“Avoid priceline and especially Thrifty or Dollar car rental at Atlanta airport!”
Review of Thrifty - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Avoid Priceline and Thrifty or Dollar car rental in Atlanta. The line Looks like it's at Disney World for a new ride. You cannot check in online or by any other means skip the line. I've rented literally thousands of cars over the years and I'e never seen anything as jacked up as this.Been standing here waiting for my turn for my $500 prepaid rental for 45 minutes.There are still at least 80 renters in the que in front of me. It will take longer than my flight here including the drive to the airport! Two slow ladies at counter. One supervisor shouting ar the renters in line who could be renting cars. A clown show!

1  Thank Pwonder
Write a reviewReviews (10)

Reviewed 22 May 2021

I'm a Thrifty Blue Chip Special Executive Deputy Vice Assistant Rewards Member, which pre-authorizes charges and lets me go to the Thrifty Lot and get my car directly. In theory.

After 30 minutes of shoving 160 lbs of camping gear around the Atlanta International Airport rental lots while following the Thrifty signs, we found only tumbleweeds and a dead coyote. A helpful Sixt employee told us that Dollar, Thrifty, and Hertz are actually the same company and were sharing space in a completely different structure.

The only signs were those pointing to an empty lot.

Found the Dollar counter that had 50 people waiting and 3 bored-looking employees. Sucked it up and got in line.

75 minutes later, got to the front of the line, where the bored employee told me that with my status, I should have just butted my way to the front. When I asked how I should know this, she shrugged and said "I dunno." When I asked why they didn't have a sign or lane for Blue Chip customers, she said that they could not put up a sign stating this, as it would make the other customers mad.

I then shoved my 160 lbs of camping gear to the proper lot and got our car, which showed full yet somehow after 15 miles showed that it had only a range of 250 miles on the first tank. Car was dirty, smelled like someone had smoked in it sometime before, and clearly had 3 or 4 gallons less than full despite what the gauge said - I would have rejected this car and complained, but we were already hours late for our arrival at our event.

Worst of all - It took longer to rent this car than it took to fly from our connection in Houston to Atlanta.

How do you destroy a customer relationship in 3 easy steps? 1.) Don't communicate - it could have been easy to tell Thrifty customers about the changes at ATL, but no one could be bothered. 2.) Make sure customers can't find your counters or reps, and make no effort to get your customers to the right place - Seriously, a hundred bucks at Kinko's would have resolved ALL this, but no one at Thrifty cares. 3.) Employ the slowest, rudest people who wear a "don't give a damn" chip on public display; make sure they spend time talking to each other or staring at their phones instead of doing their jobs.

I will NEVER rent from Thrifty/Dollar/Hertz again unless I get a refund AND a written apology, and I encourage you to rent from their competitors.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

I wouldn't recommend Thrifty nor rent from them again. The line to get the car was over 30 people with 2 attendants working. We were coming in for our Uncle's funeral and had we waited in that line we would have missed the funeral. A Hertz associate upstairs took mercy on us and got us a car. If it wasn't for her, we would not have made it. It seemed like there was a shortage of cars (people upstairs waiting for 2 hours to get their car). Don't make reservations for cars you don't have readily available.

This is a poor business model for one of the busiest airports in the world to have this kind of line for people travelling and needing to get from the airport to where they are headed.
I did not get the kind of rental car that I had requested (a small suv). I took what was available - a compact car, which at that point in time I did not care because we needed to get on the road for my Uncle's Funeral. But, I would expect that the type of car that I RESERVED would be ready for me. I set pick up time at 9 am. This was around 1030 or 1045. Where was the car? Yet again, don't let people reserve cars that you don't have.

• Shuttle
Reviewed 3 May 2021

My rental experience with Thrifty at the Atlanta Airport was horrendous. When I arrived at the rental location, Thrifty/Dollar was the only counter that had a long line snaking down the hallway. It took me 3 hours to wait in line to get to the counter, and then they still didn't have a car ready for me even though I had reserved one several days prior. I had to wait another 30 minutes for a car, and no one even apologized. When I complained, they said it wasn't their fault. I will never rent with Thrifty or Dollar again and will tell others not to do so, either.

• Shuttle
Reviewed 27 March 2021

Got to the Thrifty/Dollar area and waited in line for over 30 minutes to encounter a very rude worker who acted as if we should be thankful to her for her being there.
1. Asked her to repeat herself multiples times as we could not hear her.
2. She told me not to be rude to her x 3 when I pointed out the price she was giving me was not the quoted price from Southwest. I stated I wasn't being rude, just being forthright and stating that was not the quoted amount.
3. Car was not ready, and when we asked why she got up and walked away.
4. Man that called our name walked away from us as we were stating that we were there and then turned to look at us like we were bad children.

When I called customer service on the phone, all they said was that they would give us a voucher for the next time we rented for $25. Keep it, I won't be using them again!.

Date of travel: March 2021
2  Thank Cheryl P
Write Your Own Review

Been to Thrifty - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Add Photos & Videos
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.