G,

We are delighted you could be a guest at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown at 17th street. We are even more delighted that you had such a great stay with us! We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Midtown area for pleasure; you will choose the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown at 17th staff to help show you how great the Midtown area is. We look forward to seeing you soon...