All reviews hotel's pool complimentary coffee in the lobby night auditor definately stay here decent size stone mountain beds were very comfortable shopping and restaurants stayed one night nice stay sink mall couch atl
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Great location if you need to be in the East Atlanta area, not a bad ride to and from the airport either. Hotel is located in a business area so there are many things around, restaurants, retail, grocery etc. Lobby is pretty open and nice, with restaurant on site (Buger Therory), check in was a little long they could not find the credit authorization, but was very nice in dealing with the situation. Room was good and bad, decent size with microwave and fridge, couch and work area, bed was pretty decent, bathroom is split with the vanity and sink being in the room by the door. There were a lot of issues with housekeeping, walked into the room at check in and the hand towel rack is laying on the counter, an empty box of tissues in the slot, no wash clothes, and all the hand towels were in on the bath towel rack, which tells me housekeeping is aware the rack is broke, mentioned something to housekeeping the next morning and was told they would get maintenance on it, it was never addressed. Few other small things, refrigerator was not plugged in had to wait for it to cool down before I could put anything in, air conditioning unit is very loud, woke me up a couple times because it rattled so loud. Check out was very long, walked up and no was behind the counter, waited for a bit and a gentleman walked out and asked if I had been helped, and said somebody would be with me shortly, lady then walks up a bit later to help, she had been chatting with the breakfast staff and making herself a plate, on a positive at least the billing was correct. Hoping this was just one bad experience, but not sure that I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Lenord D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn ATLANTA-NORTHLAKE.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. The issues mentioned in your review are currently being investigated, engineers are engaged in resolving the issues. Your review has been discussed with the Housekeeping Director, as well as the front desk staff, for training and coaching purposes. We are proactively working to ensure that we as a brand, live up to the expectation the brand is
known for.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Food at the restaurant in the lobby was good. The room was clean and comfortable but when I went to shower there was no soap dish or ledge in the shower. I had to keep the soap/shampoo/conditioner on top of the toilet tank. But overall the hotel gets 4 stars

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn ATLANTA-NORTHLAKE.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn! See you soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This was an excellent hotel to stay at. The beds were very comfortable and the Continental breakfast was excellent. We only stayed one night on our way home to Florida. They were in the process of renovating but did not bother us at all. Would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I had great difficulty in trying to make a reservation with the desk clerk Veronica and ultimately had the reservation made with a supervisor at customer service line. Several things the desk clerk had said were not correct but I received satisfaction after talking with the customer service supervisor. In our room the coffee maker didn't work, the water pressure in the shower was weak, the wake-up system on the phone didn't work and the air conditioner didn't cool well. When we arrived there was no air conditioning in the lobby too!!! On Saturday because I was running behind after not receiving my wake-up call we had to send out for breakfast and the ice machine didn't work. When we came back to the hotel after our event there was no one attending the front desk so I had to wait until we came back from dinner to speak with someone concerning a wake-up call. The young man I spoke with was very pleasant and listened to my dilemma and he offered to set a call for 6:00am and one for about 30 minutes later than our discussion. After I didn't receive his call I called him back and he said he would tell the night auditor to come knock on my door the next morning. Someone did come knock but my husband came to the door immediately and she was already almost to the hall where the elevator was. We still had no working ice machine so my husband first went to the fifth floor and he finally found a working machine on the third floor. When we came down stairs for breakfast with our son who was staying at the hotel with another group it was a real disaster. There was hardly anything on the buffet and two different servers were asked if they were bringing more out and they didn't even acknowledge the request. Eventually they brought out some utensils and a few biscuits. When asked again if more food was going to be brought out the girl said I don't know it stops at 9:30 and it was 9:15 at the time. The coffee kept running out and my son had to go to the bar and ask for orange juice after seeing someone else receiving some. There wasn't anything set up for juice and the water was out along with the coffee in the lobby. At 9:30 I saw the young lady taking up plates and even standing over an elderly couple who were not finished eating the little bit of food that they had found on the buffet. I walked over and asked for a cup of ice to her response that they didn't have any ice. There was a sign posted saying dine in only no carry out plates however they had some to go plates located near what was supposed to be fruit was. While I was waiting for my husband to come in from taking our luggage to the car I saw 8 people with to go plates waiting for the elevator. I was told there was some ice on the second floor so my husband went up and got me a cupful for the road. By 9:45 there were several young ladies talking and laughing loudly with each other in front of the dining area and there were a couple of guys standing right outside the front door smoking and talking. Then when I went over to check out the attendant was doing something and she only acknowledged me when I said something to her. In checking over my receipt I noticed a different rate than I was quoted by the customer service supervisor so I inquired about it. She told me that the rate on there was correct but after some discussion she said she would have the manager look over it and call me. Needless to say I didn't receive a call from anyone. While I was still standing at the counter another gentleman walked up with questions about his bill too. Her explanation to him was that he was being charged $30 for incidentals, he asked what incidentals were and she said damage to the room or smoking in the room. He told her that neither one of these things applied to him or his room so she told him to call the manager and she wrote his name down on the receipt. This has to be the most poorly ran hotel I've ever been to. Needless to say I will never stay here again!!! Corporate operations needs to take a very close look at how this property is being handled and maintained as well as looking into the people employed there. This was the first time I had stayed at a Holiday Inn in about 30 years although I have stayed at a few Holiday Inn Express properties and I only stayed there because my son's group was staying there and we thought we would have more time to spend with him if we stayed there too!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about our hotel. It is certainly regrettable that the overall level of service you have received did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you still have concerns with billing, please feel free to email us at IHGService@ihg.com along with your full name, reservation details, and phone number. We would be happy to follow this up for you.

We always strive to provide our guests with the best accommodations possible and we regret that we did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This is a run of the mill hotel with your basic needs met and not much more. The rooms are average but show signs they have been around for a very long time. I'm not overly picky about not seeing any signs of previous guests but if you are you might reconsider. I could tell that some previous visitors had hair problems as I was left with at least two different colour hairs in the bathroom. The bathroom showed signs of it's age.

I had a reservation for a king but was given a room with two double beds at the same price. I don't like when a hotel or airline allow you to book and don't follow through with it.

The staff here are all top notch; especially the breakfast buffet crew.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear daveinbarrie2016,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept our sincerest apology we were not able to honor your room reservation and also, for the experience you had with the quality and cleanliness of the room you received. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M