All reviews grant park carriage house goat the main house bed and breakfast master suite yellow room third floor b bs atlanta zoo other guests breakfast was delicious close to downtown loved our stay every morning long weekend short drive
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I usually stay at the Buckhead Intercontinental or downtown Ritz, but this past Friday night everything was booked due to The Mart being in town. Scoured TA for something different, a B&B on the E/SE part of Atlanta, and fortunately found The Social Goat. Nestled in a resurging neighborhood bordering Grant Park is this beautifully and carefully restored 3 story home and an assortment of goats, turkeys, chickens, and 2 charming cats (and I'm not a "cat person"). The proprietor, Kristy, has a contagious passion for her place, having personally labored in its design and construction, and people. Most B&B owners are very personable, but she goes the extra and welcomed mile in making you feel at home on the farm. She is very knowledgable of the many small and interesting restaurants and shops within easy distance, and is the perfect host. The antiques are unique and the decor and design blend the old with new very well. We stayed in the spacious room on the second floor, and were more than pleased.
This is an oasis of tranquility in a bustling city that shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank finder45
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Just returned home from two nights at the Social Goat and can't speak more highly of our experience. We stayed in the third floor suite which is huge-- comfortable beds, plenty of space for lounging around and a great view of the goat, turkey and chicken activities out back. Breakfast both mornings was delicious and plentiful and innkeeper Kristy did a great job making us feel welcome and at home. The location of the inn is very convenient for hopping around midtown. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank beckaboo312
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Who would have thought such a peaceful place could exist in the middle of Atlanta! The house was beautiful and full of details like little jewelry boxes and artwork. The bed was warm and comfy and there were enough plug ins to charge electronics, which is sometimes a problem in hotels. We even had a cat come sleep with us! Having grown up on a farm, being awoken by a rooster crowing and sunlight streaming through the blinds again felt just like home. If you do not enjoy being woken up by a very determined rooster though, I would recommend a room not facing the coop. Breakfast was wonderful and included those Georgia staples, biscuits and grits. We enjoyed petting all of the goats and turkeys! This was definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed and will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GirlRaisedInTexas
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed at the Social Goat in February 2012... it was so wonderful! We actually stayed at the cottage across the street, which was really nice and quiet, but close enough to walk over to the house to visit the goats, get coffee any time, or use a corkscrew for a bottle of wine. The goats were precious, and the chickens... I was not a fan of the female turkey, especially since she chased me down the driveway while I was carrying my bottle of wine (I shouldn't have run from her, I know). There was also a super cute vintage boutique store in the neighborhood that I loved. We will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mks2x
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My friend and I stayed at the social Goat for a long weekend in the carriage house. It was amazing! It was comfortable and clean. The grounds were well maintained. It is a beautiful house, very comfortable. I loved the animals. The cat monkey even came and hung out in our room with us! Breakfast was always delicious. I didnt want to leave and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I really liked staying in the carriage house. It is above the garage. It is very private.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends