All reviews grant park carriage house goat the main house bed and breakfast master suite b bs yellow room atlanta zoo shared bathroom breakfast was delicious other guests close to downtown short drive a great place to stay living room home away from home
Reviewed 2 January 2018

As a first-time B&B guest, I was thrilled with my stay at the Social Goat. I was in Atlanta for the Peach Bowl and wanted a room close to downtown, but with some personality. This was the perfect place! We stayed in the Carriage House, which has a bit more space and privacy than a typical room. We had a small balcony where we could watch the ducks in the fountain, and see the goats, chickens and turkeys roam the yard. The animals and age of the home give this B&B a lot of character. Our room was comfortable, quiet, clean, and spacious. Parking was easy (and so was getting an Uber to a variety of nearby restaurants). Our breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed visiting with other guests. I would definitely stay here again.

My only caution is it's near a federal prison, so I was a little leery driving in. However, the neighborhood is full of beautiful victorian homes and felt safe and friendly. Once at the home, we forgot about its surroundings and just enjoyed its spirit as an urban escape.

Room Tip: Review the rooms on the web site and choose accordingly. Each has its own character.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Short drive from the attractions and bordering the Atlanta zoo, the social goat is a beautiful, grand house with offstreet parking and the added bonus of a small refuge in the land out back for a community of goats, ducks, turkeys and cats.
The B&B itself is delightful, vintage furniture, wooden floors, spacious, comfy rooms, resident cats that will join for a snooze if you so wish. Nice breakfast with a large selection of preserves.
You can spend time relaxing in multiple places (balcony, pond, garden) or by petting the animals who are cared for like family.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Overall The Social Goat Bed and Breakfast is nice; however, if staying there again I would prefer not staying in the house across the street, “Hog Heaven”. The B&B is VERY close to downtown which is a huge plus as far as location is concerned. The “Hog Heaven” house is very very old and appears to have been recently purchased and updated just enough to make the online pictures look “heavenly”. When we arrived, even though it was a hot Atlanta day, the heat was on in the home. The smell was so musty my sinus passages immediately clogged. There may or may not be mold in the home but it certainly had a moldy musty smell. There are areas where paint and plaster are peeling off of the walls as well as several areas where it is quite evident that water has leaked in. It appears that the exterior roof needs to be replaced.

The main inn is quite nice, very charming, and quite comfortable. There is quite a bit of lawn and garden maintenance that needs to be done. Shrubs need to be trimmed. Pine straw or mulch needs to be applied. Really, out front, there is little to no grass, all weeds. Just not what one would expect from a 4-5 Star B&B. Overall cleaning, especially outside, needs to take place. Drapery on the outdoor porch areas were cover in black moldy dots. The goats, chickens, and turkeys, however, are quite charming!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Belinda I
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We had travelled from England UK, and wanted to see a bit of Atlanta before travelling to Hilton Head SC, we had quite an eventful time! Our flight in was delayed and we ended up missing our connecting flight so we got to the Social goat quite late at night but Kristy stayed up to greet us, our rooms were beautiful we had the yellow room and my son and his partner had the blue room. If you love animals this had a mixture of everything, Ducks, chickens, four cute cats, goats and even turkey's, no noisy roosters I'm glad to say.
It was a lovely start to our holiday, but it didn't end there, we were evacuated from Hilton Head due to a hurricane so we asked Kristy if we could come back to the Social goat, she managed to fit us in which was very kind of her, we ended up staying a further 3 nights whilst waiting for an early flight home, in that time the hurricane had knocked out all their electricity but Kristy and Paul took good care of us and we managed to see a lot more of Atlanta. Lovely hosts that go above and beyond to look after their guests.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are sumptuous.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My husband and I have probably stayed at at least 100 different B&Bs over the past 30 years with, obviously, tremendous success. So much nicer than a noisy hotel room. So I hate to give anyone less than 5 stars, but Tripadvisor is here to be helpful and honest reviews are the whole point. So in that vein, I will have to give this only 4 stars.

Pros: We chose this B&B because they offer a small house across the street with plenty of room for grandparents and teen grandchild, but mostly for the uniqueness of the animals on the property. The animals were the hit of the visit with loads of chickens and roosters everywhere, plus turkeys and ducks, and goats inside a fenced area in back of the house.

The little house was a good value with everything you could possibly need in kitchen, living room, dining, two bedrooms and bath.

Parking was not a problem.

Location is close to zoo, botanical garden, and plenty of good restaurants, (but not in walking distance.) Neighborhood was not a concern for us, although we drove through some dicier areas to get here.

Breakfast was very good, but sometimes we tire of cut up fruit with omelets or scrambled eggs, and would appreciate something a bit more creative.

Keys and instructions were waiting on the porch for easy check in.

Cons:

The only problem we had in the little house was not so little. Window blinds in the front bedroom with king bed did nothing to keep the bright street light from lighting up our room and hampering our sleep something terrible. Inside seemed very clean, but windows were quite dirty. I would not pick this house unless the window covering problem is corrected.

The thing that lingers in my mind is that we did not feel welcome. The owner drove in as we were photographing our granddaughter with the animals, carefully obeying instructions not to open the gate to the goats. She did not smile, wave, or greet us. Only upon my approaching her and introducing us did she respond, but with no real warmth. As I made an attempt at some conversation, another car drove in that contained a man in a police uniform, whom I assume was the husband. He did not even look our way (and we never met him during our stay.)

The feeling that "something was off" continued into breakfast the next morning. We were the only guests, so just us three and the owner cooking breakfast. Unless we initiated it, I don't think any conversation beyond "would you like a spinach omelet or I can make scrambled eggs" would have occurred. A few attempts to ask questions about the beautiful old house were answered, but with little enthusiasm. Honestly, we simply never were made to feel welcome. Remember the old TV program "What's my Line?" Well, this couple would have been the last ever suspected of being owners of a B&B. Reading this over now, I would give this 3.5 stars if possible. As I said, "something was off."

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying in the main house due to window blind problem in cottage.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Classic_Creation