“Vegan dish, delish!”

Aamar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #492 of 4,264 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Niramish, that is what I ordered and it was really good. It has healthy turmeric and vegetables with rice. I ordered two (one for me and my daughter) and we had so much I gave the second one away to someone in downtown who really needed a dish of food. That was the best part! But this place is small, they do have seating out front, the food was quickly prepared, and super nice people here. I would visit again if I get to the downtown Atlanta area again. They have a wide variety of dishes (shrimp, goat, chicken, beef, lamb, soups).

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Love me some Indian food, especially when traveling. Small joint, lots of takeout during my brief dinner. Ordered the standard fare - samosas, naan, chix tikka masala - mild to medium spice and some raita. Food was priced well for amount received. It's just that everything was so sweet. The naan was sweet (and very greasy), the tikka sauce was sweet, and the raita was too sweet to eat. I've not ever experienced this before in all my time eating Indian. As well, I did not like that I the hot tikka masala came in styrafoam. It seemed I could taste chemicals as well.
Food - not so good. Service - Fantastic. Price - good. Since it's about the food, I gave it 2 stars.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

On a recent trip to Atlanta we took in a play. While walking to the theatre, we smelled a divine aroma coming out of the Indian restaurant next door. After the play we ducked inside Aamar to find a small "hole in the wall" restaurant serving the best food! I had the Chicken Curry and my husband had the Chicken Tikka Masala (they spice it up or down so I ordered mine spicy). We also ordered the Naan. Everything was served in "take-out" containers so when you can't finish what you ordered (neither of us could) you can take it with you. My dish was, hands down, the best Chicken Curry I have ever eaten and my husband said it was the best Tikka Masala he had eaten in years. It's not fancy but the service and food are fantastic. Their sign says "free delivery" so, people of Atlanta, if you like Indian food, eat up! I wonder if they deliver to Nashville?

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Very large menu of Indian specialities. They will increase or decrease the spiciness upon request. The food was authentic and tasty and perfect for an in hotel room meal!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This is totally a hole in the wall, small, basic Indian restaurant. But as expected, great food and friendly service.
I had the chicken tikka masala and naan.
Both were delicious!
Prices are high though considering the place and environment.