“No cars, no service, never again”
Review of Thrifty - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport

Reviewed 25 January 2021

We rented a car from thrifty through a third party agency (chase rewards) well in advance. First we were able to get an earlier flight into Atlanta but we were unable to change our reservation pick up time. So then we decide we will just have to go to our hotel and come back that night because the travel is cheaper than what they would charge just to change the pick up time. We then come to pick up our car at the time originally set up on our contract. We arrive on the dot and when we get to the rental desk there is NO one at the service desk. We talk to the neighboring Dollar rental counter and they said that Thrifty was all out of cars. We had to take an uber back to our hotel. Additionally many of the other car rental places did not have cars and customers waiting around for hours it appeared. There must be a massive sell off of rental cars but the fact that Thrifty could not at least let us know there would be no car would have saved us a lot of time and money!

I'll never rent through thrifty, or chase rewards again

Date of travel: January 2021
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (10)

Reviewed 21 January 2021

I was totally disappointed in the service I received from Expedia and Thrifty regarding my issue. I prepaid ($130 car and $40 insurance) for a rental car at Thrifty but when I arrive they told me they sold out of cars 2 hours before my plane landed. I called Expedia well before my trip, and the agent spoke to a rep at Thrifty, who told me that I only needed a debit card with $200 available to rent the car. When I arrived at the rental counter at 11:30 pm there was no cars. I spent $125 in Uber rides until I returned to the rental counter the next morning. When I returned I was told they stopped renting cars with a debit card in November of 2020. I was never told this and I don't think Expedia knew either. If I knew it wasn't allowed I could have rented from another company via expedia but I was assured it was ok by Expedia. The customer rep I called from the airport tried to get me a car the next day, but it was over $331 for 2 days without insurance so I declined. I spent more than $200 just on Uber rides because I couldn't get the rental I contracted for. Expedia failed me in epic fashion. Thrifty's non-flexibility also failed me epicially. It made my leisure trip to Atlanta a disaster.

Date of travel: January 2021
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Thrifty is the worst car rental company I have experienced and I advise everyone to not use them for their renting needs. My flight got in early so when I picked up the car early they charged me over double what the original base price was because "base price can change base on time". Sorry my flight got in early... good to know thrifty doesn't honor prices. The lady at the counter told me to take it up with customer service, which should essentially be non existent. They take forever to answer the phone and give you attitude on top of it :) I paid over $500 for a two day rental thanks to thrifty. Finally got in touch after a month or two and they are doing nothing about the mishap here.

Date of travel: June 2020
    • Car cleanliness
    • Shuttle
    • Vehicle condition
Reviewed 11 March 2020

I was very sweet to the customer service personnel there checking me in. They were immediately rude to me and my 3 year old daughter. She was short with me and added liability insurance on without my knowledge, even though I said no to liability insurance online and in person with her. When I asked her about the extra charges, she told me they were “taxes and fees” which made our price higher than our quoted rate. We tried to change it at the gate getting out and they told us to call customer service. Customer service told us to get it removed when we returned the vehicle. Management told us to get lost when we returned the vehicle. So now we are here, because they refused to help us in any way after they fraudulently charged us. Don’t use them. I’ve seen reviews that they do this, but didn’t believe it.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 9 December 2019

I rented an Economy vehicle from the ATL airport location for my brother's wedding on December 6th - December 8th. Even with our flight getting in late, and me being 10 minutes late to the Thrifty counter, I was in line with several other customers out in the parking area waiting for cars. We were told that the cars were not available, they were being cleaned, and the lady who actually spoke to all of us just got onto shift. She finally talked to management and offered us the row of Luxury cars but the 4 Impalas left were not to my liking so I waited. She was kinda surprised to me, but I'm the customer: it's my trip, my money. She talked to management again and the rest of us were offered the SUVs. I compliment Thrifty on their SUV choices, it was not what I really needed for this trip, but the Kia Sorento held it's own on the hills in Atlanta. I'm willing to give Thrifty another chance when my husband and I rent a car at FLL for our September vacation next year, but hopefully the car that we want will be available and not make us late for anything.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Car cleanliness
    • Shuttle
    • Vehicle condition
1  Thank GinaGMays
Write Your Own Review

Been to Thrifty - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Add Photos & Videos
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.