“Still as good as it was 10 years ago!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #90 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Vienna, Austria
“Still as good as it was 10 years ago!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

When I first started to come to Atlanta in 2001 I stayed at this hotel for about 6 months. 2 weeks at the Homewood, 1 week at home. On this trip to ATL I decided to stay here again and I still like it for the same reasons as I liked it 10 years ago.

The place is clean, well maintained, is in a very convenient location and the staff still manages to male your feel welcome and at home.

Pool is good size, gym is ok but you get vouchers for the big one across the street and the rooms have all you need. With the exception of wireless internet. There is a wire in the room, wireless in the lobby.

And last but not least at $ 100/night a great value.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank DutchAT
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. There is nothing better than hearing a previous guest have such a wonderful experience in the past that it keeps them coming back to us every time. It is our mission to make our guests feel right at home and make their stay memorable. I apologize for the inconvenience of our wired internet access but please note that the next time you visit, wireless internet access will be up and running in your room. Our internet provider is wrapping up the last bit of the installation process as we speak , so we look forward to our guests enjoying this amenity very soon. We hope to see you again very soon during your next visit to the Atlanta area!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently visited Atlanta to participate in a class being conducted at the Global Knowledge training facility. When selecting a place to stay for the week, Global Knowledge had several hotels recommended as convenient to their facility. When I saw the Homewood Suites listed I remembered the good experience I had back in 2006 while staying at the Homewood suites in the Buckhead area. I still had a business card from that stay in 2006, and Karen Hurst was the General Manager.
After I arrived at the Homewood Suites in the Cumberland/Galleria area last week I was surprized to learn that Karen Hurst was now the General Manager at this site. Karen is an absolute delight and makes every effort to make you feel at home. Many mornings while I was enjoying the wonderful breakfast, Karen would be greeting guest, answering questions, and making sure everyone was comfortable.
The breakfast was absolutely wonderful every day with a variety of items to suit any taste. In the evenings the "Welcome Home" reception was also very good. The only meals that I had to purchase during my stay were the lunch meals while attending the school. This saved me a significant amount of money during this week and is another example of the great value of staying at Homewood suites.
My room was a King suite and had every comfort as my own home. The living room area had comfortable furniture, the kitchen area had cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, sink, and a full sized refrigerator. There were two flat screen TV's that were very nice, and I was able to use a work desk in the bedroom area for my laptop and connect to the internet for my business. The King size bed was so comfortable that it felt like sleeping on a cloud. Every evening when I returned from my class I found the room cleaned to perfection with fresh towels, soap, shampoo, and mints. I could tell that the housekeepers took pride in their work by the attention to detail.
Every morning the shuttle from the hotel delivered me to my class, and came and picked me up in the evenings. My car never had to leave the parking lot for the entire week of my stay. This saved me plenty of gas money and I didn't have to worry about driving around in an unfamiliar city. The stress that this provided me was priceless!!
If I have another chance to visit Atlanta I will make every effort to book my stay at the Homewood Suites and the one at 3200 Cobb Parkway in particular. In closing, the HHonors membership is a great reward system for loyal customers and we use this everywhere we visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "E" section on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Billy G
I would like to start off by mentioning how wonderful and impressive it is that you kept our General Manager Karen's business card from your 2006 stay!! She is a very important part of our entire hotel team here and I am so glad she made your stay, both in Buckhead and now here, memorable . It is apparent that you took full advantage of our comfortable and spacious suites and slept easy on our cloud like bedding! I enjoyed hearing that your stay with us also helped you save a lot of money on gas and food as our complimentary meals alone are such a great value . Thank you again so much for your fabulous comments as I will be sure to share them with the entire staff . They work very hard to make our guests experience an excellent one and will love to hear all the positive feedback you have given. We look forward to having you back anytime !
Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel was really nice and worth the money!! The breakfast was really good and so was the afternoon meal!! It felt just like home!! Will stay here our next trip to Atlanta!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing to be our guest during your visit to the Atlanta area. It is so nice to be called the "Best Hotel Ever" as I know there are many choices travelers have when coming to Atlanta. I am happy to hear you and your family took full advantage of our complimentary breakfast and dinner during your stay as I know that can save you alot of money while traveling. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the future.
Keystone Heights, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family really enjoyed our stay in Atlanta, mostly because of the Homewood Suites. The in suite kitchen was great for the kids. They have hot breakfast bar everyday and hot dinner buffet Monday-Thursday. They were very accomodating and helpful. One of my children has food allergies and their staff helped us to find area restaurants that served food that he could eat. Also, everything is 10 minutes away. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you so much for giving us such a great Trip Advisor review! We pride ourselves on our service and accommodations so I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your experience! As you know, all of our rooms are suites so they all have a bedroom which closes off from a full kitchen and living room. They really feel like apartments! We really are in a great location with easy access to both 75 and 285. We would love to welcome you and your family back again soon! Thanks again!
Bloomington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is an older hotel that is in excellent shape. Great location with mature landscaping. Handicapped accessible rooms are small with little room for a wheelchair. There are no roll-in showers in any of the rooms. The evening light meal and breakfast were really good and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We greatly appreciate your compliments and honest feedback about our accommodations. We are continually striving to improve and hope you will allow us the chance to welcome you back when you return to Atlanta.
We would love to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
0.5 km away
1.6 km away
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
1.2 km away
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK