“3rd Time NOT a charm”

Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th
Ranked #98 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 April 2015

I visited back in January and figured I would give them a third (and possibly last) change to redeem themselves from my previous stays. When I arrived, the front desk staff was pretty friendly, and I thought that maybe they have redeemed themselves. The room they gave me was an updated suite, and I started to relax a bit.

Then the shoes dropped.

I originally planned to stay for two nights, leave for a night and then return to this location. However, because of what happened I cancelled my last night. What happened? I'm glad you asked. I left the hotel early the first day there and stayed out pretty much all day exploring Atlanta, meeting up with friends, what have you. When I returned to the hotel at 3:30pm to prepare for a conference call, I found that the room had not been touched by housekeeping. At all. I went to the front desk to let them know that housekeeping had not refreshed the room at all, and that I was fearful that they would barge in and interrupt my call after 4:00pm. The desk staff apologized and radioed housekeeping, which arrived at 3:50pm - ten minutes before my call. They left just before 4:00pm, and everything went on as scheduled.

The next day, however, was a different story. Housekeeping decided to come earlier, however COMPLETELY DISREGARDING a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and WITHOUT knocking, they simply barged in. Fortunately a friend was sitting in the living room and stopped housekeeping from coming in - while I was in the shower. Had he not been there, housekeeping may have gotten a show they hadn't bargained for.

I went down to the front desk after that and not only told them how disappointed that I was, but that apparently Do Not Disturb signs mean nothing and that because of that, I would be cancelling my last night there and staying elsewhere. Their solution? Give me 10,000 Marriott points, an apology, and send me on my way.

I appreciate the points, but because housekeeping has screwed up multiple times, and (from my past reviews) staff seemed indifferent, there will not be a 4th time for this location. I recommend skipping it if at all possible.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Timothy H
Melissa T, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Hello from Atlanta, chgocutie. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior service and Southern hospitality. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at Melissa.Turner@interstatehotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 9 April 2015

We stay in many Residence Inns over at least 20 different US cities.(Because we like to bring our well-behaved little dog with us when we travel.) This one in Atlanta is the best by far. Location is perfect-in the heart of midtown Atlanta-charming, cultural, and safe. Walking distance to many attractions.
The property has modern decor, is well-maintained and spotlessly clean. The 2-bedroom suite is way more spacious than any other Residence Inns we've stayed. The front little garden is wonderful for sitting outside. Even has an artistic fountain. The staffs from parking valet to concierge and the maids, are all pleasant and courteous. Only the staff in the Hearth room (breakfast room) are not. They are OK, just dim in comparison to all other brightly friendly staffs. I will definitely stay here again without second thought.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites at the end of each corridor are super spacious and worth the extra if you have more...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveMyChihuahua
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I booked a room for myself with two beds and got a huge room with full dining table, sofa bed, 2 separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms, and 3 tvs. Way more than I needed, but I'd love to bring my family for a stay. Only negative was that the floor in the kitchen area was really sticky. I cleaned it myself on the first night with a hand towel, and it turned black. I love the Hearth Room, where breakfast and evening drinks are served. It was a very nice to place to socialize with others who were attending the same class as me. I liked the mirrors, lighting fixtures, and metal-work decorations. There are a few nice restaurants nearby, and more options within a few minutes if you have a car. I was able to walk from the train station with my roller bag. It's a good neighborhood for jogging, although the gym has enough equipment and machines.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the very end of the hallway (the end closer to the elevators). Avoid 2nd floor, w...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Annie P
Reviewed 23 March 2015

My fiance and I stayed here for the night after the Beer Carnival at Atlantic Station. The walk wasn't bad at all to the location. The room was perfect for what we needed it to be. A place to crash after heavy drinking. Loved having the kitchen area. Bed was comfortable. Just wish they had the option for King sized beds, we like to spread out a little more. Breakfast was pretty good and free. Asked for a high floor but the only available was on the first floor but was still quiet.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I would certainly return to this hotel in the future. I stayed here for two nights while on business, but I could certainly see how they hotel would be nice for longer stays. The rooms are nicely sized mini-suites, and are clean and well appointed. I enjoyed both the included breakfast and evening happy hour. The hearth room where breakfast was served is particularly nice. The internet was a particular strength in this hotel, and I had sufficient bandwidth to get some real work done.

The one thing that could have made my stay better was a more substantial comforter or blanket on the bed. There was only a think blanket, and I was cold during the night despite turning up the heat in my room.

Room Tip: There is substantial road noise toward the front of the hotel, but farther away from the street it i...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business